• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Graphically Beautiful Games

rynogt4

Your Worst Nightmare
List your favorite games based on graphics from the PS2/GCN/XBox era here. As for me:

1) Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)
2) Ridge Racer V (PS2)
3) Sonic Heroes (GCN)
4) Test Drive: Eve of Destruction (PS2)
5) Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (PS2)
6) NASCAR Dirt to Daytona (GCN)
7) Kingdom Hearts II (PS2)

Komedic Konservationist

N00b in the dungeon!
Do you mean best technical quality or best design? If you mean technical quality, then Gears of War. If you mean design, then Skies of Arcadia. Those floating continents were absolutely beautiful.

D-Boi

Bitter Twist
The whole Burnout series for PS2/PS3/Xbox/Xbox360/Gamecube. The accidents is just amazing. Nobody can beat me at Road Rage. >:p

Def Jam: Fight For NY & Def Jam: Icon look great too. NBA Street V3 and NBA Street: Homecourt look absolutely awsome.

-Ducketz

Mewtoo

SPPF's Castlevanic
LoZ:Twilight Princess
LoZ:Wind Waker
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (If you count rereleases)
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Kingom Hearts II
Hehe, how could I forget about MP1/2? It's got very nice graphics.

And Final Fantasy XIII/Versus looks excellent in the graphics department.

Last edited:
Ico and Shadow of Colossus.

Games can look great, but most of the time they don't look beautiful.

Cenodoxus

SMILE.LIKEYOUMEANIT
Do you mean pretty graphics or visual mastery?

If you mean the former, then all those shiny games coming out for the PS3, such as Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

If you mean the latter, I will kindly direct you to ICO, Okami, Shadow of the Colossus and Vagrant Story.

rynogt4

Your Worst Nightmare
Do you mean pretty graphics or visual mastery?

If you mean the former, then all those shiny games coming out for the PS3, such as Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

If you mean the latter, I will kindly direct you to ICO, Okami, Shadow of the Colossus and Vagrant Story.

The latter. And from the PS2/GCN/Xbox era.

Ultimate Spider-man

That's completely contridictary. You want us to list games that didn't just have shiny nice graphics, but games that were infact beautiful, which I'd agree, very few games fall under that category besides Ico, Okami, Jet Set Radio, etc. But you yourself listed games like Gran Turismo and Ridge Racer, that I wouldn't even consider to have particular great graphics, let alone be considered visually mastery.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
Okami. I don't think I've ever played a better looking game.

Cruxis

Banned
Zelda: Wind Waker.
I have never seen such a hugely-designed cell shaded game. It must have taken a lot of effort to make, but came out looking brilliant.
That's for graphics design though. For quality of graphics, I'd definetly say Metroid Prime, God Of War, and Zelda Twilight Princess.

Seiryu

Resident dragon
ICO (wish I could play it, but it looks absolutely stunning), Shadow of the Colossus, and Okami for me.

Mikau

Better then you
I have a few to list

Monster Hunter-When I first played this game my jaw dropped from the nice design of the worlds(I really love the jungle level)

Metroid Prime-This was one of my first GCN games. The graphics were amazing and the gameplay was sweet too.

Shenmue-The first game I ever owned for Dreamcast. The graphics were stunning back then. Plus the storyline was good too.