• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Epic Fails in the Pokemon Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnygowing

Getting there...
The biggest fail I can think of was done by Nintendo/ Game Freak themselves:

Adding a profanity filter and then adding a pokemon whose name doesn't pass said filter http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/563.shtml

THAT is a fail!

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu

Mr.FusRoDah

In my opinion, the biggest fail they did was making so much hype over Arceus, a pokemon seen to the Sinnoh region as a god, yet a level 1 Ratatta with a focus sash, endeavor, and quick attack can almost always kill a level 100 Arceus, unless it holds a Spooky plate, and even then, there are ways around that. Instead of saying it's the creator of the pokemon world, they could have said the Sinnoh-ese seen it as a creator, since it can be put down by the most humble of creatures, a baby rat.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
In my opinion, the biggest fail they did was making so much hype over Arceus, a pokemon seen to the Sinnoh region as a god, yet a level 1 Ratatta with a focus sash, endeavor, and quick attack can almost always kill a level 100 Arceus, unless it holds a Spooky plate, and even then, there are ways around that. Instead of saying it's the creator of the pokemon world, they could have said the Sinnoh-ese seen it as a creator, since it can be put down by the most humble of creatures, a baby rat.

To be fair, a lot of Pokemon can be taken out by FEAR Rattata, and if Arceus has Extremespeed, Rattata is dead.

!jirachi!

3/4 dead...
shiny weezing explosion on diamond

emiemi345

*Pokemon Master*
My biggest fail: I found a shiny Metapod on Gold or Crystal (can't remember) but ran out of pokeballs; I think the game was glitched, though, once an NPC had told me I had a Phanpy when I actually didn't. Also, the save file kept deleting itself around the time I reached Ice Path (I could never get past that thing until Gen 4 anyway xD)

Thowra

The Silver Brumby
My biggest fail: I was breeding timid larvestas to have perfect sp attack and speed, and after about a week I FINALLY got one.
Some guy on GTS was looking for a larvesta in exchange for chansey (or some other poke, I don't remember). But because I had about 4 boxes full of useless larvestas, I thought it wouldn't hurt to give one away.
Guess what? Yep, accidentally traded away the larvesta I needed (which I'd just finished speed EV training on). I was so angry at myself.

!jirachi!

3/4 dead...
My biggest fail: I was breeding timid larvestas to have perfect sp attack and speed, and after about a week I FINALLY got one.
Some guy on GTS was looking for a larvesta in exchange for chansey (or some other poke, I don't remember). But because I had about 4 boxes full of useless larvestas, I thought it wouldn't hurt to give one away.
Guess what? Yep, accidentally traded away the larvesta I needed (which I'd just finished speed EV training on). I was so angry at myself.

same thing happened to me with my magnemite -.-

gamer_legend

Dunsparce...

Aside from that my biggest failure was for thinking up until Gen IV rock types couldn't be hurt by electric types...even though I had proven otherwise (unknowingly) during the first three generations.

xXYobi TakiXx

Get ready to fly
had a shiny lvl 100 rakiou from the event and i reset the game after finishing it completly. sigh* had so many shinies but lost them. why world?

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
I have a couple stories very similar to plenty of others in this topic.

As a kid, playing Blue for the first time, I spent hours trying to get through the Seafoam Islands. Finally made it, and was too excited to remember Legendary 101: save before encountering. Needless to say, one dead Articuno later, I ultimately decided that no Pokemon was worth doing that dungeon again.

In other news, restarted a game with a Shiny Girafarig on it. By that time, knew shinies were rare, but playing from the beginning again was, at that moment in time, more important to me than some Pokemon that was just gonna be a trophy for my cousin and me to gawk over. It never occurred to me that I'd be able to show it off to the world some time in the future.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I have had some very bad epic fails. I remember in Pokemon Silver when I was a kid I encountered a shiny Drowzee and I had no Pokeballs. That sucked total eggs.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I actually used Calm Mind on my choiced Espeon once...

Status
Not open for further replies.