• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most hated video game characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
No one likes a troll.
Hmm
Why not. It still sort of implies.
No it doesn't.
Then you're not looking hard enough. Also, Sonic and Skylanders may not have the best stories, but their gameplay is far from cliched. MGS, on the other hand, is typical of today's games.
Pokemon, Zelda, Mario, even the latest Call of Duty and Battlefield aren't like that.
THAT DOESN'T GIVE HIM PERSONALITY, *******!!!
Calm down.
No it is not.
Why not?
Any RELEVANT examples? Thought so.
Pokemon, Zelda, Mario, even the latest Call of Duty and Battlefield aren't like that. Also including Rayman, Donkey Kong, and so on. I mean, you want me to name EVERY game that is different from MG, or FPS? You can't see that there are other games?
No.
Snake and JB sitting in a tree, K I S S I N G! ...But seriously, if you don't like him so much, then stop trying to get ME to like him
wat. and I don't even want you like him
*Facepalm* It's never BECAUSE of a fanbase that one hates a character. A fanbase usually just makes things worse for the person, but I've never heard of someone hating something JUST BECAUSE it's popular.
You appear to be doing it.
When you go too far, shove your opinions around as fact and WON'T SHUT UP, what do you expect people to do? But if you can actually talk rationally, then I won't delete them.
You consider being right going too far so no.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
No it doesn't.

Actually, it kind of does.

Pokemon, Zelda, Mario, even the latest Call of Duty and Battlefield aren't like that.

Nope.

Calm down.

I'm trying to be calm. You won't drop it.

What is personality? Personality is what gets you to like a character. ...Or hate them in the case of villains. If a character is charming, easy to like, and often times witty, I consider that good personality. When a character is bland and has no true charming characteristics, I consider it bad personality. And to me, Solid Snake is bland and doesn't have charming characteristics. Clear?

Pokemon, Zelda, Mario, even the latest Call of Duty and Battlefield aren't like that. Also including Rayman, Donkey Kong, and so on. I mean, you want me to name EVERY game that is different from MG, or FPS? You can't see that there are other games?

Once again, Nope. And that's more or less it. The rest of the 75% of popular games these days are either FPS or 3D shooters in general, have an overly serious and bland protagonist, or usually both. (...But more often the later.)

Yes.

wat. and I don't even want you like him

Then stop trying to change my opinion.

You appear to be doing it.

You're sadly mistaken.

You consider being right going too far so no.

I've said it once. I've said it twice. And I'll say it once more. Nope.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Let me think of a new character.

In all honesty, while I do like Skylanders, I have to admit they stripped Spryo of his personality. In the originals he was cocky and confident, kind of like a good amount of talking animal and monster characters in the day. Legend of Spyro depicted him more friendly. Still confident, but not as cocky as he was in the game. In Skylanders, he's basically reduced to one-liners. Yeah, sort of cocky and confident, but basically a shadow of the original.

However he's not who I'm going to talk about. TBH, the Mabu have always found a way to piss me off. They're cutesy to the point where, in general, they go beyond pleasant and hit the realm of, ahem, lameness. I can't think of any character in particular that reaches the level of overpowering sugariness as they do, to be honest.

Last edited:

KyuremFreeze

Hello, b0ss
ill have to say resseti. i played animal crossing, ad he showed up. my dick of a brother turned it off just after he went away. when i turned it back on and played it again, he did that little "resseti rules" typing thing. i typed it exact, and he kept saying "Try again!"

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Actually, it kind of does.
How.
How?
Once again, Nope. And that's more or less it. The rest of the 75% of popular games these days are either FPS or 3D shooters in general, have an overly serious and bland protagonist, or usually both. (...But more often the later.)
How?
How?
Then stop trying to change my opinion.
I'm not.
You're sadly mistaken.
No, you are anytime you start claiming that 75% are shooters.
I've said it once. I've said it twice. And I'll say it once more. Nope.
You can say no, but you're wrong.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Blah blah blah blah blah.

Like I said before, I'd rather not start a flame war here. Take it to PM for the love of god.

ill have to say resseti. i played animal crossing, ad he showed up. my dick of a brother turned it off just after he went away. when i turned it back on and played it again, he did that little "resseti rules" typing thing. i typed it exact, and he kept saying "Try again!"

Ah, good ol' Resseti. A guy you just love to hate.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Man I love this section of the forum...

Flame wars for everyone!

A boring life? Goes to "Other Videogames Discussion" and well, there you have it! Awesome OVD discussions that includes "no/my opinion/deal with it!" types of arguments.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
And there you have it folks!

