• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most iconic pokemon in the anime?

Most iconic pokemon in the anime?

• Pikachu

• Eevee

• Charizard

• Jigglypuff

• Meowth

• Wobbuffet

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
well I think the combustible frog was almost there i mean he is topping a lot of polls back then and even now but masuda and the writers had other plans
That poll though was heavily skewed in its favour anyway coz they had the stupid idea of having a favourite mon be voted from every region

Because of that obviously the frog will have the advantage as there is pretty much zero competition for any other Kalos mons so it'll easily get selected as the favourite among Kalos mons, meanwhile Kanto was full of competition between so many mons

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
no greninja was the overall favorite among all other pokemon back then https://pokemon2020.pokemon.com/en-us/
Bro you ignored my whole post
The whole poll was skewed in favour of Greninja because it allowed you to vote 8 times per region. Therefore really Greninja just had to be the most popular Kalos mon to get more votes as Kanto mons had to share votes between other popular mons, meanwhile Greninja had virtually no competition

It gets more overall votes because multiple votes REGION wise was allowed.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Bro you ignored my whole post
The whole poll was skewed in favour of Greninja because it allowed you to vote 8 times per region. Therefore really Greninja just had to be the most popular Kalos mon to get more votes as Kanto mons had to share votes between other popular mons, meanwhile Greninja had virtually no competition

It gets more overall votes because multiple votes REGION wise was allowed.
oh ok I get it now! but still, I have seen a lot of favorite starter pokemon youtube polls where there are over 100k voters were greninja was overwhelmingly winning

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
oh ok I get it now! but still, I have seen a lot of favorite starter pokemon youtube polls where there are over 100k voters were greninja was overwhelmingly winning
Greninja is definitely popular among the hardcore fanbase no doubt, but again I doubt it has anything near the level of popularity Charizard and Pikachu have globally, among casuals and non-fans and hardcore fans alike. I doubt regulars know who Greninja is compared to knowing who Pikachu and Charizard is. They are just timeless, and the anime did a lot to make them as popular as they are today

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Others may define "iconic" differently, but imo to achieve that status, the Pokemon has to be recognizable not only to hardcore fans and casuals, but even to your average Joe Schmoe on the street. Going by that, I think that limits it to Pikachu, Meowth, Charizard, maaaybe Jigglypuff or Eevee.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Greninja is definitely popular among the hardcore fanbase no doubt, but again I doubt it has anything near the level of popularity Charizard and Pikachu have globally, among casuals and non-fans and hardcore fans alike. I doubt regulars know who Greninja is compared to knowing who Pikachu and Charizard is. They are just timeless, and the anime did a lot to make them as popular as they are today
oh I agree with that but I think Greninja was on its way there with just a little more favoritism from tpc it would've probably join their ranks but dexit happen and its popularity went down while zard and pikachu remained the kings

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...
Since no one mentioned him I'll say Mewtwo.
Movie Mewtwo has pretty much become the face of the species. Rare is the person you see who thinks of Mewtwo as the uncontrollable and feral battle monster he's supposed to be in the games and other portrayals lore first.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Since no one mentioned him I'll say Mewtwo.
Movie Mewtwo has pretty much become the face of the species. Rare is the person you see who thinks of Mewtwo as the uncontrollable and feral battle monster he's supposed to be in the games and other portrayals lore first.
Heck, Spe pretty much changed its portrayal from game mewtwo in the RBY arc to one closer to his anime portrayal in FrLg

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Pikachu and Charizard that's why Ash vs Leon was the Perfect climax if the series. If you would show someone who ditched Pokemon 10-15+ years ago he might not know what Lucario or Greninja is while everyone would recognize the Yellow Rat and Orange Dragon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pikachu by default, although he's not my favorite. Nyasu [Meowth] is a close second given that he's received the most screen-time and development after Pikachu.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
They were gonna try with Clefairy but seems like it didn't pan out. AFAIK the Pokemon Pocket Monsters manga did have it as its mascot tho

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
They were gonna try with Clefairy but seems like it didn't pan out. AFAIK the Pokemon Pocket Monsters manga did have it as its mascot tho
Would be interesting if the new anime gave Clefairy and Poliwhirl more prominent roles since they were pushed early on.

Doubt it would happen but there's an opportunity to do something new.

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
Well considering we got confirmation that a Pikachu will play a prominent role in the new anime today, that's looking unlikely now.
I know, I meant with other reoccuring characters.

Obviously a Pikachu was going to play a prominent role in the anime. It was the only way they'd ever be okay with letting go of Ash. I bet we will see Eevee, Lucario, Charizard, Greninja, Piplup, etc in some form too.

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...
I know, I meant with other reoccuring characters.

Obviously a Pikachu was going to play a prominent role in the anime. It was the only way they'd ever be okay with letting go of Ash. I bet we will see Eevee, Lucario, Charizard, Greninja, Piplup, etc in some form too.
I can't wait to see an Eevee not being sure into what evolve and meeting Eeveevolutions trainers storyline! And then deciding to not evolve! Again!