• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Forgettable Companions

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Had a discussion about this one of the other threads - who do you think are some of the most forgettable companions?

Obviously the more controversial ones like Misty, Max, Serena, Iris and Lillie are not easy to forget at all. Best girl Dawn is too good of a character to forget. I feel Lana is lowkey the breakout star of SM so I wouldn't count her as forgettable either. Clemont and Kiawe are both male companions done right and I hardly think of them as forgettable. Brock is an original companion and we all know how much everyone loves Brock.

So here's my list of the most forgettable companions.

1. Tracey - seriously, I'm an OS fan and I even forget about him. I like Tracey but he wasn't needed.

2. Sophocles - compared to his SM counterparts, Sophocles is not very memorable.

3. Mallow - I had hopes for Mallow in the beginning of SM but they didn't do much with her and I think she's overall the more forgettable poke girl.

4. Cilan - Well, I like Cilan but compared to Kiawe, Clemont and Brock..I don't think of him.

5. May - I'm a May fan and it's not really a secret but when I think of the poke girls, May is one of the last ones to pop into my head and especially when I think of coordinators because my mind always goes to Dawn since Dawn and May have a lot of things in common, but Dawn's character and storyline were written a lot better.

Over all, it's definitely Tracey and Sophocles hands down. People probably discuss them the least and I'm not saying being 'forgettable' is necessarily a bad thing because at least people are constantly bashing them like Iris.

Last edited:

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Sophocles: He's geeky like Clemont but without the invention gag and looks less competent than him too battle-wise.
Mallow: She's too normal imo. She doesn't even need Pokemons to improve her cooking skills, and Tsareena's pretty much like her food server.

VoltTacklingPika

Actually, I forget about Dawn more than I forget about May. Probably because I was catching up with AG while DP was airing and didn't start paying much attention to it until the latter parts. And to this day, I re-watch more of AG than I do DP.

Anyway, the easy answer to this thread is Tracey, if only because he wasn't around all that long.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
It's hard for me to count SM characters as forgettable since it's still going on. I'll have to wait a few years and see how I view them.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Best girl Dawn could never be forgettable to me.

For me it’s Sophocles, Mallow, Tracey, Max, and Bonnie. Nobody talks about them and they also rarely do anything of importance (Bonnie being the exception). 2013/14 Serena has them beat though; I don’t think I’ve ever seen a character get so ignored by both the show and its fanbase.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
What about Todd/Snap? He traveled with the original group for a few episodes twice and he wasn’t that interesting. Apart from proving Ash and friends of being innocent after Butch and Cassidy framed them for trying to kidnap Pokémon that they themselves had already stolen, he did nothing important or even noteworthy. In Johto, Todd traveling with the gang was a total joke because until they met Articuno, he literally contributed nothing to the episodes and if you took him out of the story arc, nothing would change.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
What about Todd/Snap? He traveled with the original group for a few episodes twice and he wasn’t that interesting. Apart from proving Ash and friends of being innocent after Butch and Cassidy framed them for trying to kidnap Pokémon that they themselves had already stolen, he did nothing important or even noteworthy. In Johto, Todd traveling with the gang was a total joke because until they met Articuno, he literally contributed nothing to the episodes and if you took him out of the story arc, nothing would change.

I think the only reason I don’t forget about him so easily because I was big fan of the Snap games.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I literally forgot he existed until I read this post, so yes, add him. LOL

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Does this mean companions we would like to forget?

I don't really see any of the permanent regional companions as forgettable. Maybe the occasional guest star party member like Lyra was.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I remember Tracey pretty well from the 90s as an artist with a Scyther and Pikablu to be honest. Now I remember him for that controversy where the producers realized no one cared about Brock's eyes which I'm not gonna lie, hearing that as the main reason for Tracey's appearance is pretty funny. As for who is most forgettable, honestly I can't really say any of them are forgettable, they all had their fun and charming moments, even Max had some even though he's annoying. If I had to choose a forgettable companion, one I had to literally look up, it'd probably have to be Ritchie which is weird to be honest because I remember the Lugia three-parter but I don't actually remember Ritche lol that much. Definitely Ritchie as short of a companion he is.

Last edited:

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Tracey, Brock, and May.

I bring these three up because they don't really stand out in any way. Brock is beloved because he doesn't stand out. May is the most forgettable of the female protagonists because she doesn't have some notable trait to her person.

Misty - first girl, abusive, good banter with Ash
Dawn - probably the best chemistry with Ash
Iris - obnoxious
Serena - obsessive crush

It's hard to forget Mallow, Lana, Lillie and Sophocles because they're so visually distinct. They also went through different character arcs that make it easier to remember their interests. How does May stand apart visually? When I first saw her, I thought she was Misty wearing a wig.

I like Tracey but he is quiet and doesn't have any quirky personality traits or habits. So it's easy to forget him and Orange as a whole.

Sham

The Guardian of War
May and Tracey that’s about it. It’s funny how I remember Max more than I did May and he wasn’t even in the original games canon. Let’s hope Gou doesn’t appear in this thread three years later.