• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Hardest Final Dungeon and Antagonist in all PMD Story Modes?

Quilava42

Blazing Flowers
The Hardest Final Dungeon and Antagonist in all PMD Story Modes?

Like the title suggests, what's the hardest dungeon and antagonist you faced in PMD, as in like fighting Dialga in Temporal Tower and Rayquaza in Sky Tower, or Kyurem in the new 3DS Mystery Dungeon game. Because everyone at least struggled to beat that obstacle(s) in PMD.

For me, Dialga was extremely hard. I faced Temporal Tower and had no problem with each Pokemon except Dialga. Its Roar of Time was hard to escape except if you use Smokescreen, Detect, or Protect and have a lot of Reviver Seeds and Oran Berries. It took like a long while to beat that.

But in Sky Tower, Rayquaza was no trouble, but on the way to battling him, Aerodactyl kept annoying me with its unbelievable damage, I mean, its Bite attack can take 60% of a Pokemon's HP or Wing Attack which can almost kill a Pokemon. Because of that, I had to redo that dungeon at least twenty times.

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Okay... So the REAL Fianl Dungeons (Murky Cave, Dark Crater, WorldCore) don't count?

Eh, Dialga was tough... But easier than Rayquaza in some ways.

Rayquaza took nigh-no damage, while Dialga did too much damage.

Probably Dialga, as Temporal Spire's Porygon-Z were horrid.

Haven't touched on GTI though.

If Final Dungeons (the ones I posted above) count, then Murky Cave above all. Gengar dies with EVERYTHING.

Rakurai

Explorers had the most difficult final dungeons and final boss by far, and were the only ones I actually had to retry once or twice. It was honestly kind of cheap that Dialga's Roar of Time was extremely likely to be a OHKO on both you and your partner if you weren't of a high level.

I was kind of disappointed by the fact that Kyurem was actually easier then all of the bosses before him in the finale, due to how little HP he has and his typing making him get wrecked by Tepig's Head Smash or Axew in general.

Rayquaza wasn't much better, though, since being able to bring a full team of four made things much easier.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
For me it was Sky Tower in PMD 1 and Temporal Tower in PMD 2. I remember how tedious it was to climb Sky Tower and then to have to beat Rayquaza just added insult to injury imo. Oh how I struggled against it. Temporal Tower was also a nightmare and I actually had to ask my cousin for help because I got stuck and I didn't think I could face Dialga on my own.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Freakin' hated Temporal Tower and Dialga in Darkness, if only because I was under-leveled/unprepared the whole time, so it didn't help. I thought Darkrai would be the hardest boss for me, but though I battled him a little bit longer than the other bosses, I got through it the first time. After spamming Double Team the whole time, he mostly just stood there watching. It was kinda creepy.

diakyu

For me it's Sky Tower and Primal Dialga. I was not ready for Dialga and he promptly wiped the floor with me.

hawkmbl

Curious
Kyurem from PMD GTI. Even with SIXTEEN reviver seeds, he OHKO'd my level 40 snivy with fly, over and over again. I still beat him, but with only seven left. Dialga has always been a cakewalk for me and Rayquaza wasn't a problem either. (Though I've been sadly stuck on Fire field for years now..)

Chakra1412

Temporal Tower/Spire and Primal Dialga hands down for me. Being a Pikachu with a Mudkip as the partner was kinda a good combo for the dungeon, but those porygon destroyed mudkip unless I hit them first with discharge.

For the final boss, they threw in that "intimidation" thing making me not able to attack sometimes. It seriously threw me off. Especially when it happened to me and my partner in a repeated process while he would right after destroy us with roar of time. It took a few tried, but still struggled more than I did with RT or GTI

....and from what I hear I was under-leveled in GTI for the final dungeons yet had no problem running it whatsoever.

Sky tower was difficult, but Rayquaza wasn't near as tough as Dialga was. Kyurem was a big disappointment in battle wise to me. Not even close to getting in danger hp levels and no reviver seeds were needed.

