• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Failed Moment in Competitive Battling

CharizardDestroys

Ya I got one, but it was for the other guy, he had an electrode for the first guy, I had a blastoise, so I had to switch him out otherwise I was gonna get destroyed. So I pull out my haunter and his electrode used explosion....after he fainted it said "It doesnt affect haunter....." So that was pretty funny, he ended up killing himself for nothing.

Casty

Numerous amount of times when I forgot to change Hidden Power's type in the Team Builder. Apart from that, not much ^_^

BGP_

well yesterday i was battling someone with a zoroark hidden as bronzong and it was using like nasty plot, flamethrower and dark pulse and crap, but i kept acting like it was no big deal, then i realized bronzong and flamethrower doesnt line up then remembered he had a zoroark lol, that and he was outspeeding rotom which was weird. Not paying attention and playing on the PS3 ftw. Probably not my worst momment, but it's a pretty good one

DragonSkull94

The Heartless Hero
My worst would have to be entering a battle with my Gyarados only having 3 moves. You see I had to delete Waterfall so I could PokeTransfer it, but I forgot to re-teach it Waterfall... it's most important move...

Another terrible moment was when a hacker was using an entire Wonder Guard team. He had his Mewtwo out and I had Smeargle. Mewtwo used Shadow Ball. Smeargle used Spore. lol

Another is when Hydreigon uses Giga Impact on your Scizor :/

MonkeyX

It was the first battle with my first UU team on PO, the opponents last pokemon was a snorlax so I go to send out my mostly special nidoking and when I sent it out I realized I only gave it 3 moves, the blank spot was supposed to be brick break. I only had special attackers left and the stupid thing beat me.

Universe Chaser

Trust me, I'm a cop.
I forget about Air Balloons just about every time I battle competitively. It wrecks me.

Aztec_Blaziken

Back to WiFi Battles
I forgot about mold breaker on Haxorus and sent out my rotom wash forme.
R.I.P. Rotom-W aka Housewife

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Using EQ on a balloon pokemon. Ugh...

mudkipinator

Living life
having my speed boost blaziken at +6 Atk miss hi-jump kick then get killed by a critical hit seed flare from scarf assist infernape.

sdfsdfj

use the force
It was a launcher battle. I had the battle won, my Ferrothorn had its opponent with barely any health and affected by leech seed. Leech seed would have killed it, so i decided to show my dominance and shift my Ferrothorn to the middle. So i did, for some reason, leech seed did not affect my foe. He then revived a hydreigon which killed me with flamethrower.

Haru Glory

Rave Master
A +6 Waterfall of my Gyarados on a Vaporeon with about 5% of health.
Water Absorb made it recover almost all the health :S