• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most memorable moments you had whilst watching/playing Pokemon

HolyNova Lucario

Average as average can be
One of my most memorable moments was when I watches Pokemon for the first time. I still remember the day when I was sitting on the couch with my cousin watching Pokemon. The colours and action really got me hooked on it from then on. So what are your most memorable moments?

About the anime, probably one of the most memorable moments was the St. Anne episode trilogy and "Bye bye Butterfree". The first one because they show us how the trainers exchange pokemon and the whole Gyarados thing. And the second, well, was emotional at the time.

Omega Sapphire

Be me, 14, obsessed with shiny hunting.

Here I am casually strolling along in Pearl when..BAM. SHINY ROSELIA. I LOVE ROSELIA IT'S ONE OF MY FAVORITE POKEMON!

5 minutes later..BAM. SHINY SHELLOS EAST. I LOVE SHELLOS EAST (but not you..nasty Shellos West) IT'S ALSO ONE OF MY FAVORITE POKEMON!

I'm not even lying when I say this: I crapped my pants.

ThisIsPatrick

When I was I think 5 or 4 I was in the Hospital and I had to pick a Video Tape to watch and I picked Pokemon and the episode was "Bye Bye Butterfree" so me and two other sick kids watched it! It is still to this day my favourite Pokemon episode :D.

Another was when I got FireRed for the first time and I beat the Elite Four and the Champion for the first time it was amazing, I still have the Charizard I had on my team from all those years ago, He's now on Soul Silver.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
For the games, it was beating Giovanni for the eighth badge in Yellow, and fighting Red on top of Mt. Silver. I can't remember if I beat him the first time or not.

For the anime, even though there's a lot I liked as a kid, it's probably seeing the first movie in theaters. These days, when it comes to rewatching the anime, I'm rather pleased at how much I do enjoy it, and it's not just for nostalgic reasons. I also memorized the entire 2.B.A. Master album back in the day. I still know the songs by heart, but some of them I'd have to listen once or twice to get the lyrics down if I don't listen to it often.

MrConfusedTurkey

Watching Johto League's episode with the Houndours (one of my favorite Pokémon). Also, getting my first Pokémon card from my step-brother, which is a cloyster! Beating my first pokémon E4 on Gold version with my absolute favorite Pokémon Totodile, and being able to play old GBC games through the N64 attachment of Pokémon Stadium 2 on the TV - THAT was a ton of fun!

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
Watching the Pokémon anime with my brother when I was younger. Shame he went off it...
One thing I remember the most is watching Arceus and the Jewel of Life with him on Cartoon Network when it was new. And then I found out about EP038 through that movie's Bulbapedia article, but that's another story. *sobs*

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
In the games,making it to the summit of Mt.Ember in FireRed,my first Pokemon game,and capturing Moltres was the most memorable moment.Moltres was the first legendary I had ever caught.I remember seeing it break free from the Ultra Ball,but the following Poke Ball was enough to catch it.
In terms of the anime,"Pallet Party Panic" was the most memorable episode,but sad at the same time.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Catching ho-ho in 2001 new years eve. The ball stopped wriggling at Happy new year.

Man that felt so epic.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Just remembered another one. Post-game Ruby, I was just wandering around Hoenn, not sure for what, exactly. So I was crossing the water on Route 118 when I reached the shore, but decided to turn around for whatever reason. The moment I did, I ran into Latios for the first time. My jaw had dropped then, because it was just so random, and yet so awesome to run into a Pokémon I wasn't familiar with. To think that it probably would've taken me longer to find Latios if I had decided to just land and go on to wherever I was going.

I also swear that I caught Rayquaza on the second PokéBall I threw, but that memory's admittedly fuzzy, and I may have been playing with one of my brothers' versions because I tended to do that.

And this is a memorable moment even though it's frustrating, but my first Shiny was a Ponyta at Mt. Silver in Silver. It was in the morning before I went to school, and I wanted to catch it, but then it fled. Then over ten years later, I was playing SoulSilver and was grinding in Mt. Silver when I ran into a Shiny Rapidash. I caught it by the skin of my teeth, as it was poisoned and had a sliver of health left. I made the connection later after I caught it--even though it's more coincidental than anything.

HM02gon

Waiting...
Catching Zekrom in a Luxary Ball.