• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most likely console for the next Kingdom Hearts

Sora_Keyblade_Owner

Ultimate evil grinXD
What console do u think is the most likely for KH3? Sure, many would say PS3 but since Square has stopped making games exclusively for PS3, is the Wii or 360 possible?

BigLutz

Banned
Oh God here we go again. No offense but we did have a discussion about this in the FF13 topic. Truth is no one knows, all we know about it is one little interview in a book released to those that pre ordered K2 FM. In there the creator said that they wanted to use a High Powered Console or something, and a console that they know all about. That basically leaves only the PS3 right now, but we wont know till late May or till the TGS.

Naraku_Diabolos

DNC20/NIN10
Square-Enix sold the KH licenses to Disney Interactive, AND Disney Interactive wants to focus more on Wii and DS. So this, in turn, means that KH3 would be going to the Wii.

Basically because Sony screwed over PS3, Square-Enix is tired of Sony, so FFXIII is Sony's last bit of Final Fantasy. Period.

BigLutz

Banned
Square-Enix sold the KH licenses to Disney Interactive, AND Disney Interactive wants to focus more on Wii and DS. So this, in turn, means that KH3 would be going to the Wii.

Basically because Sony screwed over PS3, Square-Enix is tired of Sony, so FFXIII is Sony's last bit of Final Fantasy. Period.

For one is there any proof of this, I have asked this before, finding nothing that this has happened. Not to mention that it has already been said by the Creator of Kingdom Hearts that he is about to work on the next one. Your post is just mainly BS man with out a link or proof.

Sora_Keyblade_Owner

Ultimate evil grinXD
Nah i dont think a game as epic as KH3 will come out on the DS. Itll be cool on the Wii but I dont Square will go for the least graphically powerful console.

azurill

Oh goody,KH is a surprisingly good game but I'm tired of all this.Why don't people understand that KH3 may not even be a game,but a movie instead.

Hao Kaiser

Aww... Crap.
Oh goody,KH is a surprisingly good game but I'm tired of all this.Why don't people understand that KH3 may not even be a game,but a movie instead.

Uh... Because no one's that stupid? Geez, where do you people come up with these crack-pot theorys? Why would the two first installments of a franchise be games, and then the third a movie?

Anyways, I'm thinking 360. It's got more of a user base, and it's more powerful than the Wii, and more finanacially sound than the PS3.

Hao Kaiser

Aww... Crap.

Uh... Because no one's that stupid? Geez, where do you people come up with these crack-pot theorys? Why would the two first installments of a franchise be games, and then the third a movie?

Anyways, I'm thinking 360. It's got more of a user base, and it's more powerful than the Wii, and more finanacially sound than the PS3.

Black/Light

In a recent interview, Tetsuya Nomura let slip a few details about the next game in the Kingdom Hearts series. While details about this new project are few and should be viewed skeptically, Nomura did state that it is not Kingdom Hearts III. It is, instead, a side-story to Sora's tale.

Part of the focus of this new story, Nomura stated, will be the events that led to Mickey possessing a keyblade, and what took place in the World of Darkness. Nomura also wants to focus on developing the character of Roxas.

Concerning platform, Nomura mentioned the PlayStation Portable, the Nintendo DS, and cell phones. He also pointed out that the official announcement had not yet occurred, but that it might come in the near future.
http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2007/043007b.html

. . . .Take it how you what, May 12th most likely = clear this up day. . .

Mewtoo

SPPF's Castlevanic
If it was for the PS3, few would buy a $600 console for a few games. If it came out for the Wii, I don't think I would personally care about how the graphics are a little bit less crisp and defined as the PS3 or 360. And I don't think this game would be directed to a somewhat more mature audience, owners of the 360. 360 fanboys will then commence in bashing this game for not being the Halo shootan they have been waiting for.

A movie would still be cool.

Kez

Hoenn Champion
Well, considering the title of this thread, the next Kingdom Hearts game is going to be a spin-off game/series. Plus, it has been stated that the game is going to be on a handheld console. Plus, the gameplay is going to be different, so this might mean that it is going to be on the DS, although it is not the only co nsole that can have different styles of gameplay. I just hope that it is not for the Mobile Phone because PAL regions will never get it.

As for Kingdom Hearts III, we will just have to see if Square Enix reveals anything at their perty in may.

Fangirl

If it was for the PS3, few would buy a $600 console for a few games.

You have NO idea what the rabid fanpeople would and would not do. Take into account the number of people who are vying for a KH2 FM+ release outside of Japan. These people are hellbent on spending 60 dollars on a game that for all extensive purposes is not really much different than its predecessor. A handful of new cutscenes, a few extra side quests and battles, and a new costume for one world. A logical person would not deem this worth buying a new game for (even Re: CoM should be rentable at best since the only new thing about it is it's migration to 3D) and yet fans all over the world are drooling like horny schoolgirls over it.

Personally, if KH3 comes to PS3, which I fully see (note that I say KH3, and not the inevitable side plot we're bound to get [ala CoM style I'm sure, shudder gag]), the platform will see a spike in sales.

The PS3 is familiar, powerful, and in the end Squeenix is still arguably loyal to it (FFXIII maintained at least partial exclusivity, didn't it?). I'm far from saying we won't see KH3 on other platforms, but whether exclusive or multi-platform, the PS3 is going to get it in SOME fashion.

azurill

It has been stated that KH3 may not come in a game form.

Kez

Hoenn Champion
It has been stated that KH3 may not come in a game form.
Could you please give me a link to back up this information? I am sure that Nomura has stated that KHIII will be a game. I remember his saying something about how Sora might not have as big a part in the game.

ebil joey

Nah i dont think a game as epic as KH3 will come out on the DS. Itll be cool on the Wii but I dont Square will go for the least graphically powerful console.

it would be a good idea to have a chain of memories 2 for ds though.but....personally i dont really like the fact that its card battle.but i still beat it though.

Fangirl

it would be a good idea to have a chain of memories 2 for ds though.but....personally i dont really like the fact that its card battle.but i still beat it though.

There isn't going to be a Chain of Memories 2. I'm sure we'll get another side plot but there isn't a snowball's chance it hell it'll be 'Chain of Memories 2'. The story to CoM cannot be elaborated on. Sora forgot Castle Oblivion when his memories were reconstructed, Riku's journey through the castle has been elaborated to the fullest, Mickey was only there in spirit, and the entire Organization has been slaughtered. So unless we're going to devote an entire game to Namine's punk arse and her struggle in the castle (in which case it wouldn't be 'CoM 2' anyway since it wouldn't be a sequel), the next happy little spinoff isn't going to have CRAP to do with CoM. It's not even going to share a name since the entire 'Chain of Memories' bit is in reference to Namine taking apart and rearranging Sora's memories like links in a chain, and how he was then bound by these falsified memories.

To my knowledge the story of the upcoming game focuses on Mickey and the Keyblade and/or Roxas anyway. So no. No chain of Memories 2.

That being said, if they really are intent on cranking out another handheld sideplot, the DS would be an amusing medium. I just hope they'd make use of the Touch Screen in a clever manner if we do see it come to light.