• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Overlooked Weaknesses

The Indomitable

Experienced Master
A while ago today, I was just looking over Nidoprinces Ice vs water topic, and I wondered, what type do you think has the most overlooked weaknesses (as in what weaknesses did you not know a type had)

I'd say Poison. Its not the most famous type, and because of that, I think it'd be surprising to see its weaknesses

(I've avoided using a poll, as their are 13 types, any only 10 sections for each)

The Indomitable

chrombot

The Steel Hearted
I think resists might be more overlooked. Like you'll remember grass is weak to fire, but might forget ti resists electric.

I forget that psychic cant hit dark :p

I always forget that bug is weak to rock. And that ice is weak to steel.

Bug is weak to Rock? I never knew that until now. That's kinda sad. D:

Other than that one, I sometimes get Ground and Rock mixed up. I keep thinking Rock is super-effective against Steel, even though it's the opposite. :\

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
(I've avoided using a poll, as their are 13 types, any only 10 sections for each)
Maybe you've overlooked some weaknesses because you've overlooked four of the types?

Anyways, Ice <= Steel all the way.

Raikou_fan

I have a hard time overlooking poison and bug types. Often I forget the impact a bug pkmn can have a a psychic or ghost type, and I usually don't think about poison types being very effective on grass..

Tearen the Absol

Carpe Noctem
I can never get straight what attacks can hit ghosties and what can't. Especially when you get to those obscure elemental types like water.

Tearen the Absol

Carpe Noctem
I can never get straight what attacks can hit ghosties and what can't. Especially when you get to those obscure elemental types like water.

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers

Ghost and Dark are super effective, but weaknesses always confuse me. Especially since I learned type effectiveness when the only Ghost type Pokemon were half Poison. For the longest time, I though psychic was super effective on ghosts.

The TCG also confused me. Here's the list:
Fire: Fire
Water: Water, Ice
Grass: Grass, Bug, Poison
Electric: Electric
Psychic: Psychic, Ghost
Fighting: Fighting, Rock, Ground
Metal: Steel
Dark: Dark
Colorless: Normal, Flying, Dragon

Because of this list, I though water attacks were super effective against fighting types, psychic attacks were super effective against psychic types, electic types were weak to fighting, fire was super effective against poison, I didn't even know bug was separate from grass, I didn't know that the dragon type existed, and various other match ups that didn't make sense.

granbull guy

Vasoline
Bug on Grass thats the only one I ever forgett.

Dattebayo

Banned
I almost never knew that ghost types are weak against their own types.

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
I always forget that bug is weak to rock. And that ice is weak to steel.

Wow, I always forget those too. I also forget that Bug is not super effective against Ghost.

Obsolete

MondoTR (Dani)
The TCG also confused me. I though psychic attacks were super effective against psychic types, electic types were weak to fighting.
Same here. I realized the psychic thing wasn't true a few years ago but it wasn't until last month that I realized electric isn't weak against fighting in the games. And I've been playing over ten years. XD;

I never really paid attention to weaknesses/resistances so only know the main ones (grass weak against fire, for example) off the top of my head. The others I only remember when they're stated in the middle of battle, lol.