• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Important Things To You In Competitive Battling?

BlazingCold

Moves and items.

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
A plan, and a back-up plan.

pambihirang_nilalang

epic AWESOMENESS!
a strong lead and a reliable wall

MasterLucario

No life till leather
Entry hazards and a reliable poke I know I can sweep with later in the game.

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
1: Making sure all of the pokemon on my team can cover each other's weaknesses
2: Having good move coverage/team support for each member, depending on their role
3: Making sure I can destroy weather teams because they're making the metagame a hassle for those who prefer not to rely on it.

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
Synergy. You don't have it, you lose.

TrollFreak

Pit is Awesome :P
most important thing in Compo battling is knowing what metagame your playing in and how to make good teams in that metagame

LinksOcarina

The true master
Synergy of the pokemon, and a viable strategy that fits them all together.

An individual pokemon can fend off a team, but a team of pokemon is more dangerous if it works together. Sometimes you need to take a risk in things too, but when they work the rewards are great, so don't underestimate viable strategies and possible ways to counter them.