• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Frustrating Moments in Pokemon

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
We've all had these upsetting moments in the pokémon series whether its losing a very close battle in the game due to being hax'd or to some questionable actions that Ash has done in the anime. So I'll ask you, what is your most frustrating/irritating/upsetting moment in pokémon?

The Master Chief

Frustrating:
Going to places in-game and forgetting to prepare properly whether it's buying poke-balls, potions, status healing items, repels, etc
Losing a game due to hax

Irritating:
Team rocket's theme song. Do they seriously have to say it that much

Upsetting:
Umm nothing really

Wishmaker Latias

All Bridges Burned, All Lessons Learned
Frustrating:The guy in pewter city who does not let you pass.(I had a pikachu in yellow and bubasaur is in cerulean.I had to get both nidos and level grind).
Irritating:All of the villainous team grunt battles.(Seriously they don't offer much resistance. I think the bosses just hire them to buy time).
Upsetting: Getting my chain of pineco to 30 and then realizing that I forgot my quagsire with damp.

The most frustrating/irritating/upsetting moment I ever had was when I encountered a shiny Graveler in Pearl, I was weakening it to catch it and it used selfdestruct.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
The most frustrating/irritating/upsetting moment I ever had was when I encountered a shiny Graveler in Pearl, I was weakening it to catch it and it used selfdestruct.

This happened to me too, except with a Geodude in Diamond. I also lost a shiny Camerupt and Timburr due to misclicks.

Another frustrating moment of mine was in the Battle Subway, when Blizzard froze both of my Pokemon on the same turn and caused me to lose my 77th Super Doubles match. Also, going through the foggy routes in DPP is a pain in the butt. I think I had Thunder Fang miss eight times in a row once. DX

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Probably going to the PWT and getting outsped by every single Poke ever. I'm assuming they all have +Speed natures.
Still annoying as hell.

Goggled Petilil

likes maids
Frustrating:
Getting hit by a critical hit in B2W2. Seriously, they appear way too often in B2W2, and I'm always the one getting hit by them...
Losing in the last round at the PWT.

Irritating:
Taking forever to catch a normal Pokemon.
Going through all the tutorials.

Upsetting:
I don't really know.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Frustrating: Realizing how much of an idiot I was when I was eight. Forgetting to prepare properly, not saving then having batteries die.
Irritating: Catching legends, getting haxed 5 battles in a row,
Upsetting: Losing to a completely incompetent person because they haxed me on Turn 1.

AnakBaé

Got trampled by rival over and over again @Route 110 in RSE during my 1st and 2nd play.
Good lord! it was probably the hardest rival battle ever in that game.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
The one that comes to mind is when I was battling Wattson. I had my last Pokemon, Grovyle, against Wattsons' last Pokemon being Magnemite. I lost with a mere 1 ****ing HP left. >:c If only paralyzed status hadn't kicked in that one time :c

Reshian1000

Master of flames
Frustrating: Having forgotten to remove HM from pokemon I was going to transfer through PokeTransfer lab and then after removing the HM's frogetting to put them back in the PC.
Irritating: Having gotten 6 Vulpixes from the Dream World with terrible natures also all the pokemon I had to play really annoying minigames just to have enough points...
Upsetting: The only two shinies I've encountered (in Diamond) I never catched. One of them was a Ponyta which I didn't want to capture because I didn't like having multiple of the same pokemon and a OCD I had of not capturing any female pokemon, and the other was a Gravler which used Self...(you know what comes next). I was 7 years old at this time as well.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Those are a lot so far...
Frustrating: Losing battles due to hax or crits
irritating: People complaining every time a new gen is announced and the games are not released yet
Upsetting: ???

AnyRandomName

Paper thin defenses
Frustrating: Lance spamming Outrage
Irritating: People bragging about their pokemon finally able to beat WILD pokemon in EARLY routes.
Upsetting: Whitney & Clair

Scolipedeluv

Squad member Ricchan
Frustrating: Being defeated because of Critical hits
Metang seeming having a lower catch rate than any given legendary
The FRLG Elite 4
Irritating: mom spending my money
How much HGSS requires you to grind
Upsetting: A shiny Seaking ran
The endings to the first 2 Mystery Dungeon games

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Frustrating:The guy in pewter city who does not let you pass.

You mean Gandalf? XD

Most frustrating thing: "Can't escape!" Especially if your Pokemon faints while attempting to run away.
Irritating: Those breeders in Black 2/White 2 who stop you when you're trying to quickly bike through a route and challenge you to a battle (especially the ones on Routes 4 and 11). I always have to remember how to avoid their line of sight whenever coming near them...
Upsetting: Trying to weaken a Pokemon you're trying to catch, only to KO it with a critical hit. Also: Using False Swipe to lower said Pokemon's HP to 1, only to have it use Take Down and KO itself.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

the most frustrating thing to me is ultra balls that dont work

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
the most frustrating thing to me is ultra balls that dont work

Yes, I get that a lot - for som reason, Great Balls - and occasionally even pokeballs(!) work better at catching legendaries than ultra balls too. Ultra balls are fine against all other Pokemon, but used in succession they seem to work terribly against legendaries - usually not even one roll! I've caught quite a few legendaries in balls that aren't ultra balls because of this.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I only have 1 thing that is upsetting: Charizard having 2 mega evolutions. I don't care about Mega Charizard Y, but I do not like Mega Charizard X. Also, I hope for the other starters to get megs but Im beginning to doubt it now...