• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Horrifying Experiences Thread.

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
My most horrifying experiences are often found in my dreams. My dreams are so crazy, I have recently read books on dreams, and even with the help from the books, I still am unable to control my dreams. Well, rarely I may have a dream to where I can control it, but things get out of hand, and then I wake up.

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
Who did you, never mind.

Wow that is kinda disturbing.

I, and other students, ended up being asked to testify on a court trial (the trial was being handled by phone, because it involved the principal to where they would have to go off of campus, which shouldn't happen), we ended up not testifying and the teacher's, who was suing the school, lawyer said this 'I really don't think that it's wise to let mere CHILDREN testify on a serious matter.', which really ticked me (And the other students called to testify) off. We were sent back to class, and I had enough knowledge to where I could have been a vital witness!

gizmog0d

Ordinary guy
My most horrifying experience... I would say it had to have been when I was at this school sleepover for a state test, the TAAS test, and the next morning I was told my mom had had a serious heart attack. They wouldn't let me see her for a few hours, and when we finally made it to the hospital, it felt like my heart was stuck in my throat. I was only eight, but I can remember the feeling of just utter helplessness... I couldn't change what had happened, I couldn't see her, and I could do nothing for her. It was horrible.

Barbarooza

BarBOSSA
Not alot of things scares or worries me, but one of the most terrible things I have seen was witnessing my 86 year old grandad have a heart attack. He looked so helpless, and we really thought that this was his time (he often has slip-ups like this, but I have never seen it before). Not crying or anything, just felt....useless.

One time about eight years ago I was going outside for a walk in the late afternoon. When I stepped out the door I noticed something was wierd. There were no cars or people anywhere in sight and the sky was a blood red color. As I started looking around I heard a deep growling to my left. I turned and saw the silhouette of some kind of enormous thing in the shape of a big cat crouching down in the shadow of a tree about 15 feet away. I was fully aware that there were cougars in the hill by my house, so it didn't take long to figure out what it was. Luckily I was still at the door, so I slowly walked back through it and into the house.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Not alot of things scares or worries me, but one of the most terrible things I have seen was witnessing my 86 year old grandad have a heart attack.

That's exactly what happened to me (except mine was 82).

mibler

one time while walking my dog, it was later so noo one was really out (it was a woodsy park and I was on a side path) I was followed by a hobo partially inside a trash bag and screaming...my dog wanted to go say hello.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
I saw something that wasn't exactly horrifying, but it was certainly a huge WTF moment.

It was raining a lot today, and around 2pm, it was coming down HARD. We're talking slanted ice rain, but not quite hail. Anyway, I'm walking around because I've got to get to the vet's, and I see the strangest thing. There's a convertible driving down the street, about 60 miles an hour... and the roof is down.

I'll never get why the guy didn't put up his roof in such extreme weather conditions.

it's most likely a person that had a bad timed malfunction. the poor basterd:p

Last edited:

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
I'm terrified of dogs, and one time, when i was in Pennsylvannia visiting friends of my parents, they had this really nutty dog that attacks children (why they didn';t shove the thing in the pound I have no idea). I was downstairs in their basement playing scrabble when that thing came in and attempted to chew my foot off...my dog fear has become a phobia since then...and all of my neighbors have dogs....*sob*

shaq-attack

.:~:._.:~:.
That's probably the worst thing in this thread.

Probably one of the most disturbing, but not the worst. Considering there are alot of posts here about having witnessed people who almost/or have died in front of their very eyes that were friends/family.

Hmm...one time when I was younger I was lying on the floor watching t.v.
I was going to get up to do something but had accidentally rolled into a lamp that was left on for a few hours, being so hot it peeled the skin off my arm.
It was one of the most painful things I have ever endured. I had the scar for years, it recently faded away though.

The Guy

Generic Charizard
And to this day i have a mortal fear of wasps/bees/hornets.

