1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Most emotional episode

Discussion in 'Animé Polls' started by Regality, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Regality

Regality Digital King

Hey all!

Just wondering, has there been any episodes that surpass the emotions felt when watching that episode?

Also Episode 66 'Snow Way Out'?

2. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

I can think of plenty that caused outrage from the fan base far outstripping any sadness in that ep.

3. Master Ask

Master Ask I am your Greninja

There might be a chance they will be showing Butterfree in Da! based on what I've seen on the posters. I might be wrong however.

4. sandy ketchum

sandy ketchum Well-Known Member

Gotta catch ya later was pretty sad. But i dont see any more emotional episodes that actually was as good as snow way out and bye bye butterfree now.

5. Agreed. The OS had some really solid emotional episodes.

6. EmphaticPikachu

EmphaticPikachu A tired little girl~

PIkachu's goodbye made me cry QQ, just like butterfree's episode.

If there's one thing that kanto had over everything else, it was dose moments. ;~;

Sinnoh comes at a close second, but ehhh, that might just be my bias/love for it. xD

7. pacman000

pacman000 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure, but the first episode "Pokemon! I Choose You!" comes close

8. *~Silver*~

*~Silver*~ Well-Known Member

I think Gotta Catch You Later, Pokemon, I Choose You!, Charizard's Burning Ambitions, and Pikachu's Goodbye are all right up there with the Butterfree release episode.
    Especially Gotta Catch You Later and Pikachu's Goodbye those two both left me with that one knot in my throat. You know, when something sad but totally irrelevant to your life happens in some sort of media.

[sub]If there are any Warriors fans out there... I'm staring you right in the face Firestar. How dare you die in such a manner?[/sub]

9. WildHennaCharizard

WildHennaCharizard Well-Known Member

"Pikachu's Good Bye" was a tear jerker for as well as "The Birth of Mewtwo". Not an episode per say but still is very emotional and explains a lot of Mewtwo's charater.

10. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

The movies invoke more emotions in me than the episodes do, to be honest. But I remember getting very, very sad at "Pikachu's Goodbye" and "Gotta Catch You Later". Not sure if I shed tears at those parts, though. But any scene with the score "Tears, After the Cloudy Weather" tends to make me really sad because of how somber it is. Nostalgia I think plays a very tiny part in the song's effects on me, but as I've gotten into piano and violin (heck, just classical in general) music the last few years, I paid more attention to it, so it makes me sad. Maybe not tear-jerking, but I can feel it.

11. CharlieSheen

CharlieSheen Active Member

I never was emotional about this episode. Charzard one I cried a lot however

12. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

"Mewtwo Strikes Back" and "Sweet Baby James" make me cry. Heck, they still bring on the waterworks when I watch them. "Bye Bye Butterfree"? Not so much. I can understand how it's emotional, but I don't know, it just doesn't grab me.

13. Enjolras

Enjolras Master of the House

So am I the only one who is attached to Snow Way Out? I thought it was really sweet how they would rather all be together. A little sappy, but I like those ;)

14. PokeMasterCait

PokeMasterCait Active Member

Bye Bye Butterfree makes me cry and cry and cry. omg :'( I'm crying just thinking about it..Butterfree is one of my favorite pokemon and I seriously could not stop crying the first time I saw it..I remember that day so well...I was sitting in my grandfathers room we were watching it together and i just had a knot in my throat and lost it.....Everytime I see butterfree i get a tear in my eye... Snow Way out does the same to me. it's such a touching moment that Ash loves his pokemon that much. and of course The First Movie and Charazard's release, I never thought I would cry during Charazards release but I cried alot.

15. stephastated

stephastated dumb twerp

nothing will make me cry more than the end of A Togepi Mirage

16. xXYobi TakiXx

xXYobi TakiXx Get ready to fly

That was sad. Parting with butterfree and never seeing it again? Plain sad.

17. Mr Dragon

Mr Dragon Crazy Dude

Pokemon Heroes for me.

18. adamfitz

adamfitz poké-lover

Oh those last 3 diamond and pearl sinnoh leave victors
    But memories are made of bliss was the one that got me
    When piplup is so happy to be going on with ash and the rest but then gets so upset when he figures out he isnt :(
    _____
    Also when togetic left it was so upsetting we seen it hatch grow evolve and leave.
    Really felt it for misty
    And may is the background was exactly how I was.
    _____
    And of course the first time misty and Brock leave! Really loved misty

There is a lot that if chocked up on but those 3 are the most sad IMO

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  19. Janice Quatlane

Janice Quatlane helloooo ladies

The one where Dawn left. I was never a HUGE fan of her, but all the tears, and goodbyes..

They made it seem so dramatic.

20. UbersSuck20

UbersSuck20 #FreeGenesect

Now the writers might yell "OBJECTION!", as we saw Butterfree on the Da! poster.

The most emotional episode was imo the one where Ash lost to Tobias, the lamest character ever introduced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.