• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Most Popular Pokémon people want to see Ash get?

World Turtle

Once upon a time the idea of Ash getting any previous region Pokémon after moving on to the next region was unlikely but JN broke that trend with Dragonite, Gengar, and Lucario. The latter two being the ones people generally agree were the “ones that got away” in Kanto and Sinnoh respectively and were easily the biggest wants for people to see Ash get, but what about the other regions?

Larvitar in Johto obviously (with Houndour and Espeon being right behind him). Though based on the final series poster he now “counts” apparently along with Solgaleo at least in “honorary” terms.
If there are any others for Kanto through Paldea let’s hear them. What have been the fan favorites people want Ash to get? Who comes up the most?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I agree with Larvitar

Gardevoir in hoenn would've been a cool choice...probably would've been better than a certain fire turtle...

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Honestly the only desire I had was for him to get a ghost, psychic and fairy type, and to see him get a Lucario
JN fulfilled all of that so I'm pretty satisfied, esp as Nebby and Larvitar have gotten their dues as well
Ig a Gardevoir could be a cool choice if they someday decide to do a mature story with Ash that involves him losing a Pokemon and learning how to cope with the loss and move on. Gardevoir sacrificing itself for Ash and Ash temporarily retiring from being a Pokemon trainer as he tries to make peace and learn to move on is a bit of an edgy story I agree lol, but also a very mature one that could help Ash develop in a new way and provide him with a new perspective and experience with a Pokemon

World Turtle

I recall Hippopotas in Sinnoh but I’m unsure how often he came up. He might have had a small following, but Ash ended up with three ground types in total which might have disinterested most people to the idea of a fourth. One of which was also a heavyweight quadruped and the Grass Starter. Which leads me to think he’d just get the shaft if he was caught. The other ground types were a second flyer and a dragon type which helped them to stand out more.

Latias for Gen 3/Hoenn (though he met her in Johto). All of the bonding episodes went to Max and May during AG. Save for Spoink but that was with the whole group. Oh right Ash did team up with that Flygon during the Jirachi movie though.

Veedramon

Definitely Ho oh.

Ash has always had a special connection with that majestic beast, what with it being the iconic first legendary pokemon that he ever saw. Him catching it would be immensely beneficial to both of them.

Ash would get the pokemon that truly kickstarted his journey, as well as an immensely powerful companion, while Ho oh would gain access to Oak's Luxury resort ranch where it can relax, have fun races with Ash's other birds and spar with the fire type gang. Heck, it can even momentarily leave the ranch to go test its might against a Moltres, if its daring enough (and if one happens to be nearby).

Second place would definitely go to Mewtwo. I feel like Ash can bring some stability to its life by having him and his clone friends settling down at the ranch. They can also work on any residual trust issues that it still has towards humans

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Roaring Moon and the salamence line for me

Trillion

I recall Hippopotas in Sinnoh but I’m unsure how often he came up. He might have had a small following, but Ash ended up with three ground types in total which might have disinterested most people to the idea of a fourth. One of which was also a heavyweight quadruped and the Grass Starter. Which leads me to think he’d just get the shaft if he was caught. The other ground types were a second flyer and a dragon type which helped them to stand out more.

Latias for Gen 3/Hoenn (though he met her in Johto). All of the bonding episodes went to Max and May during AG. Save for Spoink but that was with the whole group. Oh right Ash did team up with that Flygon during the Jirachi movie though.
this was gonna be my answer

Leonhart

Imagineer
There was a lot of speculation when Pocket Monsters 2019 started that he'd capture a Bangiras [Tyranitar] due to it appearing in a lot of merchandise listings at the time. I believe Latias and Flygon were also popular choices among capture speculators for the same reason.

BlueDragonfangirl

Nope, they already tried that with Journey’s, they just didn’t know how to work it.

Good luck with them getting things right now.