Enjolras

Master of the House
Dialga wasn't very hard for me, it was getting to him that was hard. Not even Temporal Tower, it was the freaking Hidden Land. Squirtle kept dying to Tropius under sun. Ugh.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Sky tower in PMD1 was pretty hard, and so was Bittercold in GTI. But they're nothing compared to Darkrai in PMD2. I lost count on how many reviver seeds I've wasted

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Definitely the final dungeon AND boss of PMD Explorers of Darkness. Dialga is just overpowered and annoying, really loved to use his Roar of Time a lot and the dungeon was tough enough to get to and to finish.
-Nate the;448;

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Sky tower in PMD1 was pretty hard, and so was Bittercold in GTI. But they're nothing compared to Darkrai in PMD2. I lost count on how many reviver seeds I've wasted

Seriously this. If it is not you or your future mate (female/male) partner who dies to Darkrai, Cresselia herself is the one that keeps on killing you. Seriously Cresselia. She only makes Darkrai close to nigh impossible to defeat no thanks to double team spam.

Temporal Tower is a nightmare with all the weakness-less bronzors, sniping sol rocks, and agility spamming, discharge flooding porygons (and family). Hardest final boss goes to PMD Sky's Darkrai. They gave the guy Ominous Wind due to platinum move set changes. If it picks that move, you're pretty much done.

golduck#1

Dialga was somehwat easy for me. If it didn't use roar of time I would have sweet it in, but luckily it missed once giving me another turn to kill it. Sky tower is easily the worst, those Aerodactyls with ancient power are stupid. What idiot thinks that it would be smart for a monster house full of ancient power boosted aerodactyls!

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
In PMDs Blue and Sky, the hardest Dungeons and their respective bosses were Sky Tower and Temporal Tower, respectively. Rayquaza is almost impossible to beat unless you're a real pro, unlike Dialga who can be trolled with seeds and Dig, although Roar of Time is something I should be careful about. Not to mention the stupid monster houses.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Dialgia and Darkrai. I had to keep retrying multiple times before I finally beat them.

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
Kyurem from PMD GTI. Even with SIXTEEN reviver seeds, he OHKO'd my level 40 snivy with fly, over and over again. I still beat him, but with only seven left. Dialga has always been a cakewalk for me and Rayquaza wasn't a problem either. (Though I've been sadly stuck on Fire field for years now..)

I have a feeling you didn't go into GTI as a PMD Veteran. My team was level 37 and I KO'd Kyurem in... I think a grand total of 4 turns.

Granted, Kyurem wasn't the final boss.

3. The Bittercold. There wasn't even a dungeon leading up to him, just an extremely short one leading up to Kyurem and them right to the big bad. The fact that you could go right back in, and that the Bittercold doesn't heal between encounters, makes it, arguably, one of the easiest final bosses in video game history, sans scripted battles.

2. Rayquaza. This fight was hard as balls, but its flying type was easy to take advantage of if you prepared ahead of time. That, and the dungeon leading up to it wasn't excruciatingly difficult.

1. Primal Dialga. I almost always play through as a Ground or Fighting Pokemon, so Primal Dialga was never a massive problem itself. It takes me a few tries to beat, but is a bit easier than Rayquaza. What makes Primal Dialga number one is the dungeon leading up to it. While I never lost to Primal Dialga more than four or five times, I have spent hours getting my *** handed to me by the Temporal Tower, dying upwards of twenty times just trying to reach the big bad.

TheGreatGigInTheSky

The Jimmy Rustler
GTI: I can't say anything yet, as I haven't battled the Bittercold yet.

EOT/D/S: Primal Dialga, by far. In the rare cases where I actually made it to Temporal Pinnacle, Dialga would whoop my sorry little under leveled ***. In fact, I usually never even made it through Temporal Spire, and that boss was the reason I rage-quitted explorers of time and sold it much later (I currently regret that a lot, and I did this when I was a lot younger).

RRT/BRT: I'd have to say Rayquaza, because I did have to retry more than usual, but overall, much easier the Primal Dialga (probably because I was older when I did this battle). But, later on, I went back to recruit Rayquaza, and it ended up with it wiping the floor with my partner, and having a duel to the death with me after it had killed my partner. But I did recruit it on my first try, and it was immense help in getting to Ho-Oh much later.

Mew The Gato

I found both of the Dungeons fairly easy. However, I say that Sky Tower was harder, it having Aerodactyl, which would Confuse your Characters quite often, especially in Monster Houses.