• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Popular Female Character?

Most Popular Female?

• Jessie

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Serena

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • May

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Iris

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Misty

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Lillie

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Dawn

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Katie

• Zoey

• Bianca

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Which female human character from the pokemon anime do you think has the biggest fanbase?

Genaller

Silver Soul
This type of question is actually pretty tough to answer (since it’s asking what we think the broader consensus is rather than what we think personally). I would say the answer is Dawn though I could see arguments for Misty and Serena. With Misty and Serena they have many fans but also many detractors whereas I seldom ever see anyone ever speak negatively of Dawn. Dawn was also probably the most “pushed” Pokegirl in terms of marketing and screen time and also got the most return episodes of any companion, so that gives further support.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
As Genaller said, it's tough to specify exactly, but I would say Serena. Sure, she has more haters and detractors than Dawn, but that's a small part of her otherwise huge fanbase. Dawn is popular no doubt, since it seems she has very few detractors, but I think her overall fanbase is smaller than Serena's. Infact, I'd argue that even Misty has a bigger fan base than Dawn since a lot original gen 1 folks hold her dear. As of the recent poll, Serena and Misty came in 2 and 3 respectively, which speaks of their popularity.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Current biggest fanbase? Dawn and Lillie. I've almost seen no hate towards them. In fact I think they're the most loved poke girls. Dawn was marketed more and Lillie already had a fanbase thanks to the SM games.

My personal favorite? Iris Dawn and Lillie.

Iris because she was a breath of fresh air and an ACTUAL tomboy. Her design is very different from all the other pokegirls and so is her personality. Despite being critical of Ash at first, she learns to enjoy him and be there for him through thick and thin. Also her backstory episodes are one my favorite episodes especially "A Villiage Homecoming" and "Iris vs Drayden Past Present and Future"

Lillie is also "new" in sense. She's the only character I find interesting that doesn't have a good (or any) goal. The writers actually learned how to write a character without a sturdy goal. I'm glad she's the first character to have a mental plot (PTSD).

And finally Dawn was arguably the best Poke Girl goal wise. Shes broke many traditions as a compnaion and it's no question why she got the most screen time cameo wise.

Last edited:

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
As of now? It is Dawn and Serena.

Serena thanks to Amour in both west and Japan.

Dawn is very popular in Japan cause Piplup is a very popular Pokémon and she is really liked for her development wise and cute design.

Then comes Misty, due to nostalgia reasons and May is equally liked as Misty is pobably. Iris comes below in both Japan and west.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
As of now? It is Dawn and Serena.

Serena thanks to Amour in both west and Japan.

Dawn is very popular in Japan cause Piplup is a very popular Pokémon and she is really liked for her development wise and cute design.

Then comes Misty, due to nostalgia reasons and May is equally liked as Misty is pobably. Iris comes below in both Japan and west.

Wrong iris was above misty in 2013 poll for best female pokegirl. Misty was at 5th place even behind cynthia with dawn, may and iris in first 3 places.

I would say in japan dawn and serena are superpopular, serena was voted 18th best female anime character with short hair in 2015/16 and even dawn was voted very highly in some polls during DP days.

Misty is more popular in wet though due to nostalgia and also the fact that she represent more western culture than japanese one. Therefore her popularity in japan could be relatively low compared to other pokegirls. I think lillie at the end of SM would be ranked highly as well.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Wrong iris was above misty in 2013 poll for best female pokegirl. Misty was at 5th place even behind cynthia with dawn, may and iris in first 3 places.

I would say in japan dawn and serena are superpopular, serena was voted 18th best female anime character with short hair in 2015/16 and even dawn was voted very highly in some polls during DP days.

Misty is more popular in wet though due to nostalgia and also the fact that she represent more western culture than japanese one. Therefore her popularity in japan could be relatively low compared to other pokegirls. I think lillie at the end of SM would be ranked highly as well.

