• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Misled Pokemon?

Who was misled the hardest?

• Sobble

Votes: 23 63.9%
  • Grookey

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Galarian Ponyta

Votes: 12 33.3%

• Total voters

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
As you've all learned by now, Pokemon Journeys has such a habit of leading us to believe that certain Pokémon will be captured by certain Characters.

The most stand out examples have been Sobble, Galarian Ponyta and Grookey

They put Ash's Voice Clip over a scene of Sobble that was actually directed at G. Farfetch'd.
And put Sobble in a Magazine scan alongside Ash's Pokémon Team

Galarian Ponyta was literally in the OPENING being petted by Chloe and was in Chloe's Lap in an Image.
It even befriended Chloe throughout the Episode

Grookey is an interesting case because it was being teased to be going to Ash at first with the Shiritori ED, and the Artwork of Grookey, Pikachu, Sobble, and Skwovet trying to rearrange Ash and Gou's faces.
Except now we know that it not only already has a Trainer, but also shown in Gou's Lap in new Scans.
No matter WHO Grookey goes to, someone is being Baited lol

For me personally I think the Biggest Bait here was Galarian Ponyta lol

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
As you've all learned by now, Pokemon Journeys has such a habit of leading us to believe that certain Pokémon will be captured by certain Characters.

The most stand out examples have been Sobble, Galarian Ponyta and Grookey

They put Ash's Voice Clip over a scene of Sobble that was actually directed at G. Farfetch'd.
And put Sobble in a Magazine scan alongside Ash's Pokémon Team

Galarian Ponyta was literally in the OPENING being petted by Chloe and was in Chloe's Lap in an Image.
It even befriended Chloe throughout the Episode

Grookey is an interesting case because it was being teased to be going to Ash at first with the Shiritori ED, and the Artwork of Grookey, Pikachu, Sobble, and Skwovet trying to rearrange Ash and Gou's faces.
Except now we know that it not only already has a Trainer, but also shown in Gou's Lap in new Scans.
No matter WHO Grookey goes to, someone is being Baited lol

For me personally I think the Biggest Bait here was Galarian Ponyta lol

I don't think the Ponyta saga is over yet. They aren't going to literally put out a group image with Chloe and Ponyta for it to never appear again. I think that when Chloe and the gang join Leon on this trip to wherever they are going, that she will catch Ponyta.

Anyways, Sobble was the biggest trolling in a long ass time, literally it came out of nowhere smh.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
1 Vote Grookey
1 Vote Galarian Ponyta
3 Votes Sobble

Wow was the Sobble bait really that bad? I barely remember it now...
Technically yes but even I forget that it even happened as most people are pretty much used to Sobble being Go's and I think most are happier to even see it than anything since well... they usually just like the cutesy faces it makes like this
Etdc3RTXAAA8bq_

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Easily Sobble. We were never given anything about Grookey besides that it will eventually show up. Ponyta did appear with Chloe and, unlike Sobble or Grookey, nothing is really getting in the way of it eventually becoming her Pokémon.

Meanwhile Sobble had Ash’s voice clip about a Pokémon coming along playing and it appeared next to his Pokémon on that scan.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Kind of weird having Grookey here because it's still not fully confirmed who is getting it (if at all).

Either way, Sobble is the winner because of that misleading trailer. At the time, even I thought it was going to go to Ash

(had no issue with Goh getting it though. To be honest looking back, I think I prefer it that way)

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
yeah lol sobble is a good way for go to develop. I just wish we got sobble's episode a little sooner though...
also I wonder why people thought ash was going to catch sobble even though the episode prior HE JUST CAUGHT kamon? that's not how they do things anymore
Grookey is up for grabs at the moment - we don't know who it will be going to at all, and it's been teased for the both of them, but nothing too misleading.