• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most epic battle ever?

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
Ooh, I forgot about Red. Him in Gold is actually probably my most epic, fending him off with a team of Typhlosion and Poliwrath and nothing else. XD

defeating Red in soulsilver with a team of 55's. I had a Tyranitar take away the hail and blizzard fails. :). Although there have been more interesting ones on PO sever with my focused sashed bisharp being the last man standing at one hp killing 3 pokes for the win that was good.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Mine was either my battle with N or with Ghestis. With N, it was definitely because of Zekrom/Reshiram's match-off. And with Ghestis, it was because of my entire team taking on his one Hydreigon. -__________- I had to use a X4 Dragon Dance-charged-Dragon Claw from my Haxorus to take it out, and then the rest of his party.

But I had more fun in my two battles against my friend. ^____^

Flame Mistress

Well mine was the canalave gym in diamond. My mightyena had about 2hp left, while Byron's bastiodon had about 60hp, then mightyena critted bastion with crunch and it fainted :D
It's offspring is in platinum now, I am never ever gonna trade it :)
Of course, there's also Red in HG. Lasted about thirty minutes.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
My second gym against Leona. I used solely my javony servine's growths while her herdier attacks. Servine managed to OHKO it with vine whip, but Leona kept using super potions, thought it's not a real problem, since servine as bring to to low health anyway.

But the epic part was her watchog. It used hypnosis and put servine to sleep. But just as it's low on HP, it woke up and used vine whip, being given the boost from overgrow in the process!

Soluna

In White I had to battle a trainer that used a Fighting type Pokemon. I think it was a Gurdurr, not sure. Anyway, I brought my Sawk in and went for a Focus Energy, and Gurdurr did aswell.

'Sawk is getting pumped.'
'Gurdurr is getting pumped.'

Coming from two fighting type Pokemon? Simply epic.

Last edited:

yoshi1990

Yoshi Trainer
I was having a battle with a person on wi-fi. All of there pokemon where legendary and all of mine where not legendary. They beat 5 of my pokemon without loosing any of there pokemon and then my typhlosion beat all 6 of there legendary pokemon and i won the battle.;157;

epicninjask123

LoL Lunatic
The only thing that comes to my mind was when I reached the subway bosses in the multi-battle trains. I was not with a friend, just the girl who goes with you when you don't team up. Now the first two rounds have passed, and BOTH my pokemon are dead. So now I'm stuck here more or less watching a cutscene of a battle and I'm really nervous, cuz by now she's got one left, and the bosses each have one left. 1 vs. 2. Odds say ima gonna lose. I forget her pokemon, but we ended up winning anyway. It was hilarious.

MonkeyX

N and ghetsis were really epic for me. I only beat N because my serperior got a crit hit on his zoroark (it came in last so it wasnt using illusion, weird) and for ghetsis nothing on my team could fight his hydrigeon so i had serperior leech seed it and stall with hyper potions until it finally died.

Zanji

I would have to say the battles with N and Ghetsis on White were epic for me because when I fought N the only pokemon that barely survived that match was my Samurott with 5 Hp remaining, I completely forgot to stock up on items and didn't want to risk using any revives because I didn't want to give N a free hit.

and Ghetsis when my Zekrom barely survived the fight with 30 Hp left and he had to take down both Seismitoad and Hydreigon

AwesomeSauce117

Nostalgia Addict
Red was epic. My Pokémon were sprayed with potions a lot and revived using defibrillators .

themochamonster

Loca for Mocha!
I'd say, probably beating Lance in HG. With a Quagsire. I had about twenty revives in my bag so every time Lance would knock out either my Quagsire or Ampharos, I'd bring them back and go for the kill. It took me forever, since Lance kept reviving himself and it felt like he had a million Dragonites....But I finally did, and I simply sat in disbelief when I finally did...

