• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most over-used pokemon

RNG_Reporter

How do you guys know these are overused? Do you battle people in 3rd gen? I don't get it.

BurningWhiteKyurem

How do you guys know these are overused? Do you battle people in 3rd gen? I don't get it.

Personally, for me it was based on what choices my friends made when R/S/E came out. Blaziken, Swampert, Salamence, Rayquaza (giving you the beastliest Dragon-type pre-E4 in Emerald doesn't help...E4 was a cakewalk because of this), Groudon, and Kyogre were traditionally overused by local players. Rest were usually their choices.

Durbe

I'm tired
Blaziken, Swampert, and Salamence.

In terms of legendaries, Rayquaza. Everyone I knew during the 3rd generation times were all "RAYQUAZA RAYQUAZA! I MUST CATCH IT!".

We're talking about Pokémon that are used alot, not the competitive tier.

G50

No longer posting
Rayquaza, Swampert, and Blaziken. Sceptile not so much

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
I rarely, if ever see Sceptile used in Pokemon Emerald playthroughs. Not that I like Sceptile more then the others persay...but dang, I thought it'd be more popular in lets plays. O+O+ Blaziken and Swampert are both pretty well loved and used.

Innocentmercy

Salamence and Gardevoir. Seriously, I kept seeing them when I view other people's teams :/

However, I used those two too....

Haha, tutu

GreatGonzales

The Master
The starter Pokemon seem popular, more Swampert and Blaziken than sceptile.

Yeah, rayquaza, specifically in emerald, as you could obtain it at level 70 before challenging the e4.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Probably Zigzagoon and Blaziken

orochi

mudkip/marshtomp/swampert. you can easily fly past the gymleaders just by using this pokemon

Coey890

Optimistic Geek
Swampert and Rayquaza were really some that I always used as a kid.

Call Me Frankie

Firered Fan
Swampert, Blaziken, Salamance, Gardevoir, Flygon, Rayquaza, and Aggron to name a few.

EnragedSwalot

Gardevior is one that is seen too commonly in let's plays. And if you are talking about playthroughs, I strongly disagree with Metagross. More people just use him competitively then as part of their teams for the main adventure. Flygon and Salamence are also overused... and so is aggron... But to be honest, I think most of us can say we've used one of these at least once while playing through the main adventure.

frenky

Champion
swampert , rayquaza for e4 and skarmory for flying