• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Epic Fails in the Pokemon Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estellise

peachy
Took me 11 tries to beat Cynthia (Cause imma boss) Yes i counted.

It took me...1 try.

I didn't know you could turn off the alarms that made the Team Rocket grunts fight you in SS/HG. You know, at the base? I've replayed SS 3 times and I didn't know that...

synthetica

A Failed Experiment
Losing to a random Sawk outside Pinwheel forest during one of my White runs. I had a team planned and at that point I only had one pokemon with me (I don't remember which). While I was raising its level to take on Lenora, I was also looking something up on the internet so I wasn't really paying attention to the battles. Soon the first turn the Sawk used Bide without me noticing and, unfortunately, my attacks wasn't strong enough to beat it in two hits.

LuringMaster

Mah dawg.
Saving right before Cynthia in Platinum with my team on low health and being really low on healing items.

That reminded me of one time in Pokemon Black, I went into her house in Undella Town, challenge her to a battle, got Volcarona out first to defeat Spiritomb, Garchomp came out first, stay in, and it used Stone Edge on it, killing it in one hit. Plus, I didn't save.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
The moment a few seconds ago when I realised that the pink thing is Poliwag's mouth, and not its nose...

Gary Oak!

I got swagger, TM87!
Once, me and my older brother were playing Firered (me) and Leafgreen (him) together.

we had both just beaten Lt. Surge and we both went into rock tunnel. Then we had a contest: who could get through Rock Tunnel first. I was eager to win because he had always been one step ahead of me.

Sounds like the age-old Gary Oak vs Ash Ketchum rivalry to me, lololol. Especially the being one step ahead of you part. XD

I didn't know you could turn off the alarms that made the Team Rocket grunts fight you in SS/HG. You know, at the base? I've replayed SS 3 times and I didn't know that...

I actually lol'd at all the posts replying to this one, especially cricket's post xD [no offense! lol] A lot of people surprisingly don't seem to realize that, however either way it is a good way to grind some levels in a nuzlocke without fighting random wild Pokemon. ;)

TouyaBlack said:
That reminded me of one time in Pokemon Black, I went into her house in Undella Town, challenge her to a battle, got Volcarona out first to defeat Spiritomb, Garchomp came out first, stay in, and it used Stone Edge on it, killing it in one hit. Plus, I didn't save.

That is just sad bro. Volcarona is one of my all-time fav Pokes, set up on Spiritomb with Quiver Dance next time!

Lets see, another fail of mine?

I am not sure if this would classify as a 'fail,' but ever since D/P I always got sorta worried of getting lost in the huge cities in the games. IE Jubilife City and Castelia City. When I saw the promotional videos and pictures of those cities, I'm always like "Ohmahgawd, I hope I don't get lost in that helluva big city!!" Well, I don't actually talk like that, but you get the point lol. Then once I actually play through those cities in the actual games, I realize they aren't so big and confusing after all... (Thank you GameFreak for not making Pokemon game maps as big as Xenoblade maps!) Tbh I was more actually worried about Jubilife City, cuz I was younger and had never played a 3-dimensional game before, so yeah... Once I mastered D/P/Pt though, I wasn't really too worried about Castelia City, though I was still a little hesitant about how big it would be... Weird right? lolz

Gary Oak!

I got swagger, TM87!
What about Pokeballs?

And Full Heals/Full Restores? I'd hate to fight Cynthia with my MVP badly poisoned by Drapion's Toxic or something.

nightsmith97

To Hoenn!
Goodbye, my first Pokemon.

5 years ago, when I was only 10, Pokemon Diamond was all I played. Piplup, later my Empoleon, was my first Pokemon ever, as well as my first level 100 Pokemon. After about 300 hours and 15 minutes of play time, I restarted my Diamond game, knowing that Empoleon would be gone forever. I should have NEVER done that. xP

~nightsmith97

Status
Not open for further replies.