• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Graphically Beautiful Games

Voltrex

ThePikachuWooperTeam
Call of Duty 3 for the 360

Setsuzoku

Swagger Spammer
Pretty sure someone has said this, buuuut....

Okami was gorgeous, the artwork for Jade Cocoon was astounding, even if the game wasn't, and the graphic style of .hack//G.U. was flawless.

Sonozaki Maya

realized seraph
Okami is absolutely beautiful. That is all I can say about Okami.

Most of the old school games were also pretty damn nice, but the topic creator only wanted games from PS2/GCN/XBox. :S Which is... stupid. In a sense.

Ultimate Spider-man

I think someone else mentioned this, but I feel it needs to be said again. Zelda: The Windwaker is one of the most beautiful games ever. Say what you will about Twilight Princess, but style beats realism any day. I'm an animator, and I recently showed the Windwaker off at a presentation, as a shining example of how, even a completely mute character can display almost any emotion. Alright, so the game was far too short and ridiculously easy, but it was a helluva lot of fun and just stunning to play through.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h203/WinterSnowblind/Linkscopy.jpg
Very few other characters, gaming or otherwise have come close to Links expressions

And altough you said not to include any next gen games, I still feel Eternal Sonata is worth mentioning. Beauty is beauty. Better graphics isn't going to stop an ugly game looking ugly. And altough I have very little interest in playing through another JRPG (especially a Namco one), the art stle of Eternal Sonata is pretty mind blowing.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h203/WinterSnowblind/eternal-sonata--20070314011237390.jpg

Baten Kaitos and Baten Kaitos Origins and WindWaker hit the top of my list. KH2 is just up there causa all the diffrent Styles

Catalyst

Aim for the Top.
I can't stress enough how great Ico and Shadow of the Colossus look.

<..::BioHazard-002::..>

WRAGGLEPHAGGLE!!!!!!
I don't understand what is up with all of you and Shadow of the Colossus... I DO love the game and its spectacular ending, but the graphics were just plain vomit. The artists favourite colour was brown with touches of green. A majority of the areas, while presenting a great feel of icolation, were fields of vast nothing. Sure, having a long draw distance is great, but only when there is something that catches your eye... Not to mention the poor framerate which can't even support itself.

Well, appart from all of the above, this game is fantastic!

Now, to resume to the topic. I understand some people might be getting sick of me going on about Conker, Conker Conker... But Live and Reloaded for Xbox is beautiful!!! So is Resident Evil 4, Gears of War, Okami, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime and 2: Echoes, Super Mario Sunshine, Metal Gear Solid 3, Jet Set Radio, Shenmue and 2, Soul Calibur (the original for DC, especially when connected with a VGA cord), and WII SPORTS, lol...

1168996083069eo4.jpg

Overusing bloom by the way does not equal beautiful.

still looks nice. Reminds me of an auttum day. :\

My list (does not go in any order)
Super Smash Bros Brawl
FF Advent Children
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
Kingdom hearts II
Zelda Twilght Princess

Moonlight.

1168996083069eo4.jpg

Overusing bloom by the way does not equal beautiful.
I liked the effect it created, but I admit that I wouldn't be able to live with it throughout the entire game.

I thought Wind Waker looked amazing, for reasons already mentioned by others in this thread.

Paper Mario looks great at parts, so does Twilight Princess. Tales of Symphonia has style but sloppy animation in cutscenes.

Okami looks brilliant from screenshots and videos, but my opinion could change upon playing it.

TygerFlash

OVER 9000
Wind Waker I guess...
PES graphics look okay...
Need for speed graphics aren't too shabby either.
As much as I love the Medal of Honor series, I have to say that European Assault was probably the only one with great graphics. IMO, as later games, ther latest one, Vanguard should have great graphics. Probably Airbourne too.(When it comes out.)
From videos I've seen, I'd have to say that the COD graphics look fantastic.
MEh...don't know much more...maybe Super Mario Strikers.
But I'd say PBR should have cool graphics...

Prime Wolf

I got a Wii!
Okami. Its graphics are simple but amazing.