• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most hated video game characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Porky Minch

Ah yes, him. He's definitely a candidate. Especially since I have a tendency to think many villains are awesome... or awesomely twisted, either way. Not Porky though. His just this cocky, fat, greedy bastard who feels like he has the right to just go on and mess everything up. He doesn't even have a cool factor to redeem himself, not even an awesome memorable quote ("spankety spankety spankety" hardly counts). Now that's a true villain. The kind who really garners hate. And besides, who dares call Ness "Pig's Butt"?

As far as Legend of Zelda characters go, honestly none of the faeries bother me. Not even Navi or Fi. The one I REALLY hate though is Tingle. What's he even supposed to be anyway? There's just something about the way he looks, the way he acts all creepy, the way he comes across as a showoff... ugh.

And I do hate to say it, but another character on my list is Princess Peach. She must be dumb or naive or both, making absolutely no attempt to run away or otherwise protect herself against Bowser kidnapping her. You'd think she'd learn something after it happens for the umpteenth time. And there's nothing really interesting about her personality or backstory otherwise either, which becomes a redeeming factor in the case of Zelda. She's just a bunch of stereotypes tied together, pretty much. I guess I do kind of like the fact that she can hover in the air and all though.

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
Ah yes, him. He's definitely a candidate. Especially since I have a tendency to think many villains are awesome... or awesomely twisted, either way. Not Porky though. His just this cocky, fat, greedy bastard who feels like he has the right to just go on and mess everything up. He doesn't even have a cool factor to redeem himself, not even an awesome memorable quote ("spankety spankety spankety" hardly counts). Now that's a true villain. The kind who really garners hate. And besides, who dares call Ness "Pig's Butt"?

As far as Legend of Zelda characters go, honestly none of the faeries bother me. Not even Navi or Fi. The one I REALLY hate though is Tingle. What's he even supposed to be anyway? There's just something about the way he looks, the way he acts all creepy, the way he comes across as a showoff... ugh.

And I do hate to say it, but another character on my list is Princess Peach. She must be dumb or naive or both, making absolutely no attempt to run away or otherwise protect herself against Bowser kidnapping her. You'd think she'd learn something after it happens for the umpteenth time. And there's nothing really interesting about her personality or backstory otherwise either, which becomes a redeeming factor in the case of Zelda. She's just a bunch of stereotypes tied together, pretty much. I guess I do kind of like the fact that she can hover in the air and all though.

I hate Porkey too.

Now, I absolutely hate Tidus. He is annoying, he wines 24-7, and that fake laugh is so bad that it's my ringtone!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Wicked K from Darksiders. Undead moron. He pops out of nowhere, spouting bad one-liners, and starts whacking away with a CANE. Then, when he's had enough, he vanishes into a giant top hat that blows up in your face. Annoying bugger... Maybe I'd be able to tolerate him if he were a killable character

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Pierce from Saints Row(I grew to love him in 4 though)
Roman from GTA(Don't really hate him, I hate how he called every 5 minutes to ask if Niko wanted to go bowling)
N from Pokemon. I really really hate this guy

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
The only one I can think of for me is Za/Zuant form Zelda twilight princess. He starts off cool and intimidating but by the end is just a joke!

It was the fused shadows. He didn't have a strong enough mind to control them and ended up going insane.

As for me...it would have to be Sparx from the Spyro series. He's just an irritating excuse of a dragonfly.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Ah yes, him. He's definitely a candidate. Especially since I have a tendency to think many villains are awesome... or awesomely twisted, either way. Not Porky though. His just this cocky, fat, greedy bastard who feels like he has the right to just go on and mess everything up. He doesn't even have a cool factor to redeem himself, not even an awesome memorable quote ("spankety spankety spankety" hardly counts). Now that's a true villain. The kind who really garners hate. And besides, who dares call Ness "Pig's Butt"?.
Maybe I should clarify. The reason I wouldn't put Porky Minch is because even though he is a big scumbag, he fits his story role pretty well. I can't say he is the worst character, but he is unlikable. Maybe I could say him since this is the "most hated" video game characters.

Now that I think of it, Pigma is really a jerk. Betraying Star Fox and Star Wolf is pretty uncool. George Orwell is right, pig people are jerks.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Terrible voice acting, terrible lip-syncing, overconfident cocky personality, yeah I can see where you're going with this. There aren't any lovable characters from the Sonic franchise at all, the more I think about it.

Friendly reminder that Sonic the Hedgehog has the same voice as Ezio from Assassin's Creed, and Chris Redfield from Resident Evil.

Estellise

peachy
Pretty much the entire cast of Tales of the Abyss. But a special mention goes out to the main character, who went through major plot-related character development half-way through the game and actually managed to become even more detestable.

Sometimes I feel like the only person who actually likes the Abyss cast....

I'm going to say Navi from Ocarina of Time. Sure, she's helpful, but one can only take so much of, "HEY! LISTEN!"

Griever789

Leonard from white knight chronicles, it not bad enough that he is an idoit among a genre full of them but your charecter has to play sidekick even though he/she could probally beat Leonard in knight mode.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Sometimes I feel like the only person who actually likes the Abyss cast....

I'm going to say Navi from Ocarina of Time. Sure, she's helpful, but one can only take so much of, "HEY! LISTEN!"

I loved TotA, the cast, the story everything, so im with you there.

