• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most emotional episode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm too many from the first 9 gens to say - but there is one episode i can sum it all up into, Gotta Catch Ya Later, even though having watched it hundreds of times, i still get to the merge of tears.

Agreed. That's literally the only excellent goodbye between a set of protagonists in the English dub to date.

AG134's was just good, AG192's was terrible, and DP191's was just alright.

DjangoCribbs

One and only one. Can't remember the episode name but it's the one with the rival Gyms and Pikachu's now famous bonding with the ketchup bottle.
You all know the episode now, yup? Then you all know which bit I'm referring to... I'm gonna leave it there, I can't actually bring myself to type it without tearing up.

Acdog

Noodles! Roamin' Off! deserves an honorable mention. (The one where Team Rocket broke up and James went to catch a Shiny Metagross by himself in order to bring Jessie and Meowth back).

Celebi dying in the 4th movie was probably the most emotional death in Pokemon.

Noodles! Roamin' Off! deserves an honorable mention. (The one where Team Rocket broke up and James went to catch a Shiny Metagross by himself in order to bring Jessie and Meowth back).

Celebi dying in the 4th movie was probably the most emotional death in Pokemon.

Being totally honest with you, N: RO! is one of my least favorite eps, but I guess I can see why one would like it. I respect your opinion even though I disagree on that one.

However, I do agree Celebi's death was quite emotional. It was very touching, actually. The lullaby added an extra touch when it was revived and was very sweet. I loved the 4th film, though. :D

Acdog

Sorry for the Team Rocket based episodes, but I just thought of another.

Go West Young Meowth

That episode always stuck out to me, and it gave Meowth a pretty emotional story.

Sorry for the Team Rocket based episodes, but I just thought of another.

Go West Young Meowth

That episode always stuck out to me, and it gave Meowth a pretty emotional story.

That was an excellent episode. One of my favorites as well. :D

Might've cried when Butterfree left...not ashamed at all about it.

What's there to be ashamed of? That was one of the best episodes I've ever seen, personally.

"Bye Bye Butterfree" still holds up after all this time, too, in my eyes. Very emotional and considering Caterpie was Ash's first Pokémon that he caught, it makes the moment even more emotional and sad when it leaves him to be with its mate.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
I have a few so bear with me.. get it.. bear XD

The recent episode off da "featuring jirachi"
A scare to remember
Pikachu's goodbye
The final episode off diamond and pearl
Gliscor's goodbye
Do you hear ralts

I have a few so bear with me.. get it.. bear XD

The recent episode off da "featuring jirachi"
A scare to remember
Pikachu's goodbye
The final episode off diamond and pearl
Gliscor's goodbye
Do you hear ralts

Those are all very emotional episodes. :)

The one that stands out to me is "Do I Hear a Ralts," though. That made me realize just how awesome Max really was.

I used to think he was just an annoying nerd at first, but that episode and the sixth movie changed my opinion of him greatly.

Last edited:

TheGiftedFlareon

Tactician's Gambit
I cried really hard at Pikachu's Goodbye and The Butterfree. At least the Butterfree is happy now... :,D

I cried really hard at Pikachu's Goodbye and The Butterfree. At least the Butterfree is happy now... :,D

Yup, those two episodes are classics and excellent, IMHO.

pokemasta92

Charizard's Burning Ambitions :(

pokeaussie37

I have absolutely no idea why, but I cried like a baby at the end of the episode which had the Gym Battle against Chuck, when they left on a boat back to Olivine City or wherever they went. Like, what? Hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.