• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Improved Pokemon of this Generation

Ilan

Politoed and Ninetales for sure but it annoys me that Gamefreak didn't give the weather abilities to other needy pokemon but gave them to these two

Cause if arcanaine,chandelure, entei or darmanitan could bring sun or kingdra,vaporeon, gyarados could bring rain they will be damn powerful so they choose some sub par pokemons to make them useable and balanced so people will use them.

I think that if they would give drizzle only to magikarp and drought only to sunkren they both would be OU XD

Has Magic Bounce Xatu been mentioned? In DPPt, it was in NU, but it now can function in Ubers due to its ability to reflect entry hazards and status.

okiri

I would say Gliscor with its new DW Ability also Blaziken, he went all they to Ubers didnt he? Politoed went from nobody to hero this gen.

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
Well, anything that has got a decent DW Ability has improved really.

But people have mentioned them already, so I'm gonna be a baws and mention something that isn't obvious: Dugtrio. Yep, with the huge spike in weather teams, winning the weather war has become very important. Dugtrio's ability to trap the opponent, along with it's high speed, decent attack and STAB Earthquake, means it can quite easily win the game for you, with the right prediction.

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
Well, anything that has got a decent DW Ability has improved really.

But people have mentioned them already, so I'm gonna be a baws and mention something that isn't obvious: Dugtrio. Yep, with the huge spike in weather teams, winning the weather war has become very important. Dugtrio's ability to trap the opponent, along with it's high speed, decent attack and STAB Earthquake, means it can quite easily win the game for you, with the right prediction.
I love Dugtrio in this gen. Tyranitar? No prob. Ninetails? No prob. Politoed? Run Reversal and you got it. and then once the weather starter is out, Memento will give your next mon a turn of easy set-up.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
I love Dugtrio in this gen. Tyranitar? No prob. Ninetails? No prob. Politoed? Run Reversal and you got it. and then once the weather starter is out, Memento will give your next mon a turn of easy set-up.

Reversal will not allow you to beat a defensive politoed. Dugtrio didn't itself improve this generation, though it just became more "useful" due to the prevalence of Sand and to a lesser extent Sun. So I personally am not sure for Dugtrio especially because it really doesn't help at all outside of beating Sun/Sand starters and is easily killed by well, any attack with its abysmall defenses. But winning weather wars can be a huge part of any game so theres that too.

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
Reversal will not allow you to beat a defensive politoed. Dugtrio didn't itself improve this generation, though it just became more "useful" due to the prevalence of Sand and to a lesser extent Sun. So I personally am not sure for Dugtrio especially because it really doesn't help at all outside of beating Sun/Sand starters and is easily killed by well, any attack with its abysmall defenses. But winning weather wars can be a huge part of any game so theres that too.

It doesn't even hit hard enough to kill any of them if they're defensive. Except, maybe Ninetails. And then they live and KO with Scald/Ice Beam.

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
as did ninetales
cloyster has really improved with shell smash

Cloysters gotten easier to Counter lately. When he first came out, he was very hard to take on. At least for me.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Cause if arcanaine,chandelure, entei or darmanitan could bring sun or kingdra,vaporeon, gyarados could bring rain they will be damn powerful so they choose some sub par pokemons to make them useable and balanced so people will use them.

I think that if they would give drizzle only to magikarp and drought only to sunkren they both would be OU XD

I know, but why not Golduck, or Whiscash, or Flareon, or Rapidash anyway Sableye has done wonders in UU

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
About Nidoking, and I believe it has been said before, it is hard to just slap him onto a team and keep that team synergized with his weaknesses

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
dragonite got a disturbing amount of toys this gen, also xatu, sableye and tangrowth.
Eviolite gave us tangela, porygon 2 and chansey as well.
Not to mention blaiziken.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I also think that Blaziken is underrated in 5th gen.

Gavman87

I'm not the boss
Machamp definitely got a boost with no guard.

Vivian

Slowbro, with regenerator, ditto, sableye, ninetales, politoed, murkrow ( prankster + eviolite), espeon, xatu.

Machamp had No Guard since 4gen.