• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most emotional episode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The first episode and Misty's departure episode. I cried during both and neither have been topped imo.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Bye Bye Butterfree and Pikachu's Goodbye are some that I couldn't watch twice when I was a kid (yeah, they made me that sad. I don't know if I cried but...xD) they still make me sad today.

Misty's Goodbye was another one, but I've watched it too many times where I've gotten over the initial shock. ^^;

BW wise it'd be Iris and Excadrill vs. the Dragon Buster. :/ It brought tears to my eyes.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Interesting.

The fact you're a big fan of Ash made me definite you'd find him crying in Snow Way Out emotional.

That episode was boring and had no real need. Me and a lot of kids at my school was not impressed by it. And this was when I was a kid myself. So with me being an Ash fan doesn't mean that my bs meter wasn't on at that time.

croagunk22

AG192 home is where the start is, max was the emotional part for me he genuinely didn't want to go which was sad

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
-Snow Way Out.

That's one of my least favorite OS episodes because nothing happened. If it hadn't been for TR, this episode would be my least favorite episode ever tbh.

-Bye Bye Butterfree.

I thought it was sad, but the fact that Butterfree spent so little time in the cast made his departure seem rather unnecessary and forced imo.

-Pikachu's Goodbye.

It wasn't sad imo because anyone who watched the anime would have known that Pikachu would never leave Ash given his status as Ash's best friend/Pokemon.

And omg, how could I forget the last Indigo League episode?! It was sad how Ash was just sitting in the stadium at the end and how it seemed like all his dreams were crushed. I almost cried just thinking about how his journey seemed to be cut short, only to realize later that he wasn't giving up and that he was still going to pursue his dream. It was so inspirational.

Liz Azzimagica

Angelic Trainer
I dare say a lot of episodes made me sad:

season 1: bye bye butterfree, Pikachu's Goodbye, Snow way out, Charmander the Stray Pokémon, Eletric Shock Showdown

Johto Saga: Waiting on a friend (the Ninetales episode), Bulbasaur the ambassador

Hoenn: Time Warp Heals all wounds (the one where may's eevee hatched), the gathering of 4

Sinnoh: Stopped in the name of Love (where piplup wishes not to evolve), Pika and Goliath

Unova: Evolution by Fire

X

xdawnhikari

I would say the most emotional episode for me is, "Memories are Made of Bliss!" because that was the last Diamond and Pearl episode.

I find almost any episode that involves a Pokemon's growth or Ash cheering it after failure or such stuff emotional. One of the main episodes I liked was 1) Pikachu leaving Ash episode in Kanto

2) Chimchar crying episode

3) Turtwig, Grotle..and Torterra. The song that comes when Grotle tries to train by itself at night is so moving.

4) Ash taking care of Charizard after getting frozen by Poliwrath

5) Ash taking care of Sceptile when it lost its moves and they both fell from the cliffs.

One of the main reasons I watch the Japanese versions is because they have the right songs for the emotional stuff.

Pokemon AG has some amazing Japanese emotional Ending Songs. They're so damn moving that they were used even in DP.

I don't care if he never wins a league but the things he do for his Pokemon are just so moving for me. This is precisely why I am a Ash fan.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I cried in the episode Jessie and James released Arbok and Wheezing

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
I would say the most emotional episode for me is, "Memories are Made of Bliss!" because that was the last Diamond and Pearl episode.

Yeah that's my most emotional episode aswell.

Other ones include Pikachu's goodbye, Gliscors release and james giving away cancea.

Geki

I haven't actively watched the anime since the end of the Hoenn league, but I'd have to say Bye Bye Butterfree and Pikachu's Goodbye. Also, Gotta Catch Ya Later because of Misty leaving the group, and I also did not know Brock would rejoin the group after that so I figured he was going as well.

NPT

Just a member
most emotinal episodes -
1. Pokemon I choose you
2. Bye Bye Butterfree
3. Pikachu's goodbye
4. Snow way out
5. Charizard chills
6. Chirizard's burning ambition
7.BW130 - Ash and Butterfree! Until the day we meet again.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
The last DP episode, it was pretty sad to see both Dawn and Brock leave. Also because right after this episode is when the anime really went downhill XD

Gotta Catch Ya Later!

Flameboii

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Umm too many from the first 9 gens to say - but there is one episode i can sum it all up into, Gotta Catch Ya Later, even though having watched it hundreds of times, i still get to the merge of tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.