• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Popular First Gen Pokemon (A project for my stats class)

Ditto B1tch

1. What is your favorite 1st generation Pokemon? Venusaur

2. Out of theses options, why is it your favorite:
-Its badassness factor

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
I'd tell you this. I also did this kind of survey that you're doind here in the past for my college finals project.

1. What is your favorite 1st generation Pokemon?
Personally, I'll be honest with you. I began with the Hoenn Saga in the games. But out of al 151 pokemon, I'm on tie between Butterfree and Mew as the most influential of the 1st gen pokemon. But if I have to choose one, its Butterfree
2. Out of these options, why is it your favorite:
For butterfree:
-Its cuteness factor
-Its involvement in the anime
For mew:
-Its cuteness factor
-Its rarity
-Its type
-Its ability's/attacks

MoonCleric

@Golemite
I picked these factories because Im studying not only the air time a pokemon got but how it was presented in the anime. For an example of somthing I could learn is did the producers of the anime to strike a balance of badass cute and weird pokemon or was it more random. Also I just wanted to add more information to my presentation.

Also I have posted on other forums and this forum hands down wins for the amount of responses ive gotten.

-Thanks

Last edited:

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
Uhh, I don't really have one but I'll just pick one that I think fits the criteria.

Jolteon

Its badassness factor, come on it's speed is like a rocket lifting off into space and it's sp. atk is beast. Therefore making Jolteon a beast, and it looks cool.

;129;Magikarp...

Because in gen1 it could learn surf... so if you traded it back to a new save... you could easily beat brock. Plus a badass Magikarp would be awesome.

-Brock wants to battle!

-Brock sends out Geodude!;074;

me -Go, Magikarp! ;129;

-Brock - *heh, easy. this trainer isn't gettin no badge!*

-Magikarp uses surf! It's Super effective!

-Geodude faints!

-Brock - ... o_0... *da hell?*

lol if only... ;129; :D

Meowtastic

1. What is your favorite 1st generation Pokemon? Meowth

Its cuteness factor

I'm pretty biased, since cats are my favorite animals. I really love the move pay day as well. As for the anime, I do like meowth in there. He has a really sad backstory.

Macklin

Cobalion's Champion
1. What is your favorite 1st generation Pokemon? Charmander
-Its badassness factor

Matoro

Toa of Ice
1. What is your favorite 1st generation Pokemon? Scyther
-Its badassness factor

1. My favourite 1st Gen Pokemon is Nidoking. You may find it surprising, as I'm female...

2. But I like Nidoking due to its sheer awesomeness, a factor Nidoqueen lacks. It is also one of the most useful 1st Gen Pokemon ingame, being a real force to be reckoned with with its Poison Point and high attack stats. This creature destroyed ingame on FireRed, and I am pleased to use it again in my Poison Monotype run.

zaku2

My favorite 1st gen Pokemon hmm that's a tough choice i"m a big fan of the poison types those being ;094; ;109; ;049; and ;024;but the one i use the most is definitely KOFFING ;109;

my reason for choosing Koffing is mostly for his looks i mean doesn't he look so happy it's adorable

Attachments

• 109.png
    109.png
    825 bytes · Views: 2
Last edited:

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Electrode
I like the role it (and Voltorb) plays, in both the anime and some of the games. I also like its concept, as well as its simple design.

Bluelatios*

Ah, I have so many favorites like the obvious Charizard, Mewtwo, Eevee, etc plus Electabuzz, Lapras, and Ninetales. My all time favorite tends to change sometimes, but it usually sits at Ninetales. Its cute, awesome, and has semi-psychic powers. So just check "badass" even though I don't like that term. I don't know if 2 choices are allowed, but since I just love the anime and Lapras, I feel very compelled to pick him as my second favorite.

spartanfan17

Dragon Trainer
1. What is your favorite 1st generation Pokemon? Charizard or Dragonite
2. Out of theses options, why is it your favorite: Both are badasses clearly

Cool Boy

Be fearless
What is your favorite 1st generation Pokemon?
Mine is Pikachu
Out of theses options, why is it your favorite?
becuase he is awsome.

Dreamy

What is your favorite 1st generation Pokemon?

Either Charizard or Dragonite...probably Dragonite though.

Out of theses options, why is it your favorite?

I could say because it is so awesome, cute and powerful, but it is mostly because it was the very first Pokemon TCG card I received in my childhood, back then it was a first edition, and I had a giant 3' plush of it as well.

Sonic62

Sonic Master
Also my favourite Pokémon overall, is Raichu.

Its cuteness factor, just use one in a Pokémon Stadium game. It's that combination of toughness and cuteness at once that I think made Raichu my favourite to begin with.

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
There are many 1st Generation Pokemon that I really like. Charizard, Dragonite, and the Eeveelutions just to name a few, but my favorite one is Lapras.

If you could answer these two questions in your response
1. What is your favorite 1st generation Pokemon?

Lapras

-Its ability's/attacks

Good luck with your stats project.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
My favorite 1st gen Pokemon is Squirtle! The Squirtle evolution family is my favorite evolution family of all time as well! Squirtle was my first ever starter in the original Red version.