• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most drastic Pokemon design changes after evolution!

I understand why Remoraid turns into Octillery because Gun----> bazooka.

However, fish into octopus will never be a logical step in a direction. There are not even remote similarities in their designs.

Miniduffa

Fire Lover
I understand why Remoraid turns into Octillery because Gun----> bazooka.

However, fish into octopus will never be a logical step in a direction. There are not even remote similarities in their designs.

Why does a gnat become a moth? Why does a fish become an octopus? Why does a dove become a pheasant? Because Pokemon. :p

gamer_legend

Why does a gnat become a moth? Why does a fish become an octopus? Why does a dove become a pheasant? Because Pokemon. :p

That deserves a hug.

Actually there is one question I have
;137; ;233; ;474;

How does a Pokemon that gets banned for causing Epileptic Seizures end up looking like he suffered one himself? An inside joke there GameFreak? :p

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
;102; --> ;103;

Seriously, I still don't get it.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
;224; -> ;225;

This one makes no sense to me. A remora fish becoming an octopus!?

;349; -> ;350;

The method of evolution makes this one make sense, but still, it's a really drastic change.

;093; -> ;094;

Gastly and Haunter are both nearly weightless and hover in the air, and then all of a sudden it becomes Gengar, gains 90 pounds, and walks on the ground... yet somehow still has the Levitate ability.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
;224; -> ;225;

This one makes no sense to me. A remora fish becoming an octopus!?

More importantly, how does an octopus evolve into the Pokemon equivalent of Santa Claus? :p

For me, it's Dewott > Samurott. It suddenly becames quadrapedal, loses it's scalchops for more realistic blades, and becomes a darker shade of blue than the previous forms.

MegaRyan

Charmeleon ---> Charizard

Always seemed drastic to me.

Tangeh

;325; --> ;326;
:562: --> :563:
:602: --> :603:

And of course, we can't forget:

:588: --> :589: and
:616: --> :617:

I mean, I get it based on the evolution method, but I constantly get those evolutionary lines mixed up...

Ray Koya

Later Losers
Kadabra into Alakazam. I mean who could believe they're related by evolution.

But being serious, I'd have to say Vibrava into Flygon and Dragonair into Dragonite are the most drastic.

Rio!

Composer
;126; --> ;467;

Magmortar looks disgusting. Magmar was always nice. Electivire is much better than Magmortar, too.

;112; -> ;464;

I feel the same about Rhydon to Rhyperior. =/
Those arms/plating/tail look so weird ugh.
It's on the verge of being ridiculous, lol.

Tonguetyd

;328; --> ;329;

Ant thing with giant mouth to dragonfly thing with no resemblance...

Antlion evolving into a matured antlion. Doesn't seem very drastic to me.

;126; --> ;467;

Magmortar looks disgusting. Magmar was always nice. Electivire is much better than Magmortar, too.

Magmar has two flames and a bigger beak, and Magmortar is bulkier and has the cannon. How's that so different?

toad878

;263; > ;264;

Last edited:

Tepig2000

Number #1 Tepig Fan
;285; --> ;286;
;412; --> ;414;
;287; --> ;288; --> ;289;
;187; --> ;188; --> ;189;

Explain these.