1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Most Popular First Gen Pokemon (A project for my stats class)

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by MoonCleric, Apr 7, 2013.

1. MoonCleric

MoonCleric New Member

Hello everyone, im doing a project for my statistics class and I was wondering if you guys could help me out? Im comparing the air time different Pokemon where given in the first season of the anime to there popularity. I haven't been able to poll as many people as I would have liked to, so if your interested that would be great!

If you could answer these two questions in your response
    1. What is your favorite 1st generation Pokemon?
    2. Out of theses options, why is it your favorite:
    -Its cuteness factor
    -Its badassness factor
    -Its weirdness factor
    -Its rarity
    -Its type
    -Its involvement in the anime
    -Its ability's/attacks

Thanks for your help!

2. UbersSuck20

UbersSuck20 #FreeGenesect

My fav 1st gen Pokemon is definitely Gengar.
    It's really badass, it has an extremely good typing plus Levitate, and a good special STAB in the form of Shadow Ball. But I hate the fact that it has to rely on Focus Miss to hit Tyranitar and Heatran.

3. T.W.I.

T.W.I. Undercover Rocket

Eevee
    -Its weirdness factor (as in, what separates it apart? then i say his genetic coding and theory on evolution an environment)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  4. Legendary Charizard

Legendary Charizard Fire Master

My favorite would be Charizard and closely followed by Mewtwo. Both qualify for the badass factor

5. Elnava

Elnava The Successor!

Eevee for the cuteness factor as well as the variety it has

Gengar(entire line), Mew, Mewtwo, and Bulbasaur sort of share that 1st place spot because I don't want to choose

6. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

Mewtwo for sure.

2. Why is it your favorite:

Cuteness? Mewtwo was not meant to be cute. Badassery? Oh yes, he's the strongest of the first generation Pokémon, and still technically is even with Arceus' 720 across the board. The weirdness is because of how unnatural he is, but that's part of his charm. There's just a lot to Mewtwo that makes him my favorite, from his strength, to his design, to his tragic backstory resulting in some of the best characterization in the anime. Mewtwo is my favorite Pokémon period.

7. AmbipomMaster

AmbipomMaster #TeamInstinct

1. Sandslash. For sure :D

2. Badassness factor. A giant shrew with spikes out the back and big claws is definitely badass.

;028;

8. Howie Cheeto

Howie Cheeto Active Member

1. Favourite Gen I Pokémon has always been Blastoise
    2. Badassness factor - a turtle with twin cannons >: )

9. Trainer Michael

Trainer Michael Pokemon Champion

1. Charizard, for sure.
    2. The icon factor (he, along with Venasaur, were the franchises' original mascots, before the whole anime "Pokemon Yellow" thing). He's also just......EPIC.

10. MoonCleric

MoonCleric New Member

Thanks to every one whos taken the time to answer so far, its a great help. Its awesome, for the project I get to watch the anime and say its homework!

-Again thanks

11. Everlasting

Everlasting Bright but faded.

Happy to help you in your project.
    My favorite Pokémon of this generation is, even if it isn't original, Eevee. I always like her design so the cuteness goes but also part of her rarity. Because she's not very common, it makes her an unique Pokémon that we have to keep preciously.

12. *PKMN Trainer Paddy*

*PKMN Trainer Paddy* #HORSEPOWER

Happy to help you btw :D.
    My favourite first gen pokemon is Dragonite.
    I like it because of its type. It being the first, fully evolved dragon pokemon.

13. Ninja Eevee

Ninja Eevee Haunters Gonna Haunt

Dragonite Or Arcanine

My favourite 2 on my HeartGold and both felt like companions. Arcanine until all 16 badges and dragonite in the aftergame never leaves my team

I have to go with Dragonite, and the badass factor. afterall, he is one badass pokemon

14. Golemite

Golemite Well-Known Member

Golem, badassness factor.

Curious set of factors... May I ask you why did you pick these factors precisely? :)

15. Draknir

Draknir Team Popplio

One of the most commonly loved ones: Charizard

-Its badassness factor-It resembles a Dragon, which I have always loved
    -Its involvement in the anime-I grew up with the Anime, so it is safe to say its involvement has played a part in why I like it.

16. Sid87

Sid87 I love shiny pokemon

-Butterfree. My favorite of any generation

-Its ability's/attacks

17. octoboy

octoboy I Crush Everything

I've always been a major lover of caterpie. The reasons are a mix of the given; Cuteness naturally is a major factor, and I also think anime involvement might qualify, with caterpie's being utterly adorable in Ash Catches A Pokémon contributing quite a bit to my liking it, as well as a bit of the weirdness factor as well, as caterpie is cute, but not exactly a conventional cute thing, like something like pikachu would be. I've always found creatures not everyone would immediately label as "cute" pretty adorable, caterpillars being a major one, so not being something most people like is also a plus.

Not like my quite possibly single vote for it would do much for your poll, but whatever.

18. Al_The_Killer

Al_The_Killer New Member

my favorite 1st gen pokemon has got to be Scyther :) its badassness level is in the extreme with its speed and its scythe arms. it was a really tough choice tho. i hope this helped!

19. Crimson Penguin

Crimson Penguin Marchin' on

My favorite 1st gen Pokémon is Flareon, partly because of its cuteness and its type, and partly because of something else I can't really pin down. It's hard for me to fully explain why Flareon has beaten out so many other Pokémon for my favorite, but it's always been one of the preferred members of my team in every generation.

Now if you were doing this poll for 4th gen, I could go on and on about my other favorite Pokémon. ; )

Good luck with your project!

20. Cheez Puf

Cheez Puf Just lurking.

1.) Favorite 1st gen pokemon? Kabutops.

2.) Why? To pick from your list of criteria, it would be:

a) His badassness. Why? I always thought the fact that he had scythes for arms was ridiculously awesome.
    b) His type. Water types are my favorite type.