• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Epic Fails in the Pokemon Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I remember playing Sapphire once and running into a Shiny Lotad, then accidentally escaping from it.

Same in Black with a Shiny Boldore.

Brutaka

Ignition
Just finished the story of White, and it's my third time playing through the story.

Beat the E4, caught Zekrom, beat N, beat Ghestis, yaddayaddayadda. Decide "Hey, let's go to the eastern side of Unova now!"
I get into into a battle and then I start losing. Like actually losing. Then I realize the levels:
Opponent's team: 68/65/67
My teams: 43/43/45/46/51/53
*facepalm*
My mistake: Going into trainer battles 20 levels underleveled. On my third playthrough, you'd have thought I would have remembered that the level of trainers poke's spike from 51 in the E4 to 68 by random trainers. I mean, you know you're underleved when the wild pokemon are leading you by a level or two(ten or twelve, if you go in the dark grass)

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Shiny Pokemon that aren't too differently coloured. This has fooled me oh so many times!

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Just finished the story of White, and it's my third time playing through the story.

Beat the E4, caught Zekrom, beat N, beat Ghestis, yaddayaddayadda. Decide "Hey, let's go to the eastern side of Unova now!"
I get into into a battle and then I start losing. Like actually losing. Then I realize the levels:
Opponent's team: 68/65/67
My teams: 43/43/45/46/51/53
*facepalm*
My mistake: Going into trainer battles 20 levels underleveled. On my third playthrough, you'd have thought I would have remembered that the level of trainers poke's spike from 51 in the E4 to 68 by random trainers. I mean, you know you're underleved when the wild pokemon are leading you by a level or two(ten or twelve, if you go in the dark grass)

That's what Volcarona is there for, to help you beat them easily.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Stealth Rock says hi. That's another fail in Pokemon, how crippling it is and how drastically it changed the competitive part of the game.

Brutaka

Ignition

Hadnt caught him yet, and relying on that Volc is about as useful as relying on the lvl 100 Reshiram from that one event. Which I admit to doing vs Ghestis cuz his Hydreigon one-shotted my whole team, which isn't really fair. Then again, my team was poorly planned out. Scolipede/Beartic/Beheeyem/Emolga/Keldeo/Zekrom
The Keldeo was from that last event as well.

iGotNoiPad

I gave my master ball to Walrius so that my brother won't know where is it since he likes to disturb me.One day, I decided to have all the three starters of hoenn.I used my brother's Ruby and my Emerald. Since my brother agreed to lend me his ruby to get the starters on a one condition: I had to trade over my Walrius to him as a 'safekeep'. I traded it over without realising my master ball was traded along.And soon, my brother restarted the game.There goes my master ball and money to buy so many ultra balls.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
I remember playing Sapphire once and running into a Shiny Lotad, then accidentally escaping from it.

Same in Black with a Shiny Boldore.

lol similar situation happened to me

I'm not sure if I posted this already but in Pokemon Black 1 when I ran into a shiny Zebstrika on route 7 I accidentally hit run -___________-

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I ran away from a level 3 shiny Shinx cuz I already had a Shinx at like level ten or something. *cries*

PsychicPsycho

I have to admit, I was fooled at least once...When I sent out the pokemon, my heart jumped a little....
Me too. I can't remember what the pokemon was, but it looked a little lighter colored then usual, so I freaked out a little waiting for the animation, but it didn't came. It happened again soon after, because I was trying my team and the same pokemon came up.
How in the world would you "accidentally" run away?
Sometimes, after finding a pokemon I want, I stupidly hit 'run' because I hit it so many times before.

RainaXainne

Balanced Trainer
I've done this enough times to hate myself, but when I come across a pokemon I really want/need I get too excited and start button mashing (or in the DS's case screen mashing) and accidentally press run. I get out the first time.

Ampy

Light The Stars
Not all Gen1 Fanboys (myself included) hate Gen5 (Gen4 was garbage though...). Its hilarious to me how people get worked up over seeing a post on the INTERNET.

By Gen 1 fanboy I was referring to what lots of people would call a "genwunner" (I hate the term so I try not to use it) ie, someone who hates every other gen because they aren't gen 1. Obviously that doesn't apply to you, although saying Gen 4 is garbage is just as bad as saying Gen 5 is garbage, each gen has improved on the last one. I don't see why it's that hard to accept. It's not one post that got me worked up, it's the fact that you see stuff like that everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.