• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Evil Video Game Character

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
Self-explanatory. I stand by my previous claim.

You all can have your opinions. I personally think Sephiroth is EVIL because of what he wants to do, did, and almost did on several occasions.

Here's his grand plot:

"(I want) The last thoughts of Geostigma's dead (people, that is). Those remnants will join the Lifestream and gurdle the Planet. Choking it. Coroding it. What I want Cloud, is to sail the darkness of the cosmos with this planet as my vessel... just as my Mother did long ago. Then one day we'll find a new planet. And on its soil we'll create a shining future."
Advent Children

He doesn't want to just kill everyone. he wants to infect everyone, alive and dead, with the unbearable disease Geostigma. Then he'll just f*** up another planet. And another. And another. I know he said "shining future", but check this out.

"I've thought of a wonderful present for you. Shall I give you despair?"
Advent Children

That shows how much he hates everything, on top of destroying a large village in 10 seconds easy, driving Cloud and countless others insane, killing massive amounts of people with Geostigma and Meteor before it was destroyed, ruining countless people's lives, resulting in the imprisonment of his own mother Lucrecia Crescent in crystal forever, and tearing out people's minds and souls to make them Sephiroth Clones. He pretty much destroyed 3/4 of the life in the world before he left.

Edit: and 3/4 of all worth living for.

Re-edit: And motives? Who needs one?! Nothing worse than a true evil person who f***s up everything for no reason! But, if you must know...

Jenova, Sephiroth's "Mother" claimed to be a Cetra so she could be set free from her imprisonment in ice, and later, a stasis tank, so she could f*** up the world again, like she did 2000 years ago. It didn't work. Sephiroth read books in the Shinra mansion and thought he was a holy Cetra, or, 'the chosen one' because Jenova, his 'Mother', claimed to be a Cetra, and because of the abandonment of 'his race' to an apocalypse (that was really Jenova) by everyone else (humanity), he wanted to destroy the world with a flippin' meteor that would create a painful end, use/absorb the Lifestream that gathered at the earth's core in retreat to become 'God', and revive everyone and recreate everything just to cause everything eternal pain, living and dead, in revenge, just the first time! Then, when his soul settled into the Lifestream as one of the dead, he learned everything about what really happened, and STILL wanted revenge and hated everything, and came up with the grand plot mentioned at the beginning.

That's why I think he's evil.

Evil Otto, from the old arcade game Berzerk. I only played it a few times, but the real terror is that he has KILLED PEOPLE IRL!!! Between 1981 and 1982, two teenage Berzerk players died of heart attacks shortly after posting high scores at video arcades. Evil Otto watched them die with that evil smile on his face. Damn scary.

Last edited:

Wat.
Either Super Paper Mario's Dementio or TWEWY'S Joshua.

Dementio: No motives, no gain, but just causin' destruction for kicks.

Joshua: Sinister, puts you through all of the game's troubles with few motives for doing, and portrays himself as both a hero and a villian. I don't fully understand if he was more a villian or a hero in the game.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
This again?

The answer for Final Fantasy has, and always will be Professor Hojo. Honestly, I don't get why people insist on putting Sephiroth on the pedestal of most evil when the guy was clearly insane.

As for other series... Dr. Weil. The Megaman series.

Last edited:

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
Ultimate Supreme Executive Chairman Drek from Ratchet & Clank

To summarise, he wanted to destroy every planet in the universe for the sole purpose of financial gain.

Either Super Paper Mario's Dementio or TWEWY'S Joshua.

Dementio: No motives, no gain, but just causin' destruction for kicks.

Joshua: Sinister, puts you through all of the game's troubles with few motives for doing, and portrays himself as both a hero and a villian. I don't fully understand if he was more a villian or a hero in the game.

2 spelling errors are all that keep me from loving you at this moment in time.

Surprised Majora's not been mentioned yet. Everyone just mentions him for his psychotic "methods". As in, wanted to ruin the world for no reason. Not because he can, not for random personal gain. No motive. At all.

There's a lot I can't think of at this moment, also. I know there are. x.x

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Dr. Weil may be unable to trump Ultimate Supreme Executive Chairman Drek in terms of motives, but he certainly trumps Majora, Dimentio, and Joshua.

Why?

He succeeded.

And by succeeded, I mean he created the Dark Elf, and caused the Elf Wars, which wiped out 60% of human population, 90% of reploid population. Then, after being fired off into space, he came back and ruined the already destroyed world even more, to the point where all surviving humans are kept under his iron fist, with any escapees being found and killed. When some escapees found what may possibly the last environmetally healthy place left, Weil spent a lot of time and effort trying to destroy it, eventually deciding to destroy it with a giant laser satellite that also ended up destroying Neo Arcadia, the place he ruled and where all the remaining humans were.