Trying to beat Red with level 50 Pokemon was pretty epic too. I actually was able to bring down his Pikachu...with the same Quagsire from before. No luck with the other members of Red's team but I'm raising my Pokemon to at least level 70 before I try again. :)

Wildfyre

X + Y, get pumped!
I also think Lance in HG. Ampharos 1HKO's Gyrados, Then he sent out Aerodactyl who I killed with Feraligatr, then I kept Feraligatr when he sent out Dragonit, when He outsped me with outrage and killed me with a critical hit. I sent out Ampharos, who ALMOST KILLED IT then got killed by outrage. So I sent out my Dragonair (with focus sash). He used Outrage, i survived with sash. Landed a Dragon Rush, KO'ing it. He Sent out another Dragonite, using Safeguard. I got a critical hit with Dragon Rush, so it fainted. The last dragonite killed it along with Scizor. I finished it of with Arcanine's thunder fang, but Charizard got lucky with Air Slash. We each had one pokemon, his Charizard vs my Umbreon. I used toxic, he used Dragon Pulse. Then i used payback, with 100 base since I was slower. He didn't die, he had about 1/3 life while i had about 1/2. He used Flamethower, i BARELY survived while killing it with payback and toxic.

That Is one of the main reasons I LOVE UMBREON.

thaBlob

< He no liek mudkipz
There was the time that my Breloom SWEPT the HG Fighting gym-leader...
And the time I recently beat Steven again after replaying Ruby version. I was in the car and on red battery. I managed to beat him (Thanks again, Flygon, Breloom and Walrein!)
with some difficulty, and had enough time to watch the credits before my battery ran out.
Even more recently, beating the E4 with purely my (FTW AWESOME) Amphy (see Siggy)
I had just realised what my Team was and had ditched the rest of my HG team
-Quilava (unevolved, level 35 xD)
-Noctowl level 37
-Golem level 36
-Victreebell level 34 (Shiny leaved!)
-Politoed level 40

Before Lance I panicked and used 9 Rare Candies on Amphy. I had the rest of my team with me as cannon fodder. Gonna recant!

-Pokemon Trainer TheBlob sends out Ampharos
-Pokemon Master Lance sends out Gyarados
-Ampharos uses Discharge
-foe Gyarados fainted
-Pokemon Master Lance sends out Dragonite
-Ampharos uses Thunder wave
-Dragonite is paralysed! It cant move!

It continued like that for about 10 minutes, with me periodically sending out others as a meat shield to heal Amphy. I managed to 2HKO his Dragonites and 1HKO his other pokemon. It was a bit of a sweep actually :)
After that was over all I wanted to do was import my Flygon, Breloom and Walrein, breed for good Scisor and Arcanine, and start Pwneing the BT. So almost all of the Kanto quessts were done with my Amphy!

*Note. I called him Amphy BEFORE I went to the lighthouse. Nintendo copied me!*

Auraknight08

Aura Master
I like rotation or double battles with friends. But the best kind of battle is 2 teams of2 against eachother, all friends.

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
I have 3: one is my battle against Blue in LG, because we were both down to our last pokemon. Mine was Rhydon and his was Venusaur. I had barely any life left, so I figure, all or nothing, Horn Drill. I won.

My second is my battle against Drayden in Black. Druddigon v. Druddigon in an epic battle to the finish. Needless to say, in the end I won as well.

My last (and my favorite) is definitely when I fought Ghetsis in White. I systematically destroyed his entire team save Hydreigon, who, being his last pokemon, swept my entire team, save for Samurott. Samurott is like, lv 46 while Hydreigon is lv 54. Suffice it to say that I'm glad I kept Revenge on his moveset.

ReaverSlain

Wandering Musician
I was not a participant (unless mocking counts) but I did hold witness to one of the most epic battles ever whilst waiting in the Airport for an airplane to take us to NYC.
It involved two of my friends on HG/SS via Wireless and it was epic because of how amazingly one sided it was. Whilst neither were bad trainers the one who lost had entered with amazingly powerful pokemon but all their moves were one type move sets so he had a pokemon like this
Typhlosion: Blast Burn, Fire Blast, Flamethrower and some other over powered fire move.
And he had a pokemon like that for each of the three starter types. My winner friend went into the fray with fairly standard pokemon but with moves to counter his weaknesses so naturally he kicked *** - He also had a starmie with ice beam and at one point actually let the losing friend win over at least two of his own pokemon before coming back in and winning. It was awesome XD