Hmm, most hated character? I may have to say Resetti from animal crossing- I SWEAR! MY THING RAN OUT OF POWER! JUST SHUT THE HECK UP!

PsychicPsycho

Dead Rising 2 spoilers

[SPOIL]I think I will hate Sullivan enternally for what happened with Rebecca- so close to the end then WHAM. Plus, his fight- I killed him him my first try, I think, but I didn't give TK zombrex, so I had to do it again and died a bunch of times. Piece of crap- I wish a sledgehammer was a viable weapon against him so I could pound his face into the ground.

And I know they're not characters, but I pretty much hate the developers for making it happen, since it wasn't necessary at all. It's basically just a kick in the nuts for the player.[/SPOIL]
/semi-rant
I tried just to get over it but it's been 2 days and it's still bothering me, so I'm hoping saying this will make me feel better.

GingerDixie

Hopes and Dreams
I sort of have a love-hate with The Batter from OFF. I'll edit this post explaining why when I get to my computer.

Sonicfan9988

You got this, Sonic!
Amy Rose & N Harmonia! That is all...

TheGreaterLucario

Do comic adaptations of video game characters count? If so.....

Dr. Eggman from the Archie Sonic the Hedgehog comics.
He is everything that the video game version of Eggman aspires to be but never will. Evil? Check. Cruel? Check. Makes you want to murder him after pretty much everything he does? Check.

Vikings

Oracle
Do comic adaptations of video game characters count? If so.....

Dr. Eggman from the Archie Sonic the Hedgehog comics.
He is everything that the video game version of Eggman aspires to be but never will. Evil? Check. Cruel? Check. Makes you want to murder him after pretty much everything he does? Check.

What I was going to say ^

I also dislike Wario and Waluigi. Toad is also annoying

Number 1 goes to Wizpig from Diddy Kong Racing though...

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I know I'm going to piss off a lot of people by saying this, but frankly I've pissed off so many people in my life to the point I really don't care.

...But to tell you the truth, I really REALLY dislike Solid Snake. In all honesty, I don't get his appeal. Many people call him cool and bad-*** and what not, but to be honest I really don't see anything cool or bad-*** about an overly serious human from an overrated game franchise who hides in a box, uses mostly generic bog-standard FPS weaponry, and doesn't have much personality to him or his design. ...This is just an opinion of mine, but I just plain hate the character.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
It's kind of a hard call, because there's a lot of characters that are bad, but definitely not the worst to the point that I hate them. (Spoiler alert, but I forgot the point of this thread halfway through my reply.)

Pfffft, Navi. Navi's not that bad, although she really is the beginning more than anyone of Nintendo's overt hand-holding. Anyone, that is, except Princess Zelda at the beginning of Link to the Past. Think Navi but extremely poorly implemented, to the point that, when you're trying to rescue her from the castle, she might tell you MULTIPLE TIMES that she's there and waiting for rescue. Kinda makes you want to leave her there.

I dislike N because he doesn't have a lot of character to him outside of being an abuse victim to show off that Ghetsis is a dick. He's not really the worst, though.

Lysandre kind of sucks, because he tries to blow up the world, then comes up with a massively ******** excuse about how he just wanted to purge the world of evil by killing everyone. This is one of the worst goddamned things ever and it always annoys me when I see it. I hope Lysandre got ran over by a speeding Rhyhorn.
But even he's not the worst.

A lot of DK fans hate Kiddy Kong for the completely irrational reason that he's basically an overgrown baby and a clone of Donkey Kong in terms of playstyle, but that's dumb, and they're dumb. I mean, there are some people who hate DKC3 just because most of its soundtrack was done by Eveline Fischer instead of David Wise.

Zinyak's a character that a lot of people would consider bad, because he abducts you and many other Earthlings for no good reason, then blows up your planet for doing what any sane being would do in your position, then has the balls to blame you for killing seven billion people. But that's the point. He is written to make you hate him, and he does the job extremely well. So yeah, you hate him, but it's not so much that you feel the game was a waste when you finally beat him.

He isn't a playable character and he only appears twice, but he deserves a mention in this thread.

The beetle from Donkey Kong 64.

If you have ever played that game you will know what I mean.

I hope whoever thought those races was a good idea catches a horrific disease.

You know, I've always kind of thought of Adachi from Persona 4 on a similar level, but he seems to have more than his fair share of fans. Probably because he's vaguely attractive to people who have a fetish for over-application of skin gradients.

Not to pile on on this one, but the one time she was a main character in a Mario platformer, her abilities were all based on her emotions. Because women are just so emotional, right? Ahahahahago **** yourself Nintendo. Remember how she was almost useful and cool in Super Mario RPG? Sure, she was team medic and you still had to rescue her, but she ended up helping you defeat, oh, about half of the remaining major villains in the game without getting captured after Booster (who mostly was just an idiot and not malicious). Also, she wasn't incapable as a fighter.

Maybe I should clarify. The reason I wouldn't put Porky Minch is because even though he is a big scumbag, he fits his story role pretty well. I can't say he is the worst character, but he is unlikable. Maybe I could say him since this is the "most hated" video game characters.

Now that I think of it, Pigma is really a jerk. Betraying Star Fox and Star Wolf is pretty uncool. George Orwell is right, pig people are jerks.

Well, yeah -- Porky's a dick, which makes you dislike him, and it kind of helps. It doesn't for Pigma, because he's mostly just kind of there.

Status
Not open for further replies.