• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Horrifying Experiences Thread.

Erienne

Anime high :D
I once saw a naked fat man and a tall skinny Kazakhstani man fighting naked in a hotel lobby. xD

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected
One time about eight years ago I was going outside for a walk in the late afternoon. When I stepped out the door I noticed something was wierd. There were no cars or people anywhere in sight and the sky was a blood red color. As I started looking around I heard a deep growling to my left. I turned and saw the silhouette of some kind of enormous thing in the shape of a big cat crouching down in the shadow of a tree about 15 feet away. I was fully aware that there were cougars in the hill by my house, so it didn't take long to figure out what it was. Luckily I was still at the door, so I slowly walked back through it and into the house.

Maybe I'm being slow today( I am a lot ) but if it was just a cougar why were there no people or cars? And why was the sky red? That seems pretty freaky.

Also, one time, I saw my cat crushed by my garage door and sent to the ER. She died the next day...

Erienne

They were on camera and it was a very successful albeit controversial movie by Borat.

Erienne

I saw the movie. I would be horrified albeit somewhat amused if I saw it.

Calm PokeMaster

Oh, quite sorry that happened. It must've been extremely stressful, in the days following the attack, no?

Already this thread has gone quite south from funny. =[

Well its up to me to salvage whats left of it, and try to tell a story that has a bit of humour in it.

One time, my friend went into his basement to find this raggedy looking man stumbling along in there. It turns out that man had been staying there for weeks, and no on had even noticed, he would steal food and such when no one was at home.

But how did he come there?Don't say your friend didn't notice he walked through the front door and you notice...

Or maybe.....There is a secret entrance to his house!

jack8888

One time, my friend went into his basement to find this raggedy looking man stumbling along in there. It turns out that man had been staying there for weeks, and no on had even noticed, he would steal food and such when no one was at home.
====================================
hcc coding
utility payments

Emo_Kirlia

Me and my friend saw a ran over Canadian Goose on my street and my neighbors was like "You might wanna stay back...It's pretty nasty..." but we didn't care and my friend wanted to get a stick and pick at it's intestines and throw it on this guy we hate that says "Hey Baby" all the time and laughs like a Highyena. (He can't help it. He has Downs Syndrome but we were like 7 or 8 so we didn't know and we just thought he was weird...o_o) It wasn't horrifying to me but it would have been if I saw it at my current age. o_o

But something that did scare me was when I thought my Cat's eye got poked out. Turns out he just had that crusty eye-booger stuff in his eye and it hurt to open his eye.

Last edited:

cptmyname

when i was 4, i was picking blueberry with my aunt when i stepped on a wasp's nest and COMPLETLY freaked out, fainted, an woke up 8 hours later with 24 stings on me
now i'm COMPLETLY terrified of anything that even looks like a bug

and another time.... last week -.-, i went tubeing with my friend, we get pulled by a boat in this lake, and in that lake there is a collosal peninsula like rock, and theres a diving board on it, soo we whent on rock and towards the board but while walking towards it there was a crack full of SOFTBALL SIZED SPIDERS!
(people don't like spiders, i'm terrified of them. people are terrified of softball sized spiders, words can't describe how much i freak out)

i sqealed like a terrified little girl who just inhaled helium is how loud and high pitched i screamed, dove into the water and swam back towards the boat,
the worst part was my friend's sister invited some of her friends to go tubeing too, soo 4 girls i knew also saw me freak out

i don't like bugs

Grei

not the color
This wasn't my most horrifying, but it's one of the scarier experiences.

One day, when I was in my house alone, I was in my living room. My house has a fire escape that leads from the basement to the outside, which is situated against the side of my house, closest to my living room.

As I was in the quiet living room in my obviously-empty house (as there weren't any cars in the driveway besides mine, which currently doesn't work and didn't work at the time), I heard what sounded like metal clanging around in the basement. It seemed to come from against the wall, near the fire escape.
Following the noise, I heard a quiet giggling. It was a cackle-giggle--it wasn't outright laughter, but a rather high-pitched giggle, like one you'd hear from a legit crazy person.

I freaked. : P Needless to say, it was nothing, but I'd like to know what could've possibly made that noise. It wasn't the floorboards--I wasn't moving when I heard it.

