1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Most overrated series of the anime?

Discussion in 'Animé Polls' started by Halolady, Jul 29, 2017.

?

Most overrated series

1. OS-Kanto

30.9%
  2. OS-Johto

3.1%
  3. AG

2.1%
  4. DP

8.2%
  5. BW

2.1%
  6. XY

53.6%
  1. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Hard agree on SM, definitely think it's overtaken XY now.
    But Best Wishes is the complete opposite, nobody likes it completely. There are some stuff people unanimously like, like the TRio having a villain arc, Dom tournaments, Ash having reserves and Ash's ace not being one of the starters(Unlike Lycanroc, it's actually confirmed Krookodile's one of his strongest Pokemon)... but they did a lot of bad stuff too. I've never seen a single person go "I like Anime! Ghetsis, Anime! Ghetsis is the greatest!" that abomination wasn't Ghetsis.... N was in character, but Ghetsis sure as heck wasn't. They turned Ghetsis(The best antagonist in the series) into a generic madman villain you'd typically see as a COTD or movie villain! The games you can say are overrated though, sure. But they deserve the love

2. PokemonKnight

PokemonKnight #1 Sylveon Fan

DP.

191 episodes was way too lengthy for the threadbare rivalries and plots introduced. Brock's team was stale and he was just forgotten. The Ash-Paul rivalry had nothing engaging going for it (standard Pokemon training that is confirmed as the correct way in every media of the franchise versus Pokemon abuse that was glossed over), Barry was just there to pant over Paul and act like a fool. Jessie continuing her Contests career was undercut by her only earning 60% of her ribbons. Dawn's rivals ranged from overbearing (Zoey), non-existent (Nando) to pushover (Urusla), and irrelevant (Kenny). Team Galactic was handled well. TR was at their absolute nadir. Infernape took over Ash's team and completely pushed aside the other Pokemon.

3. J.Agera

J.Agera Well-Known Member

I have to say the original Saga(Johto) . The only reason people even remember it is because of Nostalgia. It was the one that started it after all.

Apart from that , none of the series is overrated.

Seeing XY being voted the most here is no surprise, people in these forums hate on that series so much lol even when it's clearly the best series objectively.

Generally I would say the SM series isn't overrated. But in these forums, it definitely is and it has far more flaws than XY ever had.

I agree so much with you lol.
    I really don't understand why people hate XY and praise SM so much in these forums.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    SH65 and janejane6178 like this.
  4. J.Agera

I might be a bit harsh, but the one you replied to is right.
    I absolutely don't understand why people hate Serena just for having a crush on Ash when she added so much more to the show.
    You may be entitled to your opinion, but it's a wrong opinion.
    Who am I kidding, this forum loves to hate on XY.

SH65, janejane6178, Redstar45 and 2 others like this.
  5. Sham

Sham It’s coming

No he isn't that's not how an opinion works.
    Yes because it has nothing to do with the diet Contests, lack of battling, staying stagnant for a complete year and not contributing a lot to the TF arc as much as the rest. Let's claim it's the crush.
    This is your opinion.
    I know I am.
    That's not how any of this works.
    Because it's a flawed series just like OS, AG, DP, BW and SM.. except you don't see their fans up in arms every time they receive the bitest of critisim. Bro nobody has been even talking about XY lately just enjoy your show.

PorcelainVulpix likes this.
  6. J.Agera

Yes he is, what he is saying is actual truth.
    Her crush is a big part of her character. Not addressing that is bad writing.

Yes it is, but I did not refer to it in that context. Its also an existing truth Wether you like it or not.

But XY is the least flawed series. It isn't even given credit where its due in these forums. Instead it's strong points are considered as flaws.
    It isn't flawless thats true, but it's just the best series the Pokemon Anime has got, from an objective and unbiased standpoint.
    Sure there are XY fanboys claim it's flawless, but I haven't seen even one on these forums.
    When SM has FAR MORE FLAWS THAN XY EVER DID, ITS DEFENDED ON THESE FORUMS FAR MORE THAN IT DESERVES.

Zoruagible and janejane6178 like this.
  7. Dragalge

Dragalge Countey

XY doesn’t have Holy Matrimony so no it’s not objectively the best series.

8. Redstar45

Redstar45 A POCKET MONSTERS & DIGITAL MONSTERS Fan !

What is holy matrimony?. I don't think that lile or suiren and mao is doing well in the Pokemon sm arc ..

janejane6178 likes this.
  9. Dragalge

Dragalge Countey

You’re asking me what’s Holy Matrimony. This concerns me.

Pokegirl Fan~ likes this.
  10. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Tsundere Girl

It's an episode from the Indigo League series.

11. keepitsimple

keepitsimple Gary the Gnome got shattered

people who unironically think opinions are sacred and can't be wrong should really look up the definition of opinion lmfao. sorry but if your spicy hot take about Serena (or whatever character) contradicts what was shown in the anime on our screens then yeah, it's wrong lol. if you want to keep denying that then i don't know what else to tell you

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  12. Moonlight Starlight

Moonlight Starlight Well-Known Member

I think the holy matrimony I think you're talking about is the episode of James's fiance from that episode I think.

Pokegirl Fan~ and Dragalge like this.
  13. J.Agera

Then maybe you could say that you didn't like the way she was handled instead of just downright lies like:
    "It just felt like the writers over emphasized the crush. Like we know she likes Ash but what else? She has other humanizing characteristics but the writers always seemed to mash in her crush at times it really didn’t belong."

Now now, you are entitled to your opinion but they have no bussiness with objectivity, if you want to challenge objectivity then maybe you should give your unbiased reasoning instead of just Hollow claims.
    And you just basically proved my previous point.

14. Dragalge

Dragalge Countey

You are having that already!

Sham and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  15. Redstar45

Gardie and Kojirō episode? And i just forgot about that ok ? And that Pokemon haven't been show since dppt so does Musashi's clone Rumika.

janejane6178 likes this.
  16. J.Agera

?? Da hell you mean lol?

janejane6178 and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  17. Sham

Sham It’s coming

An opinion is a bias or personal belief. I never claimed opinions cannot be wrong. Now of an opinion can be factually be wrong ie: the sky is brown, when we know most humans interpret the sky as blue according to human eyesight. What I said was “that isn’t how opinions work”. Meaning that just because you disagree with my opinion doesn’t mean it’s wrong. TV shows are different. What is shown in the anime is up for interpretation and critique. Serena did have a crush in the anime and it was noted a couple of times. It’s really dependent on the viewer what’s too little or too much in terms of focus. All I said was is that I disliked the emphasis that was put towards the crush, how is that contradicting the anime? Especially when the user accused me of hating Serena for her crush when I literally said she had more qualities outside of her crush. Make it make sense.

How long have you been watching the anime?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    PorcelainVulpix likes this.
  18. Redstar45

Again i just forgot about that episode ok ?

janejane6178 likes this.
  19. Blastmaster

Blastmaster Well-Known Member

What even is this argument? There's no such thing as an "objectively best series." There's no such thing as "bias-free." I really can't stand how many people think there is.

20. J.Agera

There is. Just because you fail to process it, dosen't mean there isn't.

janejane6178 likes this.