• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most hated on Generation?

Most hated on Generation

• Kanto

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Johto

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 23 13.3%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 70 40.5%
  • Unova

Votes: 60 34.7%

• Total voters
I just want to know what you think is the most disliked Generation, NOT the one you hate. It could be one you really like but think that people in general don't like too much. So what do you think?

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
I notice a lot of people say the franchise went downhill with Gen IV. Personally, I enjoyed my time in the Sinnoh region. Call me crazy, (and don't hate me) but my least favorite is Hoenn, my favorites are Kanto and Unova.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Sinnoh.

Poor Sinnoh.

So many people fail to appreciate its beauty.

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
Unova you could not go anywhere with out hearing lines like "Ice cream Pokemon" "Trashbag Pokemon" "GameFreak's running out of ideas!". At least with 6 gen coming we won't have to hear it anymore...... Hopefully...

Then they'll say, "at least there's no ice cream pokemon or trash bag pokemon in this one" or "Gamefreak is seriously losing their touch, these pokemon are worse that Vanillite and Trubbish"

As it was mentioned elsewhere, people say that Gen V was totally uncreative, and this and that, but really, look at Grimer, Muk, Ditto, etc. They weren't what you would call creative either :)

Some people just want something to complain about I guess.

Hilda

Then they'll say, "at least there's no ice cream pokemon or trash bag pokemon in this one" or "Gamefreak is seriously losing their touch, these pokemon are worse that Vanillite and Trubbish"

As it was mentioned elsewhere, people say that Gen V was totally uncreative, and this and that, but really, look at Grimer, Muk, Ditto, etc. They weren't what you would call creative either :)

Some people just want something to complain about I guess.

Grimer, Muk, Ditto are all creative. So is Garbodor. But Vanniluxe is not really creative. The idea is nice, but the connotation it has takes it away.

Ditto B1tch

Sinnoh isn't the one I most hate, but my least favorite. Few fire types, two snowy routes, swamp areas and a huge hard-to-explore mountain.

Last edited:

Lost Lore

Diving Deep
From what I've seen, a lot of people tend to hate on Sinnoh... I can't fathom why, myself...

Unova is a close second.

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
I don't hate any of them, but I dislike most of the 4th gen pokemon. Sinnoh itself is great though

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Easily either Sinnoh or Unova is the most HATED. My least favorite is Hoenn (though having a least favorite pokemon region/generation is like having a least favorite piece of chocolate... it's still awesome!), and Sinnoh is my favorite.

Zachmac

Grimer, Muk, Ditto are all creative. So is Garbodor. But Vanniluxe is not really creative. The idea is nice, but the connotation it has takes it away.
You're right. No creativity here. An ice cream pokemon is such an unoriginal and commonly seen idea.

Ditto is creative for it's ability to copy foes. Garbodor is creative, since it's actually pretty original. Vanniluxe...is extremely original. I've seen trash monsters, but not once have I ever seen ice cream monsters, or have I of even dreamed about coming up with such a creature.

Grimer and Muk? Please. Sludge piles have got to be the oldest monsters in the book. Not saying I hate grimmer or muk, I like them much more then Garbodor, but Vanniluxe is a pretty unique idea.

Though of course, the most recent generation is always going to be the one "hated" the most. When a new region is formed, that's when people develop opinions on them, and that's when they're most easily persuaded by the genwunners "bandwagon". I almost was pulled into the anti-gen 5 bandwagon since I was a dumb kid, but really, I grew out of that, and I won't ever be sucked into a bandwagon that biased again. Sadly, a lot of people don't grow out of such things...

Last edited:

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Ditto is creative for it's ability to copy foes. Garbodor is creative, since it's actually pretty original. Vanniluxe...is extremely original. I've seen trash monsters, but not once have I ever seen ice cream monsters, or have I of even dreamed about coming up with such a creature.

Plus, it can learn EXPLOSION! Where else are you going to find and explosive, sentient ice cream cone?

ebevan91

3rd gen is hated on a lot.

I overheard some guys at college yesterday talking about which one was the best (apparently only Gens 1 and 2 exist according to them), and out of nowhere I blurted out "I like 3rd gen the best, the new ones aren't that great".

And one guy was like "DUDE 3RD GEN IS THE WORST, FIRST AND SECOND ARE THE BEST".

So I just said "Ok" and moved along.

Hilda

You're right. No creativity here. An ice cream pokemon is such an unoriginal and commonly seen idea.

Grimer and Muk? Please. Sludge piles have got to be the oldest monsters in the book. Not saying I hate grimmer or muk, I like them much more then Garbodor, but Vanniluxe is a pretty unique idea.

Though of course, the most recent generation is always going to be the one "hated" the most. When a new region is formed, that's when people develop opinions on them, and that's when they're most easily persuaded by the genwunners "bandwagon". I almost was pulled into the anti-gen 5 bandwagon since I was a dumb kid, but really, I grew out of that, and I won't ever be sucked into a bandwagon that biased again. Sadly, a lot of people don't grow out of such things...

Please don't make me define what connotation means here, why must every small criticism must be related to being a genwunner anyway? I am going to scream newgenner whenever someone criticises anything about the older stuff.

Last edited:

Zachmac

Please don't make me define what connotation means here, why must every small criticism must be related to being a genwunner anyway?
Did I ever call you a genwunner? That last paragraph wasn't targeted at you.

And from my understanding, connotation =/= creativity. They may influence each other from time to time, but they're different things non the less.