• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Epic Fails in the Pokemon Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabulous Ampharos

Pokemon Breeder :3
One of my biggest epic fails would be the time I spent 1 hour trying to hit a gengar in Blue version..
Also, I thought that Sentret was the BEST.

AeroKorogu

I used my starter: Emboar in a ground and flying gym on Pokemon Black.
Kept using fire moves on ground Pokemon.

I laugh at your sig...hahaha...one does not simply "plan" a team...

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I don't know if I would call this a epic fail moment but it was definitely a epic stupid moment. So I was playing white version trying to level up my minchino. It was battling an audino and got attracted by it, then the audino got attracted by my minchino's cute charm. After that my severly stupid minchino failed to attack 8 times in a row DXXXXXXXXX

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader

DX 2401PT

Monitor
The most 'fail' like moment I ever experienced was trying to glitch myself a shiny Mew in Yellow using the Mimic-Transform glitch like I'd normally do for a shiny Ditto (requires a shiny with Mimic from GSC). The idea for the Ditto is to have the Red Gyarados from GSC, teach it TM 31: Mimic in Yellow, and have it battle Ditto. Use Mimic to take Transform. The Ditto Transforms into Gyarados. Gyarados uses Transform and the Ditto does the same thing. Then catch it, send it over to GSC, and the Ditto will be shiny.

So, using that, I used a couple of glitches to encounter a level 13 Mew (has Pound + Transform) in the 'classic' area between Saffron and Lavender. With the Red Gyarados from my Gold, I did all the stuff requried to make the Mew shiny. Took a while because that thing was determined to use Pound 'till death. But eventually, it used Transform, then my Gyarados used Transform, and Mew had no choice but to use Transform again. Then I caught it using Missingno.-duplicated Master Balls, and the WRONG MESSAGE occurred. "GOTCHA! DITTO WAS CAUGHT!"

Huh? As it turns out, anything that uses Transform in the wild in Yellow is considered to be a Ditto since it's the only thing with Transform that you encounter through normal methods. So I ended up catching a level 13 Ditto with like... 35/25 HP or something (it had Mew's HP. Base 100 (Mew) is greater than 48 of Ditto, after all) that was shiny. I tried several more times and I ended up with 4 shiny Dittos and 0 Mews.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
The most 'fail' like moment I ever experienced was trying to glitch myself a shiny Mew in Yellow using the Mimic-Transform glitch like I'd normally do for a shiny Ditto (requires a shiny with Mimic from GSC). The idea for the Ditto is to have the Red Gyarados from GSC, teach it TM 31: Mimic in Yellow, and have it battle Ditto. Use Mimic to take Transform. The Ditto Transforms into Gyarados. Gyarados uses Transform and the Ditto does the same thing. Then catch it, send it over to GSC, and the Ditto will be shiny.

So, using that, I used a couple of glitches to encounter a level 13 Mew (has Pound + Transform) in the 'classic' area between Saffron and Lavender. With the Red Gyarados from my Gold, I did all the stuff requried to make the Mew shiny. Took a while because that thing was determined to use Pound 'till death. But eventually, it used Transform, then my Gyarados used Transform, and Mew had no choice but to use Transform again. Then I caught it using Missingno.-duplicated Master Balls, and the WRONG MESSAGE occurred. "GOTCHA! DITTO WAS CAUGHT!"

Huh? As it turns out, anything that uses Transform in the wild in Yellow is considered to be a Ditto since it's the only thing with Transform that you encounter through normal methods. So I ended up catching a level 13 Ditto with like... 35/25 HP or something (it had Mew's HP. Base 100 (Mew) is greater than 48 of Ditto, after all) that was shiny. I tried several more times and I ended up with 4 shiny Dittos and 0 Mews.

That reminds me of the time I was playing Red, and I had encountered a Fearow. At that time, I was too lazy to train much more than my starter, so I leapt at the chance to catch it. I don't remember exactly how it went, but I know it Mirror Moved my Ditto's Transform, and long story short, I wound up catching a Ditto.

AeroKorogu

And that was funny because?

oh it's not "joke" funny...when it comes to pokemon, one does not simply "plan" a team...it's pretty straightforward...

blackterminator3

Mine was a battle in Pokemon Silver while leveling my Milktank >.< .

onichan

Mine fail happened when I first played blue. I didn't know what the masterball was for and I used it on zapdos. But later when I found mewtwo I couldn't catch it and forever regretted using that ball on dumb zapdos

Only a week or so after I got HeartGold I sent my Scyther into a battle against a Sneasel. It took me a while to realize why False Swipe wasn't defeating the sneasel. And killing Zapdos in Platinum, Does it ever come back?

Gary Oak!

I got swagger, TM87!

Blackkyurem

Only a week or so after I got HeartGold I sent my Scyther into a battle against a Sneasel. It took me a while to realize why False Swipe wasn't defeating the sneasel. And killing Zapdos in Platinum, Does it ever come back?
Yes it does, have fun beating the E4

Status
Not open for further replies.