• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most hated video game characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do hate the most?
I hate Jin Kisaragi from BlazBlue because his personality only consists of: Be mean to everyone around him and have orgasms at the thought of Ragna.

PsychicPsycho

The riddler from Arkham City. He trolls you so bad when you fail a challenge it drives me insane. I want to take his staff and shove it so far down his throat that I could pull it out the another end.

Also I hate most enemies from Gears of War 2 horde mode. At the moment, I'm thinking I hate Boomers, Sires and Grenadier Elites the most:
-Boomers because sometimes a Boomshot round will kill me while I'm holding a shield, even though it appears to just hit the shield. Also for the times they hit crazy shots when usually they're nowhere close.
-Sires because they are constantly knocking my shields over, and bugging me when I'm trying to fight something else.
-Grenadiers because of their random grenades. I might know a grenade is incoming, but unless I see it I don't know whether to move or not, since they miss a lot. And I never seem to be able to shield myself correctly, even though I swear I'm facing the grenade.

Other enemies can also be annoying, like Therons, Kantuses and Maulers, but at least you get cool stuff from killing them.

Last edited:

Recon

Kaepora Gaebora, Tingle, most characters from FF XIII, Mr. Mooroka, Big the Cat, and a bunch more I can't name off the top of my head.

Neil from Harvest Moon: A New Beginning always made me confused at his almost unanimous popularity. Not only is he just the stereotypical "I'm a jerk, but I'm actually nice but I act like a jerk because reasons" kind of character, but he didn't even have the depth to make his personality justified. It just felt like the creators knew that girls love the stoic emo characters, so they didn't bother to develop him. He didn't have a back story or anything.

Also, Flavio in Paper Mario pissed me off.

Duke Nukem also gets an honorable mention. He is the eleven year old's definition of a "cool guy".

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Sonic. There's no one worst that will be mentioned in this thread.
A Silver the Hedgehog fan, eh?

Fi was worse.
I want to give her a desk job.

I don't know who I would pick. Kratos is a prick, but he is in a game I don't play, so I can't say him (plus he is too manly to pick). Colonel Volgin is a jerk, but he plays a good story role, and he conjures lightning, so not him.

Porky Minch
Pigma Dengar
Some Fire Emblem creep I can't think of the name of

...Error, cannot compute.
I'm sure I'll think of it.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
Luigi, Dr. Robotnik, aaaaaand the Grim Reaper on the Sims. xD

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Silver doesn't exist.
Silver (symbolized Ag) has an atomic number of 47. I think you're thinking of unobtainium.

Next you will tell me that the shadow casted from an object defies the property of light.

Rezzo

Occasionally
Sonic. There's no one worse that will be mentioned in this thread.

Terrible voice acting, terrible lip-syncing, overconfident cocky personality, yeah I can see where you're going with this. There aren't any lovable characters from the Sonic franchise at all, the more I think about it.

Cicero from Skyrim jumps to mind for me. I can't even use the guy as a follower because he doesn't shut the **** up, which is a shame because he has good stats.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
He isn't a playable character and he only appears twice, but he deserves a mention in this thread.

The beetle from Donkey Kong 64.

If you have ever played that game you will know what I mean.

ForeverFlame

Pretty much the entire cast of Tales of the Abyss. But a special mention goes out to the main character, who went through major plot-related character development half-way through the game and actually managed to become even more detestable.

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
Mostly just Leah and Maghda. Both were introduced in this game, both were horribly underdeveloped, both had terrible dialogue and inconsistent personalities. Fortunately, you kill Maghda about a third through the game. However, Leah apparently dies pretty close to the end, though there is still the possibility she could come back. There several other characters I couldn't stand in Diablo III, such as Emperor Hakan II, Belial, Zoltun Kulle, Kormac the Templar, and Adria, but Leah and Maghda are the ones I loathe the most.

In the original game, Sarag Kerrigan was a great character, and was summed up in one of her own quotes: "At this point, I'm pretty much the Queen ***** of the Universe. And not all of your little soldiers or space ships will stand in my way again." But in Wings of Liberty, what little time she showed up, she was a very archetypal villain, much like Emperor Palpatine. Evil for the sake of being evil. Come Heart of the Swarm, she's no longer a villain, but is still a pretty bad character in that she is basically an agnsty teen, despite being about thirty or so. Granted, this angst was caused by grief over having slaughtered untold billions, but does that really justify being like a Tim Burton character?

Robert Norton was such a prick, but dealing with all his doucheyness was worth it in the end. Shooting him in the head, and then stomping the unholy crap out of his necromorphosed corpse in the Awakened DLC were some of the most satisfying things I did the game.

I can't stand ice queens. Being an ice queen doesn't make a female character a strong female character. It makes them insufferable *****es. When Kat died, I felt absolutely nothing, whereas I felt rage or sadness when the rest of the characters died.

Also, the way Catherine Halsey is portrayed in the games differs greatly from how I interpreted her when reading the books. In the books, I saw a woman who was troubled by the fact she kidnapped dozens of children, put them through crap no child should even think of and then sent them off to their deaths, and she was trying to do whatever she could to atone for those crimes while still trying to save humanity from extinction. Reach and 4 made her out to be, surprise surprise, and ice queen with absolutely no remorse for what she did to the Spartan-II's.

I feel that Sora's and Ventus' level of naivete can only pass in Goku. Riku broods too much for his own good. Sure, he's done some pretty bad things, but he redeemed himself, and he still feels the need to act like Cloud. Kairi's just there.

Miranda Lawson in Mass Effect 2. Same as Kat.

James Vega in Mass Effect 3. He's supposed to represent new players coming into the franchise, but he really reminded me more of arrogant dudebros.

Bastila Shan in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Again with the ice queens.

Status
Not open for further replies.