• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most/Least Favorite pre-BW Team Rocket centered episode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
My favorite is a tie between Go West, Young Meowth, Ignorance is Blissey, and Meowth Rules!. All of them expand their characters, have development, backstories that don't rely onmelodrama or angst, and were well written.

As for my least, Noodles: Roamin' Off!.

LizardonX

Banned
You mean we have to choose from every single filler and most of the non fillers as well?

Favorite: The episode where they bought a real rocket.
Least favorite: Any jessie centered ep.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Holy Matrimony is the best, I'll have to think about the worst.
(For The Love of Meowth! is not counted, I've yet to see it.)

Regality

Digital King
Pokemon Mewtwo Strikes Back.

Not an episode, not all of Team Rocket, but just Meowth and what he said stole the show.

“We do have a lot in common.
The same air, the same Earth, the same sky.
Maybe if we started looking at
what's the same instead of
always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?”

Meowth

k6666

Pikachu Fan
every episode in OS who involved TR is the most favorite one :D i laugh so hard when i re-watch OS series again
the AG-DP TR monet is just broing repetitive except the TR pokemon release episode

Most of their emotional eps in the OS like "Go West, Young Meowth," "Holy Matrimony," "Ignorance is Blissey," and such are my most favorite prior to BW Team Rocket.

Also, they were actually hilarious in the first season of AG and sadly after that started becoming repetitive and boring. Like in "Seeing is Believing," where James as well as Meowth were trying to avoid incurring Jessie's wrath, and that episode where James has a meltdown in the cave with Aron...those were priceless, IMO.

DP Team Rocket was mostly bad, but had a few excellent episodes, like "Once There Were Greenfields" and "Crossing Paths." Other than those eps, DP TRio has my least favorite set of episodes prior to BW Team Rocket.

"Noodles: Roamin' Off!" is probably my least favorite episode of them. "For the Love of Meowth!" is my second least favorite.

Last edited:

KanashiiCurry

Max Ether
I liked Holy Matrimony and Ignorance is Blissey. We really got to go deeper into their characters. Oh, and that episode where Jessie and Misty competed in that Princess contest--what James, Meowth, and the Pokemon did for Jessie was so sweet!

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I'll go and do it for the Trio as individuals:

Jessie: Ignorance is Blissey (a rare Episode where Jessie isn't an intolerable hag)
James: The Treasure is All Mine (The original is a classic, but I love the DP Era silliness in this episode)
Meowth: Go West Young Meowth (my favorite Kanto Episode by far and a rare example of how a Team Rocket centric episode doesn't have to be silly)

I pick Sleight of Sand as the worse TR episode. The episode was awful for everyone involved, really.

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
Also, they were actually hilarious in the first season of AG and sadly after that started becoming repetitive and boring. Like in "Seeing is Believing," where James as well as Meowth were trying to avoid incurring Jessie's wrath, and that episode where James has a meltdown in the cave with Aron...those were priceless, IMO.

"Noodles: Roamin' Off!" is probably my least favorite episode of them. "For the Love of Meowth!" is my second least favorite.

Those first two you listed are quite funny, just started FTLOM, agreed on N: RO! (it was painful).

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I don't think I HAVE a least favorite Team Rocket-centered episode, since I love the trio. Holy Matrimony, Meowth Rules, and Dues and Don'ts are some of the best episodes of the series. Probably the weakest is The Treasure is All Mine, but I love any episode where Team Rocket gets to be the center of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.