• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most improved Pokemon with an evolution in fouth gen

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
Because there are alot of evolutions of previous Pokemon in fourth gen, which one do you think was most needed?I think Tangrowth and Probobass where huge improvements compared to Tangela and Nosepass.

caterpie_is_awesome_123

Paramore & Hayley<3
yanmega probably.. i dont think nosepass because it got a horrible typing :p

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
When it comes to who needed an evo the most, probably Togekiss. Togetic was not very useful in comparison. Also, I really like Magmortar too, but I'm not sure I would say Magmar needed it, because I never used Magmar before. (Mostly because I think Magmar is unattractive. And before the Magmortar haters say something, I personally think Magmortar's face is infectious.)

Skydra

Togekiss was probably the best improved. Mostly my bias because I have a Level 100 one, but all the same, it's way better than Togetic.

Falconx03

Legendary
When it comes to who needed an evo the most, probably Togekiss. Togetic was not very useful in comparison. Also, I really like Magmortar too, but I'm not sure I would say Magmar needed it, because I never used Magmar before. (Mostly because I think Magmar is unattractive. And before the Magmortar haters say something, I personally think Magmortar's face is infectious.)

I just finished making a post in the "Pokemon you wish never existed" thread about Magmortar. I love Electivire but Magmortar is just hideous.

Gen IV Evolutions that I dislike are: Ambipom, Honchkrow, Gliscor, Probopass, Lickilicky, Porygon-Z, Magmortar,

Gen IV Evolutions that I like are: Mismagius, Weavile, Gallade, Magnezone, Yanmega, Rhyperior, Dusknoir, Electivire, Froslass

Gen IV Evolutions I am neutral to: Leafeon, Glaceon, Tangrowth, Mamoswine,

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
I like Magmoartar. I like it better than Electrevire for sure, Magmoartar is probally my favorite fire type. Oh, also Ambipom was also needed, though thats my most hated fourth gen Pokemon.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I think Sneasel's evolution was the most necessary. It became so much more useful this generation with Weavile. A lot fo this is due to the physical-special split, which finally allowed it to have physical double STAB.

So yeah, Sneasel gained a lot this generation.

Larry

Weavile. Mamoswine, Electivire, and Togekiss became much more powerful than their earlier evolutions were.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
mismagius, yanmega, and tangrowth. I have a level 100 tangrowth in soul silver. It's awesome!

ChedWick

I'd probably go with Sneasel --> Weavile. Weavile became a pretty powerful asset to my Platinum team.

Also going with the magmortar haters. If I wanted gawk at a creature with guns for hands I'd watch/play transformers.

Dattebayo

Banned
Those who are currently in OU, the rest failed to make their previous evolution forms better.

I'd say Sneasel, Togetic, Yanma, Kirlia got the best imporved evolutions.

Especially Kirlia... Gardevoir is terrible but Gallade is awesome. Before Gardevoir fans lynch me. I had a Ralts and then Kirlia in 3rd gen... it fainted 80% of the time. When it became Gardevoir it was no different. It got the same treatment as the rest of my team and the nature was in its favour so there's no excuse for such a S*it pokemon.

My shiny Gallade however wins 80% of the time so much imporved. And it's a neutral nature so there.

I don't think Rhydon, Magmar ot electabuzz needed the evos. I'm never evolving either of my team Rhydon, Magmar or Electabuzz.