• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most epic battle ever?

Dragoniteftw

SWAGONITE
Red was epic. My Pokémon were sprayed with potions a lot and revived using defibrillators .

this made me lol

My most epic battle was on random match up, can't remember the details but it was epic.
I lost though, darn focus sash!

LudicoloGuy

ludiludiludiludiludi
Me and my friend had a 6 on 6 battle, competitively of course. He stalled me out for more than 2 hours with his Mojonbo Tangrowth (this was the first time I played against one) and a Sleep Talk Machamp. I eventually won when he ran out of PP and switched in his Machamp at a bad time :DDD

Mellenhead

#Trainer4Life
Me and my friends multi battle. haha she thought she could one hit my heracross with flame thrower. go foucus sash. Reversel for the one hit KO!!!!!!!!1

Darkee

Miror B. and his Ludicolo in Pokemon Colosseum...

With Rain Dance and Rain Dish on his side, and Pokemon that resisted water and grass but had no supereffective moves on my side...

That battle lasted FOREVER. And I eventually lost. But it felt epic at the time >.>.

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers
I was fighting Lance (rematch version) in Heartgold and was able to get him down to his Lv 75 Dragonite and his Lv 72 Garchomp. The Garchomp wiped out my Feraligatr (yeah, a ground-type beat my water-type, that's sad) and I was down to my Mamoswine. My Mamoswine was only on level 64 and I was out of revives and potions. I remembered that Ice Shard always struck first and that Garchomp was both Dragon AND Ground, which helped me take it out in one hit. Then came Dragonite. I used Ice Shard again, which knocked out almost 3/4 of its HP. Luckily it used Hyper Beam instead of Fire Blast and Mamoswine survived (barely) the hit. Ice Shard once more and I won the battle!

Esteban252

Stare Into Your Soul
Had an epic Triple Battle on random matchup, mostly becuse of my Volcarona Heat Wave which wiped out his 3 last pokemon at the same time, and Volcarona was my last poke

\Mightyena/

My first battle against Gary in Pokemon Blue, I solo'd him with only my Blastoise who was about level 82 at the time.

Burakoru

Belly Slide
Fighting Alder for the first time, my Volcorona went against his Volcorona, it was thrilling! I barely won.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Had a 6 on 6 battle with a hacker, I took great pleasure in knocking out 2 of his pokemon using my level 64 Infernape and level 56 Staraptor against his level 100 Tyranitar and level 100 Hitmonlee. My Staraptor used Brave Bird to knock down his Hitmonlee down to red before fainting from High Jump Kick. I used Mach Punch to knock out the Hitmonlee and used Focus Blast on Tyranitar. It survived but so did I when it attacked with EQ because of my sash. Used Mach Punch to finish it, the guy was pissed lolz. I used Fire Blast on the level 100 Shiny Dragonite he had but it knocked him down just a bit before he used Outrage and took out the rest of my team due to it's high speed. My Ice Beamer didn't get a chance to attack or I could have taken out another of that hacker's pokemon.

BTW I knew it was hacked because he showed me an Arceus without the ribbon from the event. He was kinda mad that even though I had lower level pokemon he still lost 2 of his pokemon lolz.

Another epic battle I had was with my friend in school. My team against his, we were down to Heracross (Mine) vs Pinsir (His). My Heracross knew Stone Edge so it was a win for me even though his Pinsir knew Stone Edge as well.

raquiri

Fighting the rival champion in blue back in the day with nothing but my superpowered charizard. I kept running out of pp just when he brought out his last pokemon, his blastoise. I finally killed it with struggle after I don't know how many restarts and a bit of praying to my dog for help :p

iZaln

Probably in Pokemon Emerald, my first play through and I was pretty young and found Steven Stone in a cave and used my favorite Sceptile to beat down those Steel types... Even at a disadvantage, I was kinda the over-grinder and Leaf Blade was a wonder lol.

JLaw72

1911Lover
One of my most epic in my 10+ years of Poke playing occurred today on my first runthrough of SS, against Whitney, the normal type Gym leader. Her damn Miltank swept me once because all my team was male (freaking Attract....) then I leveled up and went after her again.

This time I was lucky enough to burn the Miltank but my Quilava was in love and she kept drinking moo moo milk or whatever. My Hell it was a battle of wits and patience. I was so stoked when I beat her. Never been so excited about beating the 3rd gym leader....>_>...

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
i thought battling steven in ruby with an all poison team was pretty epic. my brother and i against the subway bosses in multi was also quite fun.

my favorite battle was beating my friend's entire team of legendaries with only a weavile.

Zachmac

my favorite battle was beating my friend's entire team of legendaries with only a weavile.
LOL, I beat my sister's only using a Scizor.

For me, it was on shoddy battle. I was using a sandstorm team, and a skarmory came along and wrecked it. But, with clefable being my only pokemon left, skarymory wasn't able to phaze it and it got six cosmic powers up. The battle lasted forever, but eventually all that was left was Clefable and Fortress. That was the longest part of the battle. Eventually, because of Rapid spin's massive PP, clefable ended up using struggle until it fainted. I maneged to take down 5 pokemon using 1. (The lead had swapped out).

Penguinist Trainer

My most epic battle to date has been when I was facing Dialga in pokemon diamond. I wish i could remember what my specific team was, but it was awhile ago. i can give you some details though.

i had 3-4 regularly leveled pokemon and 2-3 hm slaves. ( i cant remember how many HM moves you needed to get to him)

i started battling dialga 1/2 an hour before i had to go to work (big mistake). so i'm sitting in the parking lot of my work, killing time by playing pokemon.

i successfully get dialga down to about 1 hp while my whole team is at full health. i start chucking various pokeballs at it. i use ultra, timer, dusk, any balls that i have excluding the masterball.

one by one dialga is picking off my team while im alternating between using healing items and throwing pokeballs.

i run out of healing items, now my team is dying for real. im starting to run out of pokeballs as well.

i'm down to my last hm slave which happens to be like a level 10, so i know whatever attack dialga uses will be a 1 hit ko. i throw my last dusk ball.

he stays caught this time. i save and quit then look at the clock. im an hour late for work. i run inside and told my boss that i got pulled over by a cop so he was more sympathetic to me being late.

but after an hour and a half of battling dialga, i caught him. of course i was kinda disappointed when someone recently told me that dialga has a very easy catch rate and that i must have just been really unlucky. nonetheless, my battle with dialga was truly worthy of being a legendary encounter.

epicgarchomp24

The Garchomp Master
Definitely Clair in SS. I had ampharos and she had kingdra with yellow health. Ampharos was my last pokemon but I went for the discharge and hydro pump hit and I survived with 1 hp and discharge gotba critical hit and I won.

FormeEon

The DNA Master
Red.....
Too much to handle.... Other than that, Steven and Cynthia were tough.