• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most important returning features?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I don't know how this would work but I'd like the Clefairy bonus game from the slot games to somehow return.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I don't know how this would work but I'd like the Clefairy bonus game from the slot games to somehow return.

Not gonna happen, given the tighter restrictions on gambling content. Including the Game Corner would mean an automatic 12+ or T rating, which the developers and TPCi obviously do not want on such a family-friendly franchise like Pokemon. In OR/AS, they closed the Mauville Game Corner to comply with the anti-gambling requirement, so I'm expecting the same for the Veilstone Game Corner.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
What was likely meant by a "seeking system" is a GTS counterpart, as the GTS allows you to search for specific Pokémon people put up. As for the removal of certain moves, I don't have an explanation for all of them, but those two I do: Pursuit was likely removed due to its use running amok; it caused usage of Psychic-types in head-to-head battling to plummet due to most of them having rather low Defense (and may have done some damage to Ghost-types too), while Hidden Power was likely removed due to problems with how it interacts with Dynamax.

If you ask me, Hidden Power was merely a stopgap, and a faulty one at that: It's a special attack with no physical counterpart, Fairy was excluded from it, and it would provide everything with every type. As much as one can fault Game Freak for Sword and Shield, they took the time to expand various Pokémon's available moves for wider coverage, one by one, which is the solution that should've happened in the first place.
Plus Hidden Power was outside of a few very specific circumstances not worth going through the trouble getting the right one (especially on legendaries). With only 60 base power, no side effect, and usually no STAB, it only really did anything when hitting 4x super effective. Hidden Power was also far too complicated and obscure in how it's determined for most players. To me it falls into the line of old obscure event moves (like Wish Lickilicky or Heal Bell Dragonite), could be good in the right circumstances but far too much of a pain practically to bother outside of hacked mons or simulators.

amoebo

amoeboVGC
Honey trees, auto-repel, being able to see natures/ivs/evs on the menu, toggled EXP share, B/W EXP grade, DexNav. Everything else should remain the same as the base game. Dynamax dens are almost certainly there but are kinda mid.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Honey trees, auto-repel, being able to see natures/ivs/evs on the menu, toggled EXP share, B/W EXP grade, DexNav. Everything else should remain the same as the base game. Dynamax dens are almost certainly there but are kinda mid.
I dont see Dynamax dens being in the game..

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Full National Dex: Nope, not happening.
Seeking system: Whadaya even mean?
National dex is great for completion purposes. Nuff said.

Second: I actually meant like GTS from the 3DS games and pokemon home on mobile. In Sword and Shield, if you phone is not with you...then you can't set trade terms on the Switch Y-COMM except link trades or offer a Wonder Trade. Being able to use GTS/HOME style deposits and set terms for what you are looking/seeking for is a essential feature Y-COMM Is almost junk.

Why you ask
I'm seeing wonder trades being flooded with mons like Fletchling and other beginner critters in X and Y.

Pikipek, Grubbin, and Rattata, Wingull and Yungoos are also flooding Wonder Trades in sun and moon.

Sword and Shield is full of Skvowet and Rookiedee.

Last edited:

J. D. Guy

Oh yeah, and one thing I'd like to see them do from here on out is the Remote PC. I went back to Ultra Moon to get an Alolan Raichu I could nickname; I hadn't realized how spoiled I was with the Remote PC until I played a Pokémon game without one.
This is so very true.

This level of convenience just cannot be beat, even for folks like myself who's first game was Red/Blue/Yellow.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
If they do return, I hope that they're less of a hassle to use and don't have to be removed from the Ball Capsules when depositing a Pokemon into the PC.
Maybe, a Ball Capsule style save function, in that you can create you own styles and save them, and then apply them quickly on any Pokeball.

As for the "removal of Ball Capsules when depositing a Pokemon into the PC", i think that part would stay, because its linked to the "Trade Function" (i mean, since it possible trade a Pokemon directly from the PC, so it would probably be needed to remove the Ball Capsule on it, but maybe this time it would be Automatic).

- Fairy-type
- Infinite TMs
- No HMs
- Automatic (or, at least, toggable) Exp. Share
...Yeah, that's all, II can't think of anything else.
- Fairy-type would have to be added, considering they did add Steel type in the LGFR remakes, and made Dark type accessible post League.
- Infinite usage TM's would probably be included, since its normal now.
- I don't think they would remove HM's though, they are probably going to make a return somehow, or atleast the HM's moves are going to return maybe as TM's
- "no comment"

WalesNote

Everything from Platinum, and the important stuff from later gens.

But I bet something will go wrong somewhere, and then we'll be sad.
Really wish they would remake the third game in each gen. It's been going downhill since gen 3 remakes.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
The underground needs to be done similar to the PSS in gen 6.

More importantly, we need platinum's expanded dex. We need more fire types than just ponyta's line.
Actually there was the Magmar line. and depending if you have a spare Eevee then there is Flareon by obtaining a Fire Stone.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
I'm just gonna copy and paste the list with my added comments.
  • Dungeon puzzles - I'm sure they will be there, maybe a bit different without HMs
  • Gym Puzzles - Gym's should always have some kind of puzzle.
  • Held Items and Abilities - yes, I can't imagine them not having this.
  • Contests & Poffins - personally, I need these. I've always like contests more than gyms haha.
  • The Underground - meh, not super important, but they'd have to replace it with something else.
  • Distortion World & Looker postgame - maybe a different post game, but I'd miss Looker.
  • Full Battle Frontier - I'm not sure if this is returning.
  • Villas - same as up
  • Wi-Fi Plaza minigames - this would be fun, but unneeded
  • Poketch features - same as up
  • In-Game GTS - with Pokemon Home, this feels unnecessary
  • Great Marsh Safari Zone - yes please
  • National Dex - also yes please

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I LOVE the VS Seeker. Exp AND money at the same time. I utilized this so much, I was rich in Platinum.

Also, I really hope they keep the fact that you can complete the regional Dex by battling all the trainers. Some trainers were on hard-to-reach areas and they have rare Pokemon on their team. Nowadays, the regional Dex can only be completed by evolving and trading Pokemon. For a huge region like Galar, there was surprisingly a huge lack of trainers to battle.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I LOVE the VS Seeker. Exp AND money at the same time. I utilized this so much, I was rich in Platinum.

Also, I really hope they keep the fact that you can complete the regional Dex by battling all the trainers. Some trainers were on hard-to-reach areas and they have rare Pokemon on their team. Nowadays, the regional Dex can only be completed by evolving and trading Pokemon. For a huge region like Galar, there was surprisingly a huge lack of trainers to battle.

I loved it too, for rematches especially.

I was wondering about the lack of trainers. To be honest, I wondered if it was time related.