• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most-Missed Characters

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
I was just thinking the other day about old characters. Specifically the two that accompanied Ash and Gary as the four new trainers leaving Pallet town in the first episode. These two, although never elaborated on, were mentioned a few times in those first episodes. Their 'legend' was put to rest in one of the training-for-the-Indigo-League episodes, "Showdown at the Poke-Corral", IIRC.

I'm sure these two trainers, the writers thought, didn't need a detailed background, and were never brought in the light. But what if they had been? What if they still do? Anyone think it would be nice to bring them back somehow, even for a two-part episode or something, as real characters? Or is it not worth even thinking about them ever again? And for that matter, is there any past character anyone wants to bring back? I thought it would be nice to see who's most missed and why and all that. Any thoughts here, please.

Chris

Old Coot
When the hell's Hazuki or Jimmy returning? :( They need to come back.

PDL

disenchanted
in before Misty :D

anyway, I guess it would be far too late to introduce Daisy/May Oak (especially since both names have already been taken by somewhat important characters) and Blue/Leaf Green girl...

Raziel

Lively up yourself
I'm sure these two trainers, the writers thought, didn't need a detailed background, and were never brought in the light. But what if they had been? What if they still do? Anyone think it would be nice to bring them back somehow, even for a two-part episode or something, as real characters? Or is it not worth even thinking about them ever again? And for that matter, is there any past character anyone wants to bring back? I thought it would be nice to see who's most missed and why and all that. Any thoughts here, please.

Maybe they weren't succesful, maybe nobody knows where they are, maybe they're still on their journey, who knows.., anyway, I admit it'd be interesting to see them appear in the series in the future, even if only for a few episodes.

As for old characters, Duplica, AJ, Giselle, Richie and Harrison should come back IMO, and they should introduce the Fr/Lg girl ;\

Heracross

Custom User Title
Oh yeah, and while the crew is in Kanto, any old characters from there would be nice. Moron writers.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Well all of Ash's major league rivals I want to see again, but only because I want to see Ash beat them.

And yeah, I really want to see Ash have a league match with Kenta and Brendan. To see the main character of RBY (Ash) Vs. the main GSC guy (Kenta) and R/S guy (Brendan) would be great.

I wonder, why DIDN'T the writers ever have Ash face Kenta or Brendan at a league? They'd certainly be more interesting than the generic rivals they keep making each league.

P

PokeTrainer7783

I miss all the gym leaders in the first season. I wonder what their all doing now?

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
Am I the only one who wants to see that samurai bug-catcher from the fourth episode make a return?

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
I agree with the first post. Seriously, those two need to appear. Way back when it was believed (by me, at least) that Gary started with Eevee, and there were the other trainers in the first movie were from Pallet. But that was put down the gutter when it turned out Gary's starter was Squirtle.

I'm really hoping FR/LG girl turns out to be one of the two. She could be childhood friends with Ash or something. And she could have a Charmander, and the thing could finally get some decent screen time. Or have yet another Bulbasaur! Because two (or three if the two breed) Bulbasaurs aren't enough! :O

And Ash vs. Brendan. Now.

Devilrose

Super Coordinator
I'd love to see Richie return, and maybe an appearance by the Fr/Lg girl. Although I'm doubting we'll see her or any other characters that got left out at this point, since they've announced the appearance of the Ranger girl and I can't see them backtracking to older characters. Could always hope for more Chronicles episodes I suppose?

Medea

Excalibur
*demands more Tracey*...But also

Sylvester (A Farfetch'd Tale)
Lorelei/Prima
Blue (from the manga)
Falkner
Misty

...That's all I got for now...

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
I'd like to see Otoshi, that would be an interesting episode. And Bruno, yeah him. His episode was hilarious.

What about Mandy? You know, the "Astounding Mandy"? He was Ash's first opponent in the Indigo League, and IIRC, he won the whole competition the last few years running. I'd love to see him return.

Swellow

Spider Sceptile
Off the top of my head Misty even though in a Role like Tracey for a short arch. Wally, Wallace the Two W's thanks a Lot Japan in a Mean voice, but at least my Spanish Name is on the anime now. Brendan and Steven Stone again.

articuno_trumps_all

<========Ball Squeez
PokeTrainer7783 said:
Does anyone think Richie will return again?
Yes, yes I do.

I miss Hiroshi and Jimmy. They're both really great characters and need to make new appearances. Especially Richie damut.

P

PokeTrainer7783

I wonder how the psychic Pokemon trainer I think Sabrina her name was is? She was one freaky gym leader.

Jessie_James

I have returned!
I wanna see Richie and Casey again, not just in the chornicals

♥Princess Ketchum♥

#1 Ash Satoshi Lover
i wanna see Misty and tracey back again and richie too