• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most important returning features?

Luthor

OR/AS retained exactly the same in-game trades from Ruby/Sapphire, so I'm expecting the same D/P/Pt trades to be retained for BD/SP. Cue the rage surrounding Mindy and her infamous Everstone-holding Haunter!

True but the HeartGold and SoulSilver trades did add some more trades than the Gold and silver trades. Let's go game trades were different to most other Kanto trades so its not impossible for there to be further trades added or significant changes.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
True but the HeartGold and SoulSilver trades did add some more trades than the Gold and silver trades. Let's go game trades were different to most other Kanto trades so its not impossible for there to be further trades added or significant changes.

I see. I often forget that HG/SS added extra trades that weren't in Gen 2, but D/P/Pt had very minimal trades like R/S/E did, which I imagine will be completely copied in BD/SP because of that "faithful remakes" claim. It's why I fear the game will mostly be shot-for-shot recreation of D/P and retain almost all its in-game traits.

Luthor

I see. I often forget that HG/SS added extra trades that weren't in Gen 2, but D/P/Pt had very minimal trades like R/S/E did, which I imagine will be completely copied in BD/SP because of that "faithful remakes" claim. It's why I fear the game will mostly be shot-for-shot recreation of D/P and retain almost all its in-game traits.

I do see why you are saying that. I'm more in hope than expectation for more in-game trades as not completely impossible.

Ultra Beast Lover

I'm not really that familiar with everyone's gender pronouns here...
Eh it was an ok guess when you consider how one might associate a username with a certain gender. Besides, the point still stands, they tend to speak highly of HM slaves and they don't always consider the drawbacks like the fact that they take up at least one slot on your team meaning you're even more limited in how you can put your team together.

Orphalesion

Um, what? In case you haven't noticed, I'm a girl, so why do you keep saying "he"?:mad:o_O
I lost my psychic abilities when I was seven years old, so I'm no longer able to magically tell the gender identities of people across the internet if the forum doesn't list them and their username, title, profile picture and signature gives no clues to them.
So no, I haven't noticed.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Sooo...

Platinum Dex: Highly, highly likely considering everything we've seen in the trailers (including wild Houndoom).
Ball Capsules: Check.
Underground: Expanded upon! Great!
Character customarization: Returning from newer Generations. Okay.
PalPark (seen on the map): Okay.. Not sure what function it will have when we have HOME.

Platinum Battle Frontier: Gone. Honestly, that sucks but was to be expected. The Battle Tower is just boring at this point and they had an opportunity to do something more with some of the most undershowcased characters of the franchise..

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
My biggest ask for ball capsules that can be stored in the PC. Having to remove the stickers before boxing a Pokemon was annoying.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Sooo...

Platinum Dex: Highly, highly likely considering everything we've seen in the trailers (including wild Houndoom).
Ball Capsules: Check.
Underground: Expanded upon! Great!
Character customarization: Returning from newer Generations. Okay.
PalPark (seen on the map): Okay.. Not sure what function it will have when we have HOME.

Platinum Battle Frontier: Gone. Honestly, that sucks but was to be expected. The Battle Tower is just boring at this point and they had an opportunity to do something more with some of the most undershowcased characters of the franchise..

What I find interesting is that Pokémon Masters (EX) has recently added in Frontier Brains as characters. I believe both the Hoenn and Sinnoh ones were included. Considering they were completely absent from the "Gotcha!" music video (conspicuously so considering more obscure characters like the Battle Chatelaines were in there), I'm guessing this is recent acknowledgement that the fans value the Battle Frontier and the characters in them.

Locormus

My biggest ask for ball capsules that can be stored in the PC. Having to remove the stickers before boxing a Pokemon was annoying.

Was the biggest reason not to use them. Granted, I'm not all that for style-options, but I liked the smokey ones.. :p

What I find interesting is that Pokémon Masters (EX) has recently added in Frontier Brains as characters. I believe both the Hoenn and Sinnoh ones were included. Considering they were completely absent from the "Gotcha!" music video (conspicuously so considering more obscure characters like the Battle Chatelaines were in there), I'm guessing this is recent acknowledgement that the fans value the Battle Frontier and the characters in them.

That's just a sidegame though. It'been clear for a while that GF is trying to get the games to be easier and a lack of a regular challenge or a challenging frontier reflects that.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
That's just a sidegame though. It'been clear for a while that GF is trying to get the games to be easier and a lack of a regular challenge or a challenging frontier reflects that.
The fact remains that they're in there at all after a long time of complete absence in any official material at all. It's a small step, but I see it as a step towards bringing back the Battle Frontier.

Locormus

The fact remains that they're in there at all after a long time of complete absence in any official material at all. It's a small step, but I see it as a step towards bringing back the Battle Frontier.

Seeing how the BDSP-overworld drawn map doesn't have the Battle Frontier, but only the Battle Tower I honestly think it's too late for them at this point. Which is sad.

Julia Artemis

I know lots of people wanted the Battle Frontier and the expanded dex in these games and at least we got one of these. However just remembered about the Platinum move tutors. Do you think these will return in this game?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I just want the Platinum Dex with a couple more additions, have the Great Marsh get the ORAS Safari Zone treatment, a place similar to the Wild Area, and a more streamlined way to make Poffins.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I know lots of people wanted the Battle Frontier and the expanded dex in these games and at least we got one of these. However just remembered about the Platinum move tutors. Do you think these will return in this game?

I think the move tutors from Platinum will be included, and possibly the list of moves will be expanded. The only purpose of the shards in DP was to buy the 4 weather TMs and nothing else.

And speaking of TMs, I'm curious if it will follow the original or use SWSH. Also curious if we'll get TRs.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I think the move tutors from Platinum will be included, and possibly the list of moves will be expanded. The only purpose of the shards in DP was to buy the 4 weather TMs and nothing else.

And speaking of TMs, I'm curious if it will follow the original or use SWSH. Also curious if we'll get TRs.

I wonder if any of them will be moves not available in Sword and Shield. This most recent video had a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment where a Pokémon knows Return, which means at minimum, this move will return (no pun intended).

This might pave the way for the return of Hidden Power as well to account for Unown. Not sure if Unown will be available here though.