• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Favorite/Hated Mario Party Minigame(s)

Ms.Accord

♪How do I look?♪
What would be your most favorite/hated mario party minigames?
Personally I hated "The Beat goes on" in Mario Party 3. I really liked "Hotel Goomba" in Mario Party 5

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Sheesh, there's so many of these games with so many minigames that I lose track. Pulling up a list of minigames on Mario Wiki, here's the ones I actually remember that I have liked most:

Bumper Balls (MP1)
Face Lift (MP1)
Mushroom Mix-Up (MP1)
Shy Guy Says (MP1)
Bobsled Run (MP1)
Snowball Summit (MP3)
Aces High (MP3)
The Beat Goes On (MP3)
Bob-omb Breakers (MP4)
Booksquirm (MP4)
Mr. Blizzard's Brigade (MP4)
Three Throw (MP4)
Dungeon Duos (MP4)
Mario Mechs (MP5)
Lift Leapers (MP6)

But if I had to pick one, Booksquirm from MP4 is likely my series favorite.
Hated? Those joystick-rotation games from the original and any luck-based game that requires picking a rope at random and seeing whether you win or lose.

Yeah, I played the first six games. As evidenced by the tail end of my list, the novelty faded. Nowadays, I just think of how much farther those hundreds of dollars could have gotten me.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Favorite is the where you balance on balls and try to knock other people off from Mario Party 2, least favorite is the 1v3 one where one guy controls a spinning wheel and the other three have to try not to get knocked off of it.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I don't remember all of them, but my favorites are Booksquirm, A Day at the Race, Locked Out, Eye Sore, All Fired Up, and Platform Peril and my least favorite is probably the Tug o War one on the first one. You can never win against computers, no matter the distribution.

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
There's only so many that I hate. I'll just use some examples from Mario Party 8:

Grabby Gridiron. This game just sucks and isn't fun at all. Worst of all, it's the most common game that I ever land on for 2 on 2.
Picture Perfect. This just sucks.
Paint Misbehaving. It gets old after two seconds and it sucks that it's another common 2 on 2 game that I land on.
Flip the Chimp. Unresponsive controls. That's all you need to make this game frustrating and it succeeds in that.
Mario Matrix. Just point and click the lit up panels? Boooooooring.

As for the ones I liked.

Swing Kings. Repetitive but fun.
Kartastrophe. Who doesn't like this one?
Shake it up. Hehehe.
Swerving Skies. You get to shoot down 3 people. Awesome.
Wing and a Scare. Tilt your plane to go through walls. Fun.
Rowed to Victory. I just love this. It's fun.

That's it, I guess.

Lazlo

Is Billy Corgan
I can barely remember Mario Party, very early days for me. But i'd have to say my favorite was jumping over the fire jumprope, and my least favorite would be Platform Peril.

Oh geeze, wax nostalgic.

Ms.Accord

♪How do I look?♪
I remembered a few more I hated, that limbo one in MP1, Shy Guy Says from MP 1 & 2(God he was so tricky), And the Rope cutting minigame in MP8, god I hated that.

I really liked Bob-omb Breakers from MP4, Parasol Plummet was also fun from MP3.

Peter Quill

star-lord
I loved the minigame in either Mario party 1 or 2, where Toad would raise a flag and you had to race to the mushroom that corresponded to that colour. I had lot's of times racing through friends to get there.

I loved the one with the rope cutting with Mario Party 8, and the hot potato style bomb throwing one with eight people in Mario Party 7. Also I liked Hotel Goomba.

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
I liked they Pushy Penguins (not sure about title) game in Mario Party 5. It was fun.

I have others but I don't remember the names of them.

woot21

super noob
I loathe any one on the N64 that involved rotating the control stick repeatedly.
Agreed. Especially Tug o' War.

Favorites, I'd have to say Slot Car Derby, Bumper Balls, the one in the desert that was a 2 vs 2 game with Thowps that blocked your path, the skateboarding one, Cash n' Bash, Bombs Away, Grab Bag, Face Lift, Crazy Cutter, Balloon Burst, Bombsketball, Bobsled Run, Handcar Havoc, and that's it. All from the first game. After that the fun wore off, and nostalgia never set in.

woot21 out dawgs

Tom Nook

Feel free to browse
The trouble with the minigames is that many of them are repeats from previous series, simply dressed up with a different scenario. There are a few gems in there though, as well as several nightmares.

I hated Slot Car Derby. Don't know what is was but the controls just seemed off to me and it wasn't very interesting at all. Most of the N64 ones were good otherwise, including but not limited too: Bumper Balls, Bombs Away!, Face Lift, Hexagon Havoc(?), Platform Peril and Crazy Cutter.

Mario Party 4 was mostly good for it's team games. I liked Tree Stomp, Hop Or Pop, Goooooooal!! and Blame it on the Crane for 1 vs 3, and enjoyed Cliffhangers, Team Treasure Trek, Order Up and Dungeon Duos for 2 vs 2. I hated Right Oar Left? with a passion and still have it turned off in custom mode.

I can't recall any real standouts of series 5 through 8, but I always hated the pure luck Battle mini games. So very annoying >_>

Now that I think about it, how long has it been since number 8 was realeased? Is the series finished?

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I loathe any one on the N64 that involved rotating the control stick repeatedly.

No favorites really stand out.

Oh yeah, those ones suck too. Especially the one where you have to light up that light bulb to kill the Boo.

woot21

super noob
Oh yeah, those ones suck too. Especially the one where you have to light up that light bulb to kill the Boo.
Oh god I remember that one. Took my friend and I about a week, spread out over a month, to beat on the 1P map. We had blisters from it for about a month. Doesn't help that the Boo didn't die that easily.

woot21 out dawgs

Night Shadow

BRRAAP BRRAAP
My most memrable mini-game was the first one I ever did in MP 4. It's the one were your on this book and the pages fall and you have to go underneath the shapes that have the holes under them.

Emo_Kirlia

My friend has the Wii version. I personaly think all of the games are boring as hell.
My friend has a Gamecube version. Forgot which one it was but it had Jump the Gun, Some Paratrooping thing, Gondala Glide, Some weird Cleaning a house game, and a sliding down a slide without hitting turtle shells game. That was my favirote game.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
My friend has the Wii version. I personaly think all of the games are boring as hell.
My friend has a Gamecube version. Forgot which one it was but it had Jump the Gun, Some Paratrooping thing, Gondala Glide, Some weird Cleaning a house game, and a sliding down a slide without hitting turtle shells game. That was my favirote game.

I think you're referring to Mario Party 5. My copy got scratched, so I don't really have any favorites that I can remember from it.