• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most overrated character of all time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Who is the most overrated character of all time according to you? Discuss.

For me, it's Serena!

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Ash’s Palpitoad is the most overrated character in the entire anime. The fact that it felt so much higher than literally everyone on the cast to the point of barely showing up to support his Trainer says a lot for itself. It gives other Pokèmon such a high standard that even the likes of Charizard and Greninja pale in comparison. Everyone brings up its development and overall character arc as if he was some god. Really felt like overdone fan service tbh

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
Ash’s Palpitoad is the most overrated character in the entire anime. The fact that it felt so much higher than literally everyone on the cast to the point of barely showing up to support his Trainer says a lot for itself. It gives other Pokèmon such a high standard that even the likes of Charizard and Greninja pale in comparison. Everyone brings up its development and overall character arc as if he was some god. Really felt like overdone fan service tbh

This is the most hilarious thing I have read all day.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
OS, AG and DP characters whether they are human or pokemon are massively overrated. As simple as that.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Ash's Greninja since the latter was seemingly beating Diantha's Gardevoir for a while lol.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Afar from Ash, Pikachu and TRio

SERENA!!!! For God sake. I prefer her game and manga counterparts more. She's similar to a Disney Princess hoping to marry prince charming.

Followed by Misty, Brock and (Ash) Greninja. Also XY as a whole series is overrated TBH

Serena's Manga counterpart had the SAME beef with her mother regarding Rhyhorn racing and yet Kusaka made it work by making Y one who prefers the sky.

As for Ash Greninja... a lot of Ash's pokemon have a better story for me than him... by miles!

But to make myself a little different.... Paul.

As much as I like him as a rival, a lot of people want someone like him again. Maybe if the setting calls for it, but I would rather have our next jerk rival be a crafty troll!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I can say Red because Origins, and you didn't specify the show or anime itself.
Nobody is close to the overratedness of this character

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Alan is somehow simultaneously overrated and underrated. Origins red wins though

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I feel like the entire main cast of each and every Pokemon series is eligible for this list with the exception of maybe Tracey and Iris.

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Is a character really overrated when most of the thread doesn’t even think she’s all that? I always thought Serena has divided reactions from hating to loving her. For every Serena lover there’s a person who hated her.

Is a character really overrated when most of the thread doesn’t even think she’s all that? I always thought Serena has divided reactions from hating to loving her. For every Serena lover there’s a person who hated her.

Serebii is an extremely small sample size

Status
Not open for further replies.