• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most overrated character of all time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Most of this thread is just people projecting their hate for certain characters and using the buzzword overrated as a way to cover it

Moonlight Starlight

Most of this thread is just people projecting their hate for certain characters and using the buzzword overrated as a way to cover it
This is why I hate lies everyone protecting their favorite character when could see the real truth about them I wish the producers and writers was be honest in their work so this still could clear up so we never had now these problems.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Well, I can only say for sure it's Ash.

For the anime staff.
I don't think their opinion can count. Besides, he's the main character, of course he's going to get this treatment

And thank goodness that poll did nothing to effect SM. Anyway I don’t think a random poll about her going to Alola is a good indication where she stands in the fandom.

And I’m not saying this to be a “Serena hater” but it’s a literal paradox to say her character didn’t revolve around shipping but want her to go to Alola just for the sake of following Ash and not to succeed in her goal.

I mean, if you can find me a huge countable amount of hate = to the liking of Serena, I’d be happy to hear it

Her goal was to literally make people happy, but you’re missing the point of my post entirely by going off this irrelevant tangent.

My point was simply that I believe Serena is more liked than disliked and history has proved dislike is more heard at times than the liking of a character

VoltTacklingPika

It's impossible to pick any of the main cast because they've all been under/over-rated at various points over the last 20 years, so I'm going to go with any member of the Elite Four of any Champion that has appeared in the series. There was always a clamour for them to appear in some capacity but most of them didn't do anything worthwhile and only turned up to dispense some wisdom before disappearing never to be seen again. They arrive with all this fanfare and then underwhelm every time.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I mean, if you can find me a huge countable amount of hate = to the liking of Serena, I’d be happy to hear it

Her goal was to literally make people happy, but you’re missing the point of my post entirely by going off this irrelevant tangent.

My point was simply that I believe Serena is more liked than disliked and history has proved dislike is more heard at times than the liking of a character
Yeah that and becoming Kalos Queen and you can’t become Kalos Queen while not in Kalos. And like I said an official poll really doesn’t tell you anything. There’s so many factors that make the data on that irrelevant. By the way, what is this history you speak of?

Yeah that and becoming Kalos Queen and you can’t become Kalos Queen while not in Kalos. And like I said an official poll really doesn’t tell you anything. There’s so many factors that make the data on that irrelevant. By the way, what is this history you speak of?

Are you trolling at this point? People can have multiple goals and change their goals. You can pursue one at a point in time over the other or do them simultaneously...

What factors do determine popularity then lol? Serena’s popularity has been well-documented through numerous official polls done by Japan and other people including one that placed Serena 18th of all anime girls with short hair(that would be a lot of anime girls) and one that placed Serena 2nd of all of Ash’s companions that people wanted to come back(only behind Brock).

Enlighten me on how to document popularity.

? It’s a widespread phenomenon that often you see dislike of things being more heard than the liking of things

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Basically every character at one point or another.

Except James.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Easily Paul.

That he has any fans at all is a problem. That they are on the anime staff is a bigger one.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Honestly, I think this honor goes to Misty. I don't hate Misty or anything, but I just think the other companions were better than she was.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Ah! I know Overrated is a very subjective term but I got one in mind that probably most of you would agree. Tobias. Freaking Tobias, the most BS of BS characters to ever throw his hat in the ring.

zdbz_sn

I'd actually say Gary Oak. I don't dislike him as a character - his early Kanto incarnation is a wonderful "love to hate 'em" type - but his reputation as a Trainer is disproportionate to his actual accomplishments on the show IMO. If I can play pop psychologist for a moment, I think that his image is burnished by people associating him with Blue (from the games and from PokeSpe), and by the fact that those early Kanto episodes have lingered more strongly in the wider pop culture than what came after.

Status
Not open for further replies.