Not only that, but he directly causes the deaths of X and Zero, and later returns to screw the world again in the form of Model W, which is his encapsulated soul. That's right, his soul is so evil that it causes two straight catastrophes after his death, while at the same time corrupting one (maybe two) world leaders.

His reason for all of this? If anyone doesn't follow him, they deserve to die.

Let's just sum this guy up in his own words: I AM THE DEVIL.

Firebrand

Indomitable
I do think sephiroth is evil, but I can not respect him. This is becaue quite simply he could not accomplish what an evil clown could. Where sephiroth failed, Kefka succeed. He took sick pleause in ruining peoples lives, destroying towns because he could, and crushing dreams because he felt like it. It was an amazing feeling kicking the crap out of him and his tree of creepiness.

Ultimate Supreme Executive Chairman Drek from Ratchet & Clank

To summarise, he wanted to destroy every planet in the universe for the sole purpose of financial gain.

This. Him or

Tohru Adachi, who murdered people with the express intent of allowing the world to be filled with deadly monsters in the form of the Shadows. Translation: He wants to kill everyone.

This doesn't sound like much, but here's the thing that clinches him as one of the most evil video game characters: he did it FOR FUN. Whew! asshole.

Lucos

Saren from Mass Effect. He's pretty evil in the game, but if you read the book, which is a prequel to the game, you'll discover how evil Saren really is. He's basically a reincarnation of Hitler if you look at his personality, goals and motives. No other game villain is THAT evil!

PS: Sephiroth is highly overrated!

Last edited:

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
You're right none are as evil as Kefka. But Sephiroth's WORSE.

Sephiroth caused more pain than Kefka. He succeeded more than him. He wiped out over 1/4 of all life and over 1/4 of all worth living for, and tortured all he got his hands on for ETERNITY, and drove billions of people insane and emo, causing total turmoil and injury. And the second time he came back he did the same to over HALF!

And yes, Hojo caused it, and Sephiroth misunderstood, but he showed his true wrath, hate, anger, evil, malice, pain, and torture in his actions after he misunderstood. If he weren't so evil, he would have just become a sort of diplomat or left SOLDIER and gone rogue to never be seen again.

And even after Sephiroth died and learned the truth, he was still wrathful instead of sorry. And he did much worse the second time he struck. Has Kefka ever come back from the dead to add on to his previous work? NO.

Sephiroth wanted to cause eternal pain that was infinitely worse than death, and succeeded in his goal even more than Kefka, and he didn't even do it for fun, he just CRAVED, was ADDICTED to, NEEDED TO HAVE THE WORLD SUFFER A FATE WORSE THAN DEATH! AND SUCCEEDED SO FAR, ONLY ABOUT A BILLION PEOPLE DIDN'T!!! Plus, he wasn't insane, he KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING!

Last edited:
Majora, the spirit of the mask in Zelda: Majora's Mask
Mephiles the Dark of Sonic the Hedgehog infamy
Ganondorf
Dormin from Shadow of the Collosus
Tom Nook

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
You're right none are as evil as Kefka. But Sephiroth's WORSE.

Sephiroth caused more pain than Kefka. He succeeded more than him. He wiped out over 1/4 of all life and over 1/4 of all worth living for, and tortured all he got his hands on for ETERNITY, and drove billions of people insane and emo, causing total turmoil and injury. And the second time he came back he did the same to over HALF!

And yes, Hojo caused it, and Sephiroth misunderstood, but he showed his true wrath, hate, anger, evil, malice, pain, and torture in his actions after he misunderstood. If he weren't so evil, he would have just become a sort of diplomat or left SOLDIER and gone rogue to never be seen again.

And even after Sephiroth died and learned the truth, he was still wrathful instead of sorry. And he did much worse the second time he struck. Has Kefka ever come back from the dead to add on to his previous work? NO.

Sephiroth wanted to cause eternal pain that was infinitely worse than death, and succeeded in his goal even more than Kefka, and he didn't even do it for fun, he just CRAVED, was ADDICTED to, NEEDED TO HAVE THE WORLD SUFFER A FATE WORSE THAN DEATH! AND SUCCEEDED SO FAR, ONLY ABOUT A BILLION PEOPLE DIDN'T!!! Plus, he wasn't insane, he KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING!

So much is wrong with this post, it's not even funny.

Yanmegamaster

CreateDragon-BugType
Saren from Mass Effect. He's pretty evil in the game, but if you read the book, which is a prequel to the game, you'll discover how evil Saren really is. He's basically a reincarnation of Hitler if you look at his personality, goals and motives. No other game villain is THAT evil!

PS: Sephiroth is highly overrated!

Finally someone recognizes Sarens actual evil. Though i have not read the book I've played the game enough to know what he is like. But he is also being controlled by the Reaper (can't remember his name) which would make the reaper the real evil of saren.