• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most forgettable gym leader/elite four member

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
For me, it's mostly all of the Sinnoh gym leaders. The dullest being (probably) Byron.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
So we're trying to remember what we forgot? This is confusing.

Well, despite their simplicity, the gyms from the first two generations are very memorable but that's mostly due to the lack of competition their exists now along with the cartoon. Due the simplicity of the first two gyms of each region, I'm giving them a pass. Mauville Gym, though Petalburd was too simple, Mauville was trying to be creative and just failed as the puzzle was incredibly simple and the battle not all that memorable.

People, the entire generation 3 and 4 elite four, they were just so lacklustre as their teams lacked creativity.

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Sydney is a punk, I couldn't possibly forget about him. Although IMO they should have given him a leather jacket and bluejeans, but maybe that's stereotyping a little bit TOO much.

I'd say the entire Sinnoh E4 was the most forgettable for me, mostly because I hardly even remember who they were. I remember one was some crazy dude with an afro named Flint, but other than that I'm at a loss. Same with most of the gym leaders.

P0KEM0N

Gym: Bugsy
E4: Aaron, Lucian

ebevan91

Sydney is a punk, I couldn't possibly forget about him. Although IMO they should have given him a leather jacket and bluejeans, but maybe that's stereotyping a little bit TOO much.

I'd say the entire Sinnoh E4 was the most forgettable for me, mostly because I hardly even remember who they were. I remember one was some crazy dude with an afro named Flint, but other than that I'm at a loss. Same with most of the gym leaders.

I don't even remember what type Sydney was lol.

Dodrio Can't Flap

Crackers & Snacks
That would've been incredible. Way better for a Dark type master than whatever Karen's supposed to be.

And yeah, I do agree that the majority of the Sinnoh Elite Four were awfully forgettable. Then again I'm never one to really remember the Elite Four's members, they usually don't have any sort of development.

Oh, and as for gym leaders, Brawly. Just Brawly.

Last edited:

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member
I'm kinda surprised Phoebe's forgettable. She's a ghost type user who looks like a water type user :x Since I never beat the Hoenn games, the dragon type user of the Elite Four is forgettable to me. At least, I think he uses dragon types. My most forgettable gym leader would be Cheren, but I fight gym leaders a lot in the PWT, so its hard for me to have a forgettable gym leader.

blackarcanine123

For me it would be the twins in the Hoenn games even though they are the only double battle gym leaders. I cant remember ever fighting them even though i have completed the game several times.

Cloud_Arcanine

Scarlett starlett
Skyla's pretty forgettable. By the time I reached her gym I've always had a fully evolved electric type so her gym was just formality. Marlon is forgettable as the gym leader himself, but I love his gym layout and the music so he's redeemed himself in that respect.

As for Elite four, again the Unova lot. I love the aesthetics of the rooms but the people themselves I couldn't name without a google search. Never played the Hoenn games so can't comment on those.

xXCobalionXx

Cobalion. Yeah.
The most forgettable to me was that one ice-type user in Hoenn. The funniest part is that I had Ruby and Sapphire, but I remember Juan (Who was the Emerald version, I believe), but constantly forget Wallace. No, not wallace...the E4 member...GAH! I'm being honest, I really can't remember...I'll go check now...

Buuz

Smash Trainer
The most forgettable to me was that one ice-type user in Hoenn. The funniest part is that I had Ruby and Sapphire, but I remember Juan (Who was the Emerald version, I believe), but constantly forget Wallace. No, not wallace...the E4 member...GAH! I'm being honest, I really can't remember...I'll go check now...

Glacia, right?

As for me.. There's plenty of Gym Leaders that are forgettable to me, but as for the E4 members i'd say Agatha.

Ace Trainer Alex

wants to fight!
Crasher Wake. I don't even remember my fight with him. (Granted it was a couple years ago, but still).

PKMN TRAINER Oliver

ポケットモンスタ一
I'd have to say that the most forgettable E4 would have to be Agatha in my opinion. In terms of GL's, probably would have to be Chili or Pod, not Cilan though, everybody knows Cilan from the Anime.

Chassidy

Just about everyone in Hoenn except for Steven and Wallace. If any game needed a remake, it was the Hoenn series(unless there is one in development and I haven't heard about it).

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Everybody from Hoenn, except the Champs and Norman or Norbert or whatever he was called. I can only remember the latter because he's the PC's father. -_-

Seriously Hoenn, Y U NO REMAKE?!?!

Nah, I'd rather have XY than Hoenn Remakes.

Sprinter1988

Any Gym Leader or Elite Four member who uses two of the same pokemon is pretty lame in my book. Glacia's probably the worst one for this because she has two Glalie, two Sealeo and then, wait for it, a Walrein. Just because its evolved doesn't mean you look better. Agatha is another offender. Two Gengar and a Haunter? Make an effort!
Misty only really gets away with having Staryu and Starmie because she was in the anime and Starmie gets psychic as a second type, but still out of all the water pokemon she had to chose from in generation one, she goes for those two. One or the other would have been fine.

Also any gym leader who uses pokemon mostly not of their region. Like Bugsy. Scyther was cool, but then Metapod and Kakuna when you had Heracross, Ledian or Pineco available? Poor show, especially when the two cocoons should have been Butterfree and Beedrill by then.

Wattson's Ruby and Sapphire team was pretty poor too. Voltorb, Magnemite and Magneton when Electrike, Plusle and Minun had just been introduced... yeah...