• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most hated on Generation?

Most hated on Generation

• Kanto

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Johto

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 23 13.3%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 70 40.5%
  • Unova

Votes: 60 34.7%

• Total voters

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Either Sinnoh or Unova, shame too since even though 4th gen's my least favorite and Unova has some flaws to it I think both are still great games.

Hilda

Did I ever call you a genwunner? That last paragraph wasn't targeted at you.

And from my understanding, connotation =/= creativity. They may influence each other from time to time, but they're different things non the less.

It means everything, it can ruin the creativity of a design. Putting goggly eyes on an edible substance is meh, might as well use bacon. you never had ice cream with faces on it, I had a bunch with bugs bunny faces. It is not that creative to be honest. Chandelier however, is pulled off very well.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
It means everything, it can ruin the creativity of a design. Putting goggly eyes on an edible substance is meh, might as well use bacon. you never had ice cream with faces on it, I had a bunch with bugs bunny faces. It is not that creative to be honest. Chandelier however, is pulled off very well.

I think ice cream was more of the motif, and it's basic design is that of a icicle. I do like how Vanilluxe has a straw in it. I don't know why, but I love that straw.

About your sig, you are saying there are 100 genwunners, 100 quadrillion people are accused of genwunners, and the number of people complaining about genwunners is a 100 sexdecillion?

Hilda

I think ice cream was more of the motif, and it's basic design is that of a icicle. I do like how Vanilluxe has a straw in it. I don't know why, but I love that straw.

About your sig, you are saying there are 100 genwunners, 100 quadrillion people are accused of genwunners, and the number of people complaining about genwunners is a 100 sexdecillion?

Yes, yes I am. I learned the best of exaggeration from my fellow serebii members.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Yes, yes I am. I learned the best of exaggeration from my fellow serebii members.
I heard of lying exponentially, but this is ridiculous.

Things I like about Vanilluxe.
-It's happy looking, but can get angry.
-It's Ice type.
-It reminds me of delicious deserts.
-It's design looks fun.
-It has a straw. Coolest straw ever!

lolzkidudz

Gen7!!!
R/S was the worst GF has released but Emerald kinda pulled them off from 6 feet down under.
Sinnoh ftw~

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
R/S was the worst GF has released but Emerald kinda pulled them off from 6 feet down under.
Sinnoh ftw~
R/S, the birthplace of the modern Pokemon mathematical system. Why is a slight change changing bad to good. That doesn't make sense to me.

zozo

SLIMED!
That's.... a really tough one.

Gen I comes into a good amount of hate, but it's also probably the most beloved by the fanbase. Besides, a lot of the hate seems to stem more from a reaction to overly vocal fans rather than from the generation itself.
Gen II.... I'd almost call that one 50-50. For every person you find who enjoys the Johto games, there's someone who dislikes them.
Gen III? Kind of the same deal as Johto, except the love and hate are both more intense.
Gen IV and specifically Sinnoh seems like a good candidate. There are people who really love it, but it seems you're more likely to run into people who didn't care about it or even hated it. However, it did manage to appease many of the people who hated Sinnoh with the Johto remakes.
As for Gen V, despite the huge fights about it I've seen on the internet, I think it's almost in the same category as Gen I. There's plenty of hate, but it's also beloved by a huge number of fans. It's pretty much become neo-Gen I. It's not the original, but it takes a lot of what made the original special while adding its own elements to it.

I guess in the end, I have to go with Gen IV. Which makes me rather sad because Gen IV is what really drew me deeply into Pokemon, but it seems to me that Sinnoh is the least liked of all the regions and also the one that is widely criticized without being defended. Make a negative remark about any other generation that you please, and you are very likely to get into a heated discussion of some sort. Gen IV? No one really seems to give a flying Grumpig.

Last edited:

*~Silver*~

I don't personally dislike any of the regions really, but Unova seems to be the one that receives all the hate. So...

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
It's pretty much become neo-Gen I. It's not the original, but it takes a lot of what made the original special while adding its own elements to it.

And thus, Game Freak's plan succeeded.

Lord_Kain

Just call me Kain
Id say Unova gets the most hate because they made a lot of....replacements for the old pokemon so they could only use the new ones.

I personally hate Sinnoh the most. if youre like me and only use pokemon that "belong" to the region youre playing, DPPt dont give you many choices, everythings a legendary or a new member of an old family.

Rakansen

ラルフ
Gen V is definitely the most hated. At first, when Black and White came out, some people actually changed their opinions and began respecting the new generation, but after X and Y were released, I've seen a ton of people going like, "Finally! A new generation! I'm tired of Gen V!"

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Unova. The designs aren't that great, I'll admit, but the actual games are pretty underrated.

~marioluigifan05

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
I'd have to say I see the most active hate for Sinnoh. and its not really the Pokemon as much as it is the gameplay. To quote Ted, "a level 43 Wormple!!!" Most people I know really hate Sinnoh.

I myself. I dislike Hoenn the most. I don't really find the games that...I dunno...they don't draw me in. And I don't really like the world. To much slow surfing. Sinnoh comes in at 2nd worst.

BurningWhiteKyurem

I find Hoenn to be hated on the most and it's ironic considering the detractors of Gen III now want a remake of the very Gen that they hated the most. Everyone I knew when RSE came out basically called Pokemon a shell of its former glory and instead jumped on the FireRed and LeafGreen bandwagon because it fulfilled their nostalgic wishes. In addition, people hated on Hoenn Pokemon's dex because it wasn't "creative." I gave Hoenn a chance and I found it to be the most amazing region, I mean let's be real, Johto was fun and had lots of new Pokemon but if you knew what you were doing, there wasn't really a challenge in terms of navigation and gym battles, and therefore the game suffered and got too linear very quickly (this is why it's a bit painful to replay HeartGold for me). Kanto was uninteresting and bland. Hoenn at least had interesting routes that forced you to often wonder if you were going the right or wrong way, not to mention it had sea routes which could very easily get you lost. Hoenn is easily the most fun place to navigate IMO. As for the Pokemon designs, I am a believer that every generation has great pokemon and I don't consider any to be proof that GF is running out of ideas or that Gen I was original.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Wouldn't say clustered, and it was only linear in B/W, not in B/W 2.

BW1's storyline path is pathetic. Every gym is one city apart, and it's pretty much a straight shot from Nuvema Town to the Pokemon League (with the sole exception of having to backtrack to Rt. 4 and go through Desert Resort and Relic Castle).

BW2 is not much of an improvement. The beginning is even shorter than BW1's, the gym distribution is still terrible (after having the first 6 gyms 1 city apart, the 7th is 4 cities away, and then the 8th requires you to backtrack a few cities and travel through Marine Tube), and is still predominantly linear.

Both games have long stretches of gym after gym with very little exploration, that is why they are so linear and clustered.

Last edited: