• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most important returning features?

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
It seems like the devs are keeping quiet about whether certain features from DPPt are coming back. All we've seen the characters do is walk around, and battle (without the interface being visible). With the new games resembling LGPE as much as ORAS or even SwSh. And even ORAS cut its Battle Frontier. I am quite concerned that it might cut out a lot in the name of 'accessibility and simplicity', or simply to get the game out by Christmas.

How crucial would you say that each of these things are to the re-make?

• Dungeon puzzles (moving boulders and stuff, possibly with a workaround so that you don't need HMs)
  • Gym Puzzles
  • Held Items and Abilities
  • Contests & Poffins
  • The Underground
  • Distortion World & Looker postgame
  • Full Battle Frontier
  • Villas
  • Wi-Fi Plaza minigames
  • Poketch features
  • In-Game GTS
  • Great Marsh Safari Zone
  • National Dex

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
PokéRadar Shiny chaining. Bonus points if it's compatible with shiny charm to boost the chances further. I want to shiny hunt more female shiny Shinx lol

Leonhart

Imagineer
I personally doubt that the Wi-Fi Plaza will return, or rather I should say that I just found it to be really pointless the first time around. Out of all the Platinum version gimmicks, that was the most redundant one from my viewpoint given the various limitations put in place, as well as the mini-games just not being that fun in general.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
  • Dungeon puzzles (moving boulders and stuff, possibly with a workaround so that you don't need HMs): as long as it’s faster and less tedious than the originals, I’d welcome them. Sinnoh does exploration the best so I’d say it’s crucial to the games
  • Gym Puzzles: IIRC the other remakes kept the same or very similar/fitting Gym Puzzles so I’d expect the same thing here. I like the Gym puzzles here but I don’t think they’re crucial.
  • Held Items and Abilities: absolute must. They can’t use the excuse of LGPE with the originals not having Held Items/Abilities so they’re very crucial especially since there’s going to be online aspects
  • Contests & Poffins: both are part of the region’s identity (especially Poffins) so I’d say they’re crucial though I think a lot of people wouldn’t care about Contests being cut
  • The Underground: already showed to return so it’s clearly crucial enough to them
  • Distortion World & Looker postgame: Both definitely should be. DW in 3D sounds so cool and it helps flesh out Giratina . Looker has been in every game from Platinum to USUM so he clearly is in GF’s mind so why exclude him from his debut region?
  • Full Battle Frontier: Unpopular opinion but I wouldn’t care if it’s gone. It’s a neat feature but not one that’s vital to my enjoyment. After ORAS, I doubt it’ll return but we’ll see. If it doesn’t, I hope they give us something as plentiful:
  • Villas: Not crucial but I’d expect it. The customization and bits of world building from the important NPCs would be welcomed.
  • Wi-Fi Plaza minigames: Would be nice but ultimately mot crucial. Could see it coming back but I wouldn’t lose sleep over it being gone.
  • Poketch features: The Poketch is still on their designs so they’ve have to had found some work around due to the lack of 2 screens. Getting the Poketch is one of the first things you thing in your journey and the features remain useful throughout your journey so I’d say it’s crucial.
  • In-Game GTS: Doubt it. It was a novelty for the series but with Home I could see it being gone:
  • Great Marsh Safari Zone: It’s the main attraction to Pastoria besides Wake and his Gym so I’d say it’s crucial. It also has a plot point involving Galactic.
  • National Dex: Crucial? No. Should it be in? Debatable. Would it be welcomed? Yes.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
PokéRadar Shiny chaining. Bonus points if it's compatible with shiny charm to boost the chances further. I want to shiny hunt more female shiny Shinx lol
I hope if that does return, that the chains won't break if you accidentally run into another Pokemon. It's why I never bothered to give it another try after having a 42 Pokemon chain break.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I remember searching the internet like crazy to learn how chaining works. I even copied a guide from here and print it just so I could visualize better. Crazy days

Another feature I forgot: the pokéball seals.

Maybe they could even evolve it making seals that let you customize your balls. Caught a pokémon with an ultraball but want it to look like a Premium Ball? Use the seal.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The Underground is already confirmed, you see them walking around in it in the trailer. I most want them to keep Contest, the Gym Puzzles (or at least new ones that are similarly puzzling), the Distortion World, the Poketch, the Pokeradar, and field moves (the HMs of the original, but implemented differently like Secret Techniques in LGPE).

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I’d guess the Platinum Dex plus new evolutions (like Sylveon) and some pre and post Sinnoh mons including regional forms so ones not in the old games.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
It's not really a feature but please give us the mythical Pokemon like Darkrai and Shaymin the same way as in the originals by having extra places for theme. Preferable without the items you have to download to get them.

They should make a Giratina episode as post-game content. Like why not? Most obvious thing to do as extra content. They can also expand the Heatran one. Regigigas can be handled like in the Crown Tundra by catching the regis in the games without that restriction.

Cool Rafe

Cold & Anti-social
I say it every game it seems but please have a VS seeker. I really get less out of a game when I realise there's only the league I can battle in the post game.
THIS. At least give us something like the Trainer's Eye of RSE / ORAS.

NeoDude-5000

I say it every game it seems but please have a VS seeker. I really get less out of a game when I realise there's only the league I can battle in the post game.
That is literally best way to battle trainers again. Well that and Trainer's Eye in Ruby and Sapphire and the remakes, but you have to wait mostly.

Aetius

I suppose the most prominent features will return, but I doubt that the Battle Frontier will
It's a shame, really

Flamer

It's not really a feature but please give us the mythical Pokemon like Darkrai and Shaymin the same way as in the originals by having extra places for theme. Preferable without the items you have to download to get them.

They should make a Giratina episode as post-game content. Like why not? Most obvious thing to do as extra content. They can also expand the Heatran one. Regigigas can be handled like in the Crown Tundra by catching the regis in the games without that restriction.
I really like this idea. The Delta Episode was one of my favourite parts of ORAS, would love to seem something similar with Giratina this time round

Interested to see how they incorporate the PokeTech. Was a big feature of the originals, but very DS specific.

Glad to see the Underground back. At the time the base building was a bit of a let down after RSE, preferred bases being on the actual routes, but still spent way too much time down there digging up fossils and improving my base. Would be nice to get the Villa too, maybe with some more customisation options

Another I'm very keen for is Mega Evolutions. Pretty disappointed they scraped them completely from SwSh. There's not been many for Gen 4 Pokemon, so could be a great chance to introduce some new ones.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I want to add that if Poffin creation returns, by necessity all of the Berries up to Generation IV will return too, since the highest-quality Poffins require those Berries that haven't been seen for quite a while (the Spelon family, wich also includes Watmel, Belue, Durin, and Pamtre). The second-highest-quality Poffins would be important too, since they're much easier to find when still going through the game and also use Berries not seen since...Pokémon X and Y, I believe (the Cornn family, which also includes Magost, Rabuta, and Nomel).

Sorry. I was a Berry collector in the games that had a wide variety of them, and I am a bit annoyed that some were cut out.

Rapiido

Everything from DP, save for the GTS most likely.

Not getting any hopes up for a battle frontier or distortion world, and not sure why people are expecting them at all. There was no Crystal content in HGSS (Suicune encounters barely count), or Emerald content in ORAS, not seeing why this one would have Platinum content.

I agree with above posters about doing expanded storylines for Giratina, Heatran, etc. since that's expanding on something already in the games.

Platinum dex expansion MAYBE, but not getting any hopes up until I see more confirmation than a Porygon-Z in battle out of context. I'm reusing my original Pearl team anyway so it's not like it'll affect me though.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Not getting any hopes up for a battle frontier or distortion world, and not sure why people are expecting them at all. There was no Crystal content in HGSS (Suicune encounters barely count), or Emerald content in ORAS, not seeing why this one would have Platinum content.

Wrong. HGSS didn't just have the Suicune encounters, but also the Battle Tower, Buena's Password, and the extra Unown puzzles in Ruins of Alph. Pretty much the only major Crystal content missing is the Odd Egg. ORAS yes, there's not a lot of Emerald content in ORAS, but HGSS is pretty much Gold/Silver + Crystal + even more, and a lot of fans tend to view HGSS as the gold standard (no pun intended) because of it and want more remakes like it.