• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most epic smeargle movesets

fishphlem

Discuss epic move sets for smeargle, or ones that may not be good for competitive battling, but are really sweet.
For example:
Rest
Sleep Talk
Sacred Fire
Aeroblast

ScytheSwipe

Its whats for dinner
I have a feeling this should be elsewhere... anyhow r u kidding me!?

Epic is:
Lock On/Mind Reader
SheerCold/name a 1 hit KO! move
Zap Cannon
Dynamic Punch

that or...
Splash
Splash
Splash
Bulk Up (for variety)

PURE EPIC PHAIL!!!

Last edited:

Ammako

No. Even better:

Agility
Lock On/Mind Reader
Sheer Cold
-

You don't need Zap Cannon or Dynamicpunch if you got Sheer Cold. Sheer Gold suffers no type resistance. It should be able to hit every Pokémon, unless it's lower level.

Orangefeather

I found a good strategy on another forum:

Smeargle @ focus sash
-Mean look
-Encore
-Baton pass

Drifblim @ Choice scarf
-Trick
-Calm mind
-Baton pass

Gliscor
-Swords dance
-Rock polish
-Baton pass

Smeargle mean looks, hopefully encores the opponent into Stealth rocking, baton passes to Drifblim who tricks. Then the opponent is stuck and you're free to calm mind 6/swords dance 3/rock polish 3 times and pass to a sweeper.

AlCario

Banned
^^Nice one. Also, given Smeargle's completely abysmal stats, I think Mind reader/Sheer Cold is a must. Not that I'd ever use it in a proper battle.

Orangefeather

^^Nice one. Also, given Smeargle's completely abysmal stats, I think Mind reader/Sheer Cold is a must. Not that I'd ever use it in a proper battle.

The problem is that Smeargle's so frail... I tried the mean look/encore strategy, and it failed when the opponent 2HKO'd my Smeargle (because of focus sash). Smeargle would barely be able to sheer cold before going out. And plus, OHKO moves are banned in competitive play.

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫

Smeargle focus sash
sword dance
flail

Epic Flail

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
Spore
Baton Pass
Mean Look
Skill Swap

Steal an opponents ability and give it to a teammate. Your opponent ends up with Own Tempo (lol)

Unles I misunderstood the mechanics of Skill Swap.

Orangefeather

Spore
Baton Pass
Mean Look
Skill Swap

Steal an opponents ability and give it to a teammate. Your opponent ends up with Own Tempo (lol)

Unles I misunderstood the mechanics of Skill Swap.

BP doesn't pass skill swap, sadly. And if it did work the only thing I can think of is stealing a Heatran's flash fire and passing it to a Scizor..

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
I found a good strategy on another forum:

Smeargle @ focus sash
-Mean look
-Encore
-Baton pass

Drifblim @ Choice scarf
-Trick
-Calm mind
-Baton pass

Gliscor
-Swords dance
-Rock polish
-Baton pass

Smeargle mean looks, hopefully encores the opponent into Stealth rocking, baton passes to Drifblim who tricks. Then the opponent is stuck and you're free to calm mind 6/swords dance 3/rock polish 3 times and pass to a sweeper.

very nice!

add ingrain to smeargle and the sweeper that is baton passed to is now roar/whirlwind proof, plus ingrain helps life orb users recover off the recoil damage, making it harder to revenge kill.

really nice set bro.

this one's an older set.

smeargle@salac
baton bass
substitute
spore
belly drum

pass to charizard. (lol).

Last edited:

Cassanova

Smeargle @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature,
252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Extremespeed
-Sheer Cold
-Recover
-Sketch

Fear the power of a Sweeping Smeargle(lol).Extremespeed OHKOs all 1st-evos which you will not encounter,and 8HKOs all 3rd-evos at Level 100.Sheer Cold helps you OHKO one pokemon,though its accuracy sucks.Recover helps you sweep better,with Smeargle's ''wonderful'' defenses.Sketch allows you to copy a move,most preferably a Scizor's Bullet Punch,if you dont get OHKOed by it.

or:

Smeargle @ Choice Band
Adamant,
252/252 spread
-Extremespeed
-Bullet Punch
-Mach Punch
-Sucker Punch

With the power of a Choice Band,Smeargle rips pokemon apart with his wonderful Attack of not exceeding 300.Arceus gets OHKOed by Mach Punch(sarcasm);as well as a Caterpie.Works very well in a 1v1 battle,where you use this and the opponent uses an Arceus.