• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Pointless Manga Ever

ForeverFlame

Inuyasha was a pretty good series in general, but it was like 36 volumes too long.

Seriously, I love it, but some arcs made me absolutely furious. The Dragon Scale upgrade took forever, and it ended up pointless because there was yet another sword upgrade literally afterwards.

And Naraku spent the entire Band of Seven arc preparing himself to cast away his heart, right? Well, a gazillion arcs later, he ends up taking his heart back. So what was the point in him casting it off in the first place?

The same with Kagura, Kanna, and Hakudoshi. Naraku ended up killing them (or at least was responsible for each of their deaths), so what was the point in creating them in the first place?

Not to mention how, in the beginning, they were collecting a jewel shard every few chapters. Near the end, it was more like one jewel shard over a span of twenty volumes.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
The point of manga is to entertain. As long as it fulfills that purpose for someone, it is not pointless.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Inuyasha was a pretty good series in general, but it was like 36 volumes too long.

Inuyasha was 56 volumes long, 20 volumes longer than you thought :p

I think Death Note, although an ok series in general, was pointless. I mean, it's one of the few manga that upset it's fans near the end. The whole story fell apart half-way through when the best character died.

Also, the main character dies at the end...

Birnax

Grass pokemon Master
Final Fantasy XII has its manga but there really no point of its existence since it doesn't follow the game's story.

7 tyranitars

I think Death Note, although an ok series in general, was pointless. I mean, it's one of the few manga that upset it's fans near the end. The whole story fell apart half-way through when the best character died.

they ´kill´´ characters to prefend other people to continue the story

-Raiga-

Also, the main character dies at the end

Pretty idiotic to call a series mediocre(way better than average imo), considering your name is based off it isn't it? And I don't mean to get in Death note arguement, but I have no idea how the storyline "fell apart" after L died. How was anyone supposed to believe Light is a threat when he can't beat anyone? Not to mention it doesn't help your arguement when you use your opinion(best character died) for a reason.

And for the last part, yes, lets have the psychopath Light win...

If L hadn't been killed, he would have discovered the last piece of proof he needed, and thus, the series would have ended way too soon.
Light had to die because it was of no use leaving him alive.

It's a pretty effing awesome ending if you ask me.

No. 1 Machop Fan

I remember receiving a single-issue Manga in a kids' magazine about a unique car called the i-Unit. Does that count?

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
As much as I love the series, Ranma 1/2 is kinda pointless. The whole "plot" of manga is about Ranma and the other cursed beings trying to get cured and Ranma and Akane getting married to carry out the school.

None of that gets resolved.

In volume 36 the springs are over flooded, so the characters couldn't be cured when in Jusenkyo. Then, right after, Ranma's and Akane's wedding get crashed by all the other suitors. While I'll admit Ranma is a better character with the curse, some of the others can be cured no problem. And while I don't like RanmaxAkane it would be nice to see how exactly things would of worked out if they gotten married since that pairing seems incompatible. And see what the suitors would do.

Ranma 1/2 could easily be almost, if not longer, than InuYasha since nothing really heads anywhere. But, if it does, there's plenty of material to cover.

The best thing about this manga is the fights and most of the characters with all the chaos they bring.

ShanksD

Anyone read the Fire Emblem manga? Based on the original game? Truly awful. Probably done purely for marketing purposes.