• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most hated on Generation?

Most hated on Generation

• Kanto

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Johto

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 23 13.3%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 70 40.5%
  • Unova

Votes: 60 34.7%

• Total voters

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Sinnoh is my most hated. So many Pokemon are just evos of Pokes already existing. XP Fave is KANTO!!!!! WOOOT! KANTOOOOO

The Flash

I like shorts!
I didn't really care for Unova or Sinnoh. I don't think it was because I love the older gens more, I just didn't seem as impressed.

Kanto I think had a good design. Everything was real close to each other, but obstacles prevented you from getting into the newer stuff too soon. You could easily walk to any place and not have to rely on fly solely. That's something I appreciate.

Johto I thought was my favorite. It was a big design, the Sea route wasn't terrible. The Whirl Islands were impressive. I honestly don't have too many complaints. Although I felt they fell flat between Blackthorn and New Bark Town. I thought that route was eh.

Hoenn I think was amazing, although I wasn't a big fan of half of it being Water Routes...

Sinnoh I thought had its good moments.

Unova, I admit I haven't finished my Black 1 version, I lost interest in the game and stopped playing. (To clarify, I was raising the candle pokemon and got him up like 15 levels and my battery died before i could save. I got discouraged and gave up. I know i suck.)

As for pokemon diversity?

Kanto featured some of my favorites. The Nidoking/Queen line. I loved Grimer and Muk, i thought they looked cool. Pidgey is still my favorite looking starter bird. The Ghastly line was neat. Seal and Dewgong, Lapras, Tauros. A lot of my favorites came from this gen.

Johto was perfect I thought. It had all the old ones, plus just a touch of new stuff. Sentret, Heracross, Houndoom, Phanpy, Teddiursa were some of my favorites.

Hoenn was underrated for me when I first played it. I can't believe I thought that. I like Aggron, Absol, the starters were great, Slaking was neat. Plenty of diversity.

Sinnoh, the lack of fire pokemon was disappointing. The pokemon were decent though. I liked the Hippo one ( i forget how to spell it). I liked Lucario.

Unova... I liked Seismitoad. I thought it was cool looking. There were a couple others i liked, but i can't remember them.

I'm hoping that the new region is like Johto.

Porygandrew

Hoenn suffered from no backwards-compatibility, but its biggest weakness when it came out was the lack of available 1st and 2nd gen pokemon. They were programmed in the game, but were unobtainable until Fire Red / Leaf Green came out. It also didn't have much in the way of post-game, hindering it even further. The biodiversity, the uniquely-placed cities, and tropical-themed pokemon gave the games some interest, but it was still a step back in the franchise, especially with no day/night feature.

Sinnoh was a legendary-dump. It seemed like anyone who wanted to make a legendary for the game could add it in and it would be accepted.

Unova was ... Unova. I think by far it divided the pokemon community the most into people who really loved it and people who really hated it. It also didn't help the franchise introduced the first actual pokemon fusions with the Tao trio.

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
I think Unova gets the most hate. It's hated because of the Pokemon. Unova is one of my favorite regions, I like most of the NPCs, the enemies, and the story, but I have to agree with most people. The Pokemon in Unova were not as good as the other regions' Pokemon.

Ryan7437

Banned
Why the Gen 4 Hate?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I've never actually seen anyone complain about Sinnoh/Gen 4 before (at least not before I saw this thread). I always thought Hoenn and Unova got the most hate, although I actually understand why the latter is hated given some of the Pokemon designs. *Shudders* What are the biggest complaints about Sinnoh?

Orithan

Unova hands down. The story's good but the Pokemon are garbage.

Can you explain why, without going to the exhausted and redundant "They are unorignal!" argument? Honestly, I don't any reason to hate unless you can explain it with legitimate, valid arguments.

Last edited:

SKyLineR32

Master Weasel
Unova hands down. The story's good but the Pokemon are garbage.

Really? Every single one of them? So not a single 5th gen. Pokemon even looks better than some of the eye sores that are in every generation? As stated earlier, I would like to hear some actual explanations instead of baseless bashing.

remybutton

Without a single doubt, Sinnoh. I don't why everyone just happens to despise it with an over-exaggerated passion. Sure the speed problems were annoying, but anyone could get used to that. Is hating Sinnoh the cool thing to do right now? Or is Pokemon's version of the Zelda cycle?

golduck#1

If it was my opinion, it just wasn;'t the same after Johto so Hoenn is when it started to get bad for me atleast, however the public dislikes Unova but also Unova has a lot of followers so I am going to say Sinnoh is. Not many people appreciated a Electabuzz evo as well as the others. Nobody hates on Johto or Kanto for obvious reasons so I am going to say Sinnoh.