I remember that poll, which makes you question just exactly how accurate these "polls" are in terms of popularity for characters since they're all over the place. It's sad that shipping reasons are the primary reason why people like characters on this show but a good chunck of Lillie's fans are Aurelia shippers who thinks she and Ash are raising "babies" (Nebby and Snowy). Combine that and her already loyal fans from the game and she's pretty popular.

Last edited:

Kuzehiko

Wrong iris was above misty in 2013 poll for best female pokegirl . Misty was at 5th place even behind cynthia with dawn, may and iris in first 3 places.

What poll are you talking about? Mind to lend a source?

I agree on Serena and Dawn being super popular.

Yes, Misty is more popular in west than in Japan but i was talking generally. She is generally more popular than Iris in both Japan and west imo.

Last edited:

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia

Yes, Misty is more popular in west than in Japan but i was talking generally. She is generally more popular than Iris in both Japan and west imo.

It's a legit poll (I'll try to find it for you eventually because even I found accidently) but yeah the polls are all over the place. I wouldn't be surpised if a new one released tomorrow if Mallow was on top and Dawn is dead last

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

It's a popularity poll of the girls in the Pokémon Anime in 2013- but with Japanese participants instead of western ones.

anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/chara/41082/

1). Dawn - 1207 votes
2). May - 1153 votes
3). Iris - 812 votes
4). Cynthia - 803 votes
5). Misty - 760 votes
6). Skyla - 629 votes
7). Erika - 592 votes
8). Elesa - 583 votes
9). Flannery - 553 votes
10). Jessie - 541 votes

Iris definitely is more popular in japan than misty whereas misty is more over in west.

Kuzehiko

It's a legit poll (I'll try to find it for you eventually because even I found accidently) but yeah the polls are all over the place. I wouldn't be surpised if a new one released tomorrow if Mallow was on top and Dawn is dead last

Okay. If you find it, pm it to me please.

I don't think passage of time affects a character's popularity. I mean it does, but barely does it.

It's a popularity poll of the girls in the Pokémon Anime in 2013- but with Japanese participants instead of western ones.

anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/chara/41082/

1). Dawn - 1207 votes
2). May - 1153 votes
3). Iris - 812 votes
4). Cynthia - 803 votes
5). Misty - 760 votes
6). Skyla - 629 votes
7). Erika - 592 votes
8). Elesa - 583 votes
9). Flannery - 553 votes
10). Jessie - 541 votes

Iris definitely is more popular in japan than misty whereas misty is more over in west.

Didn't know about this one.
I agree on you. Thanks.

Last edited:

crashmax

Anime : Hikari and Serena

Game : Hikari and Touko

Manga : Yellow and Sapphire

Fandom : Kasumi and Serena

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Yeah, it's probably currently between Serena, Dawn, and maybe Lillie given her game counterpart's popularity.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I would probably argue Misty, considering it was a huge controversy when she was replaced.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
Serena, Dawn and Misty with the likes of May and Cynthia following behind (Lillie shouldn't be mixed up with the game version but she'll be up there)

And agree with whoever said Hilda for female PCs

Last edited:

Rajas

On this site, it'd definitely be Dawn I'm guessing as Serena is probably a really polarizing character here from what I've seen in my short time here. Hard to tell on a worldwide spectrum though as then you'd have to take into account all the random polls, probably even merchandising and so on. Anyways I picked Serena because I think she still has more fans albeit not much more than Dawn although I feel that by the end of SM, Lillie may be the most popular if not right up there with Dawn/Serena.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I would probably argue Misty, considering it was a huge controversy when she was replaced.

That controversy was only in west though not in japan and even it died down pretty quickly once may started getting into action.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I'm not gonna cast a vote, cuz Serena and Misty seem about equally popular to me. Remember; there are a lot of gennoners out there (although...i haven't heard of them AS MUCH lately....o_O) xD; And people who stopped watching the anime when misty left.

Status
Not open for further replies.