Another scary experience, which happened way before the above one:

Around Christmastime almost two years ago, I was home alone at night. My younger brother was on the other side of my subdivision, and my older brother was with his then-girlfriend somewhere. My parents were out Christmas shopping. I was sitting in my living room when my two dogs got up and went to the window, as if someone was home. I stopped what I was doing and looked outside. Peeking in the window was a guy.

He was probably about my height (I'm about six feet), and was wearing what looked like by little brother's jacket. When he saw I saw him, he moved out of the way, behind my garage.
I thought it was weird, that my little brother was messing with me like that, but whatever. I waited a moment, then called him when I didn't hear the garage door open and asked him what all of that was about. Was he just messing with me? Also how'd he get home (since there were no cars in the driveway)?

Of course, he was still at his friend's house, on the other side of our subdivision. My brother wasn't looking in my window--someone else was.

About twenty minutes later my parents and elder brother came home, after I called them and told them someone was there. When they pulled in the driveway, I went out to meet them, and we looked in the snow around my house. Sure enough, there were footprints leading from the front of my house, around my house, and into the back field behind my house. The snow had just fallen--the tracks were fresh.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I rode Goliath at Six Flags Over Georgia. Needless to say, I am not a roller coaster person. The only one I'd ever ridden before was a kiddy coaster when I was about 5, though, so I thought maybe it wouldn't bother me now. It did. When it got to the top of the first hill, and you're just hanging there staring strait down for a second, I was like "Oh... God." I didn't scream, but I went really pale and I got light-headed. Never again!

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
This is... pretty dark, but I was handcuffed to a fence and assaulted by three guys when I was fifteen. I still have nightmares about rape more than ten years later, but outside of my dreams I try to not dwell on it too much in a way that I find unhealthy (blaming myself, hatred for the perpetrators, angsting in general). I've even been known to joke about it, but it took a very long time to even be able to tell anyone about it.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Around Christmastime almost two years ago, I was home alone at night. My younger brother was on the other side of my subdivision, and my older brother was with his then-girlfriend somewhere. My parents were out Christmas shopping. I was sitting in my living room when my two dogs got up and went to the window, as if someone was home. I stopped what I was doing and looked outside. Peeking in the window was a guy.

He was probably about my height (I'm about six feet), and was wearing what looked like by little brother's jacket. When he saw I saw him, he moved out of the way, behind my garage.
I thought it was weird, that my little brother was messing with me like that, but whatever. I waited a moment, then called him when I didn't hear the garage door open and asked him what all of that was about. Was he just messing with me? Also how'd he get home (since there were no cars in the driveway)?

Of course, he was still at his friend's house, on the other side of our subdivision. My brother wasn't looking in my window--someone else was.

About twenty minutes later my parents and elder brother came home, after I called them and told them someone was there. When they pulled in the driveway, I went out to meet them, and we looked in the snow around my house. Sure enough, there were footprints leading from the front of my house, around my house, and into the back field behind my house. The snow had just fallen--the tracks were fresh.

That is terrifying o_o I'd be very, very worried that you caught some guy peeping in the window. And he was wearing your brother's jacket?! WTF? How did he get ahold of it?! =0

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
This is... pretty dark, but I was handcuffed to a fence and assaulted by three guys when I was fifteen. I still have nightmares about rape more than ten years later, but outside of my dreams I try to not dwell on it too much in a way that I find unhealthy (blaming myself, hatred for the perpetrators, angsting in general). I've even been known to joke about it, but it took a very long time to even be able to tell anyone about it.

Oh, that's horrible! Did they ever catch the guys who did it? You know, it's perfectly normal to feel angry and upset over that. It's your mind's way of protecting you. It's not pleasant, but you need to feel those things to get them out of your system. Otherwise, the brain can't process them, and they just stay with you. Of course, it can be easy to lose perspective, but you seem to already have that.

Profesco

gone gently
I've heard what Profesco sounds like.

Don't forget to tell them about the chorus of angels that accompanies my heavenly voice.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Oh, that's horrible! Did they ever catch the guys who did it? You know, it's perfectly normal to feel angry and upset over that. It's your mind's way of protecting you. It's not pleasant, but you need to feel those things to get them out of your system. Otherwise, the brain can't process them, and they just stay with you. Of course, it can be easy to lose perspective, but you seem to already have that.

Nah, I spent years feeling angry. Now that I've been able to talk about it, I've calmed down. No, to my knowledge the guys were never caught since I escaped on my own. That's the frustrating part, I guess.