What is THAT supposed to mean? You acting like you won something because someone doesn't want to talk about something because you so totally aren't trying to change my opinion even though you WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT HOW "WRONG" IT IS!?

Also, yeah actually 75% of games being shooters is actually a good estimate.

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
What is THAT supposed to mean? You acting like you won something because someone doesn't want to talk about something because you so totally aren't trying to change my opinion even though you WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT HOW "WRONG" IT IS!?
When you change to "Blah blah blah" I do win.

Also, yeah actually 75% of games being shooters is actually a good estimate.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=28-xu0

Gamestop's list of games comes to 25,916 out of those, 1,431 are in the shooter genre.

Tell me more about how 1,431 = 75% of 25,916.

I'll wait.

Last edited:

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
When you change to "Blah blah blah" I do win.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=28-xu0

Gamestop's list of games comes to 25,916 out of those, 1,431 are in the shooter genre.

Tell me more about 1,431 = 75% of 25,916.

I'll wait.

How many of those outside the 1,431 shooters you mentioned are actually decent games? Plus, you're not taking into account the amount of those games since when (I'd say around the XBox, maybe XBox360 era). You know 75% is an exaggeration, but the opinion that shooters are out-played is the main point of the estimate. There's also the shooters that are passed off under a different genre. MGS, for example, is passed off as a Stealth game. Fallout is passed off as an RPG. Ratchet and Clank is passed off as a platformer. Resident Evil is passed off as Survival Horror. And so on and so forth.

Also, the "Blah blah blah" bit was me trying to move the ****ing discussion so it doesn't clutter up the topic. Now either keep it to VM or shut up cause I'm getting sick and tired of your BS.

...Besides Solid Snake I cannot think of any characters I absolutely cannot stand off the top of my head. ...Oh yeah, I strongly dislike Team Plasma, though. The whole "Animal Activist" type villain group is overdone, and kind of insulting to be honest. Plus N's appearance strongly reminds me of Sho Minamoto, which is not a good thing for me. N also seems to be a bit on the emo side. But what I really dislike about him is how he as a lot of likeable views and ideals, yet he's made out to be an antagonist. Gheitsis (Or whatever you call him) is equally unlikeable. Plus the whole "I wanted to be the only person to have Pokemon" excuse for the whole stereotype felt like a failed attempt to say "Look, we're not portraying animal lovers as evil. See?" They're a villain team that really pisses me off, but for all the wrong reasons.

Last edited:

Ampy

Light The Stars
And once again MugoUrth blames others of trying to change his opinion when they're simply just telling him his logic is faulty.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
This is the norm? Sheesh. Glad I don't hang around here too often.

So I'm not contributing nothing, I can't really see why Navi is so hated. Yeah, she's a bit of a Captain Obvious and the repeated "Hey! Listen!"'s are kind of irritating, but it's easy enough to ignore her. What little personality she's given is pretty well defined, and her role in the story doesn't deteriorate like some characters. Besides, without her, you wouldn't be able to use the handy lock-on feature (in-story), so that gets her some points from me.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
This is the norm? Sheesh. Glad I don't hang around here too often.

So I'm not contributing nothing, I can't really see why Navi is so hated. Yeah, she's a bit of a Captain Obvious and the repeated "Hey! Listen!"'s are kind of irritating, but it's easy enough to ignore her. What little personality she's given is pretty well defined, and her role in the story doesn't deteriorate like some characters. Besides, without her, you wouldn't be able to use the handy lock-on feature (in-story), so that gets her some points from me.

Meh, to be honest I never found her all that annoying. And sometimes annoying can even be funny.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
How many of those outside the 1,431 shooters you mentioned are actually decent games?
What's good is subjective, and why does that matter.
Plus, you're not taking into account the amount of those games since when (I'd say around the XBox, maybe XBox360 era). .
I'm also taking into account that you've provided no evidence to even remotely back up your exaggeration.

Also, the "Blah blah blah" bit was me trying to move the ****ing discussion so it doesn't clutter up the topic. Now either keep it to VM or shut up cause I'm getting sick and tired of your BS.
How rude.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade

Meh, to be honest I never found her all that annoying. And sometimes annoying can even be funny.

I never really felt that she contributed much in a positive or negative sense, but she didn't really take away a lot, either. Also the "HEY LISTEN" is not as annoying as some sounds are in Nintendo games.

What's good is subjective, and why does that matter.

Okay, so why are any of us having that argument in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.