You aren't alone. Wasps, Bees, Hornets. *Shudder* Speaking of wasps, there was a flying black bug that seemed like a wasp earlier. When it came near me, I ran screaming to the living room. Yeah, go ahead, you all want to laugh.
So go ahead, have fun laughing.

rekreatur

Perhaps during your free time you like to bake random mammals in the oven!

Don't remind me of that "wannabe gangsta" girl who fried a cat. :|

I was being chased by a rottweiler for about 3 minutes and eventually it caught me and bit my arm like 7 times.

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Reading in a newspaper about a lady who stuck dead dogs in her freezer, and blamed the government for it.

And i imagined the whole situation too.

oh the horror.

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
almost a year ago my friend came over and i brought out my go-cart. he started driving after i showed him top speed and exactly when to turn. he then did a "cop turn", but i wasnt looking when it happened. so he did it again to show me. he ended up flipping 2-1/2 times. he was wearing a seatbelt, but not a helmet (we didnt have one at the time). the left side of the roll cage bent inwards and snapped at where the bolt on the half was. my friend hit his head there. and while it was happenning, his right arm was flailing around. in the end, he lost his glasses, got 4 stitches in his forehead and had a 3-way spiral fracture in his upper-right arm. underneathe his cast there was a sickly purple bruise on his arm. i almost vomitted at the sight of the bruise. he has since recovered, and doesnt ride in the go-cart for 2 reasons: 1) its quite obvious why. 2) it wont start anymore. the day after the accident i had to wash the go-cart because there was so much blood and dirt on the foam around the roll cage. there is still some blood left there because it wont come out. and we wont get the roll cage replaced because we dont have the money and it is to serve as a monument: dont do anything stupid on the go-cart. we now gave my friend a nickname: Crash Test Dummy.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
More funny than horrifying, but.. one time I was at a friend's house. I must have been seven at the most. His dog RAN INTO ME.

I quite literally did a barrel roll in mid air (courtesy of Peppy the Hare!)

Once I saw two guys making out in a car 0_o
Most freaky thing i've ever seen.
Ugh, please, grow up.

Anyway:
I was in my house on my own. I'm very paranoid, and often think I see things. This one time I could've sworn I saw a man looking up the stairs at me, and it scared the crap out of me. What's worse is I'm autophobic anyway.

I walked into a shop, right in the middle of a robbery.

I've been followed many times, the earliest when I was nine years old without my parents. And yes, I know the person was following me.

I woke up once, and I couldn't move. Another time I woke up and had an asthma attack, and thats happened a lot.

In my old room (which I'm moving back into) I used to wake up at 1am every morning. I've never liked that room, and to be honest I'm actually pretty scared of it. I'd always avoid it as a child, and run past it.

Sometimes I hear footsteps in my house. Usually I'm just being paranoid, but one time when it was worse than usual, my sister heard it too.

My parents were watching TV while I was playing my DS. Then a door slammed shut, and when I say it slammed, I mean it. It was VERY loud, and I glanced up to see my parents looking at each other with worried expressions.

I was walking half on the path and half off the path. Two cars sped by. After the first, I lost my balance and nearly fell, and narrowly escaped being killed by the second. Ever since, I have a slight fear of cars. Partly to do with my paranoia (I imagine that I'm going to get driveby-shot), and the screech of wheels always gives me chills.

I'm terrified of wasps, and I got stung right under my eye. Wow, that was scary.

I hadn't eaten all day, and hadn't eaten a lot in the previous few days, and I fell over and all I could see was shades of blue.

There was a few more but I forget them.

BUG

insert joke so dated I don't even remember it
i was at Saturday Market today, and seeing as how it's Portland, there were like 25 gay pride stands set up. I have no problem with this, but they attracted a man wearing a pink sling bikini and white face paint. -.-

Also, my ten year old brother saw all the rainbow flags and tents and said "Nick, I wanna go look at the hippies!" which was pretty funny.